• Show
Clear All
  • Velo
    Ride!
    • Aug 2019
    • Everywhere
    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
    • Send PM

In 1982 or 83, when I was 25-26, my sister (5 yrs older) asked me to come meet her new boyfriend. She was a ranger in Kings Canyon Nat. Park in the Southern Sierra Nevada. Her boyfriend was a backcountry packer for the park. My sis and I hiked in from the Roaring River trailhead and her boyfriend met us a few miles in with some horses. We spent a couple of days at the back country camp on Roaring River. This photo was taken then. I don't think I had showered for two days. My sis's boyfriend, Paul, took the pic. They were married in 1984 in Zumwalt Meadow in Kings Canyon in 1984 and are still married, both retired from the Park Service, on their horse property outside of Bozeman, MT, near Yellowstone. The thing is, my sis never showed me this pic until two days ago. It's so interesting to suddenly get a pic of yourself that you've never seen, that is 40 years old, when you were in your mid 20s.

285270826_1071477370120181_8800964027188838294_n.jpg
    Attached Files

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Congrats once again to Son of San Jose Joey Chestnut.
      King of Nathan's once again.
      He was wearing a walking boot.
      There was a blindside attack from some Vegan Fascist.
      Did not miss a bite.

Pure greatness.
      You don't know ball

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
        Congrats once again to Son of San Jose Joey Chestnut.
        King of Nathan's once again.
        He was wearing a walking boot.
        There was a blindside attack from some Vegan Fascist.
        Did not miss a bite.

Pure greatness.
        I cant watch those things. Its nausiating to me to watch those people eat soggy hot dog buns. Cant stand soggy buns or bread and thats how they have to eat them to get them down quicker.
        puke GIF

Comment

• Bolt-O
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

He beat his closest competition by 20. I'm with Boltjolt, it's not the most appealing thing to watch, and he must do some outlandish things to his body to do this but I do recognize Chestnut as probably the GOAT for competitive eating.

edit... a protester came on stage, and Chestnut took care of him, mid bite.

Comment

• Velo
            Ride!
            • Aug 2019
            • Everywhere
            • Send PM

Vegan tofu hot dogs are actually pretty good. I don't if there is a vegan hot dog eating contest; if not there soon will be. More and more people are incorporating plant-based into their diets. Lightlife Smart Dogs are my favorite.

498d548a-54d8-4554-ac05-c9736bc19c08.4fe114edfff6a1452fa2b8bf5f78a60b.jpeg?odnHeight=612&odnWidth=612&odnBg=FFFFFF.jpg

Comment

• Velo
              Ride!
              • Aug 2019
              • Everywhere
              • Send PM

As an Airbus 380 passenger liner recently flew on across the Atlantic, when suddenly a Eurofighter with a Tempo Mach 2 appeared.

The pilot of the fighter jet slowed down, flew alongside the Airbus and greeted the pilot of the passenger plane by radio: "Airbus, boring flight isn’t it? Now have a look here!"

He rolled his jet on its back, accelerated, broke the sound barrier, rose rapidly to a great height, then swooped down almost to sea level in a breathtaking dive. He looped back next to the Airbus and asks, "Well, how was that?"

The Airbus pilot answered: "Very impressive, but watch this!"

The jet pilot watched the Airbus, but nothing happened. It continued to fly straight, at the same speed. After 15 minutes, the Airbus pilot radioed, "Well, how was that?
              Confused, the jet pilot asks, "What did you do?"

The AirBus pilot laughs and says, "I got up, stretched my legs, walked to the back of the aircraft to use the washroom, then got a cup of coffee and a chocolate fudge pastry."

This is S.O.S.: Slower, Older and Smarter.

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                I don't see a Father's day thread so just wanted to post a pic of what my Wife brought me this morning.
                After our talks about Roberto's, I thought id show off a bit lol

PXL_20220619_163155935.jpg
                Holy Mexican food. Love that stuff. Mouth frothing.

Comment

• victoriaboltfan
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2019
                  • victoria b.c.
                  • Send PM

I'm looking into taking the wife to LA to see a Charger game .Any recommendations of where we should stay?

Comment

• Fleet 1
                    TPB Founder
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Kauai
                    • Send PM

Just gonna use this thread to announce that Xenos is now a mod here at the Blues. Consistently supplies us with good intel on the Bolts and is a rep from the CMB. I have been wanting a mod from that group for a while now. There will be no heavy lifting needed from any of our mods as Bolt O and i do most of that. But Xenos is a good example of keeping the peace around here and i like that he can rep this forum in that way.

Welcome Xenos.

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2017
                      • Send PM

Congrats Xenos!

Comment

• MakoShark
                        Disgruntled
                        • Jun 2013
                        • North Alabama
                        • Send PM

For those that know my history, I have some really good news...

I'm gonna be Grandad! My daughter is due in early December and so far (knock on wood) her pregnancy has been routine. :More Q Please:
                        sigpic

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Oct 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by MakoShark View Post
                          For those that know my history, I have some really good news...

I'm gonna be Grandad! My daughter is due in early December and so far (knock on wood) her pregnancy has been routine. :More Q Please:
                          WOW! That is soooo awesome! What a blessing. Didn't your daughter have cancer a while back?

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍