• Show
Clear All
  • Cdn Bolt
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Ontario , Canada
    • Send PM

2022 Draft Depth by Position

FYI Here is my quick study again with each column explained below.

Available : I took the top 96 players (per Draftek rankings and top 3 rounds) and summed them for each position. ie there are 5 RB in the top 96 players

Need : I took at the top needs for each team (Per Draftek - could be up to 5 starter level needs for some teams) and summed them to get the "Need' total for the position. ie If Ne , IND and BUF need an OLB the need total = 3.

Surplus : I then subtracted Available- Need to get a view of the depth for each position.

Looks like most positions have enough depth with RB being in a great surplus this year. In shorter supply are OT and OC. Depends what the draft gives, but we may be better to grab an OT w the 1st then get maybe a DT or ILB in round 2.

draft.png
  • beachcomber
    & ramblin' man
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

so the moral to the story is that there should be a surplus of RBs still on the board post round three.... the same was true for the Critty/wu dai in house mock draft as well.

and could you postulate that you might get better value @OG rather than perhaps having to reach for a tackle or center, on the Oline ??
    RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• Cdn Bolt
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Ontario , Canada
      • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
      so the moral to the story is that there should be a surplus of RBs still on the board post round three.... the same was true for the Critty/wu dai in house mock draft as well.

and could you postulate that you might get better value @OG rather than perhaps having to reach for a tackle or center, on the Oline ??
      I wouldn't mind them taking a RB in 3 even or later w a much higher grade.

Yes I agree on the OG. That may be a need too after reading they haven't & may not resign Oday Aboushi. I see many mocks have us going OT in rnd 1 though.

Comment

• Boltnut
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Thanks Cdn Bolt!

Definitely something to consider.
        Look at those OL positions... especially the OT's.

Comment

• Craig440
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2019
          • Send PM

Thanks for the info. Since I don't follow college ball but love the draft this helps me.

Comment

• powderblueboy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

Brugler said that the 4rth & 5th rounds is the sweet spot for rbs: they'll start coming off the board in those rounds.

Comment

• beachcomber
              & ramblin' man
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Brugler said that the 4rth & 5th rounds is the sweet spot for rbs: they'll start coming off the board in those rounds.
              who do you like for us there.... ?? still a D'Vonte Price guy, who might be there as late as round six ??

rb.jpg

value board top 200 (thehuddlereport.com)
              RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• beachcomber
                & ramblin' man
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

think it might look something like this for us >>

079) James Cook
                123) Dameon Pierce, Kyren Williams, Rachaad White, Jerome Ford, Pierre Strong Jr.
                160) Zamir White, Tyler Badie, Hassan Haskins, Brian Robinson Jr.
                195) Tyler Allgeier, Abram Smith, Ty Chandler, D'Vonte Price
                214) Zonovan Knight
                236) Tyler Goodson, Sincere McCormick, Jerrion Ealy
                254) Kevin Harris, CJ Verdell, Max Borghi, Zander Horvath, Master Teague III

Comment

• gzubeck
                  Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Tucson, AZ
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Cdn Bolt View Post
                  FYI Here is my quick study again with each column explained below.

Available : I took the top 96 players (per Draftek rankings and top 3 rounds) and summed them for each position. ie there are 5 RB in the top 96 players

Need : I took at the top needs for each team (Per Draftek - could be up to 5 starter level needs for some teams) and summed them to get the "Need' total for the position. ie If Ne , IND and BUF need an OLB the need total = 3.

Surplus : I then subtracted Available- Need to get a view of the depth for each position.

Looks like most positions have enough depth with RB being in a great surplus this year. In shorter supply are OT and OC. Depends what the draft gives, but we may be better to grab an OT w the 1st then get maybe a DT or ILB in round 2.

draft.png
                  I don't see it that way. Walker and Hall are a huge notch up from the other RBs.

:wtf:
                  Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Cdn Bolt
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Ontario , Canada
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

I don't see it that way. Walker and Hall are a huge notch up from the other RBs.

:wtf:
                    That may be. But I looked at the top 96 players or 3 rnds . So teams could get a RB in rnds 2 or 3. Actually per Draftek only Hall is a ~ low 1st rnder and there are a bunch that are mid 2ns rnders. Spiller is a 3rd rnder
                    33 Breece Hall Iowa State RB 6'1" 210 JR
                    54 Kenneth Walker III Michigan State RB 5'9" 206 JR
                    55 James Cook Georgia RBC 5'11" 190 SR
                    63 Dameon Pierce Florida RB 5'10" 215 SR
                    93 Isaiah Spiller Texas A&M RB 6'1" 225 JR

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
                      Fluent in Sarcasm
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Iowa
                      • Man of the People
                      • Send PM

So you’re saying there’s gonna be a run on OC’s.

Comment

• Cdn Bolt
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Ontario , Canada
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bearded14YourPleasure View Post
                        So you’re saying there’s gonna be a run on OC’s.
                        The data shows there aren't many available and many have a need for one. I don't think teams needing an OC will reach for a 4th rnder after the top 2 are gone. Likely they will fill the need w day 3 in the draft, cuts or FA.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        😂
                        🥰
                        😘
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😞
                        😡
                        👍