Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
    I don't buy the Weddle trying not to get hurt at all.
    Okay.

Comment

• MakoShark
      Disgruntled
      • Jun 2013
      • North Alabama
      • Send PM

Perhaps its the system? IMO, we don't have the personnel to continue with the 3-4. And I don't need to hear that 'we run a hybrid 3-4 bullshit'! We don't have a true nose to plug the middle and we don't have the middle linebackers to run the system in any form. Put 4 hands in the turf with 2 of them being big ass tackles in the middle. Plug the middle and stretch plays wide.
      sigpic

Comment

• KNSD
        Registered Charger Hater
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

If our CBs were that good, the Chargers would be able to put 9 men in the box. I blame our pathetic cornerbacks!
        Prediction:
        Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
        Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
        Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

• KNSD
          Registered Charger Hater
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Engine Engine Number 420 View Post
          Weddle is trying not to get injured.
          I think he may actually be playing hurt. He's also old, and slow.

Don't give in to the "tyranny of the 'or' " - Maybe not extending Weddle, AND not giving massive contracts to "average at best" players like Butler and Liuget was the way to go?
          Prediction:
          Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
          Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
          Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

• OhioBolt
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
            Anybody, I mean anybody why would we not start or play Carrethers more?

I feel Coach McCoy and maybe the whole culture of the coaching staff is to stay with the veterans.

Can you explain why not Carrethers
            Can you explain why not Perryman over Butler
            Can you explain why Donald Brown is on the roster
            Can you explain why when Jacoby Jones was out and Keenan Allen was averaging less than 5 yards a punt return we didn't activate Herndon

This loyalty to Veterans who are under performing is ridiculous. The young guys yes will make some mistakes, but they have room to grow and improve, the Veteran players are what they are what they are and there is no improvement or upside in playing them.

The way we are playing now what is the worst thing that can happen by playing the younger guys?

Only reason I can think of it makes Teleso look bad that he spent money on these veteran players, piss poor reason for not putting your best players on the field.

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Bell had 71 yards before contact on 21 rushes Monday
              Blown off the ball. Blown off the fucking ball. Wonder what those stats looked like vs Minn.

Comment

• Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

Come on now, I've read on this site is that rush D doesn't count.
                Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                The Wasted Decade is done.
                Build Back Better.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                  Grammar Police
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

We ask our Dlinemen to push up field and give the RB a complimentary reach around as he passes them for a big gain...
                  Go Rivers!

Comment

• Steve
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2013
                    • South Carolina
                    • Meteorologist
                    • Send PM

No one said that run D doesn't count. It is just not the end all be all. And the big problem is that we don't need big slow guys to play run D, we need faster quicker guys who can get penetration and maybe do some pass rushing too.

But the problem is that we have a lot of young players who are not very disciplined, and they aren't getting a lot of it from the vets, because they are just as bad. We have a pretty good talent level in terms of individual ability, but we play like 7 or 8 guys on D because everyone just does their own thing.

It may be time to just dump the whole lot and start over. Robinson, Verrett and Lissemore are the only ones I think have really played consistent and fairly well. The rest of the lot....... not so much.

Comment

• Steve
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • South Carolina
                      • Meteorologist
                      • Send PM

Our run D didn't lose the game. The OL being unable to gain any field position and our inability to even get field goals lost it. It was severly handicapped by missed chances on passing downs on D, especially the rollout pass, when they hadn't completed a pass downfield all game up to that point.

Comment

Working...
                      X