Clear All
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

Coaches worth Keeping

For me, none.

I just watched the Minny game and the Bolts flat out sucked ass. And I don't believe it's the players.
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.
  • Mister Hoarse
    No Sir, I Dont Like It
    • Jun 2013
    • Section 457
    • Migrant Film Worker
    • Send PM

I agree. This team doesn't travel well, and their lack of preparation, even at home, makes for sloppy execution.
    Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
    sigpic

Comment

• Boltaction
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2013
      • Send PM

Fire them all, this team is the worst blocking team I have ever seen, this team was beat by an old slow Michael Vick who can't throw the ball. And this is the worst team in the nfl at returning punts and kickoffs. Fire them all.

Comment

• MakoShark
        Disgruntled
        • Jun 2013
        • North Alabama
        • Send PM

#FireSale??

Gonna clean the entire house? TT goes too? I hear Steve Sarkisian is available.
        sigpic

Comment

• Geezbolt
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Sun Valley, ID
          • Send PM

coachmarkos is worth keeping. I enjoy reading his posts. I do think a hard look should be taken at some of the assistants at the end of the season, even Pagano. I sometimes wonder if his defense is too complicated and players are thinking more than reacting.

Comment

• SDFan
            Woober Goober
            • Jun 2013
            • Dolores, CO
            • Retired
            • Send PM

Don't TT and MM only have 3 year contracts, which would expire after this year? It's looking like another mediocre season and overall regression of this regime and continuing downward trajectory of the team dating back to about year 4 of NOrv. I don't see 1 bright spot in this organization from the top down that gives hope they can turn this around and field a competitive team year after year with any chance of sniffing another Super Bowl.

Since we can't replace the Spani Collective, the Young guns are going to have to rise up in a very dramatic and public way and clean house and start over. And they will have to get it right immediately if they have any hope of getting fans and voters behind any new stadium effort heading for a vote. IMO, this means hiring proven successful GM, scouting department and veteran Head Coach and staff to restore respectability.

Basically we've come full circle back to where we were when Butler and Schottenheimer were brought in to save the franchise
            Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
              Don't TT and MM only have 3 year contracts, which would expire after this year? It's looking like another mediocre season and overall regression of this regime and continuing downward trajectory of the team dating back to about year 4 of NOrv. I don't see 1 bright spot in this organization from the top down that gives hope they can turn this around and field a competitive team year after year with any chance of sniffing another Super Bowl.

Since we can't replace the Spani Collective, the Young guns are going to have to rise up in a very dramatic and public way and clean house and start over. And they will have to get it right immediately if they have any hope of getting fans and voters behind any new stadium effort heading for a vote. IMO, this means hiring proven successful GM, scouting department and veteran Head Coach and staff to restore respectability.

Basically we've come full circle back to where we were when Butler and Schottenheimer were brought in to save the franchise
              McCoy and Telesco both have 4 year contracts. If you believe the UT beat writers, McCoy isn't even on a hot seat yet.

Comment

• KNSD
                Registered Charger Hater
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

It's the players. Teams like Minnesota, Cincinnati, and even Pittsburgh are bad matchups for this team. The Chargers do better against lighter teams.

However, feel free to blame Telesco, McCoy, and Pagano for bringing in these players if you want.... and at the same time.
                Prediction:
                Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
                Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
                Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

• TTK
                  EX-Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • America's Finest City
                  • Send PM

Players need to start executing.

Three dropped INTs versus Vick and two of those should have been pick-sixes.

The game shouldn't have even been close if the players made plays. Don't blame the coaches for that.

Comment

• SDFan
                    Woober Goober
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Dolores, CO
                    • Retired
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by TTK View Post
                    Players need to start executing.

Three dropped INTs versus Vick and two of those should have been pick-sixes.

The game shouldn't have even been close if the players made plays. Don't blame the coaches for that.
                    No offense, but this post could have been written after any loss for probably the last 3+ seasons and been just as relevant. At what point DO you start blaming coaches? When do you blame DL coach Johnson for a DL that underachieved year after year and even 1st and 2nd round draft picks don't develop? When do you blame the constant of Pagano for defenses that never learn how to wrap up and make basic tackles or keep getting gashed up the middle by good and bad runners just the same? Why don't our defensive players learn how to hang onto balls that hit them right in the hands year after year?

IMO, nothing short of total house cleaning on defensive coaching staff gives any hope of improvement into a reliable unit that doesn't play sloppy and uninspired.
                    Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• OhioBolt
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by KNSD View Post
                      It's the players. Teams like Minnesota, Cincinnati, and even Pittsburgh are bad matchups for this team. The Chargers do better against lighter teams.

However, feel free to blame Telesco, McCoy, and Pagano for bringing in these players if you want.... and at the same time.
                      I think we struggled against lighter teams also

We beat the 0-5 Detriot Lions and we trailed them at the end of the 3rd quarter 20-21
                      We beat the 2-3 Cleveland Brown only to beat them on a game ending field goal.

The struggle is real for the whole season
                      The struggle to sign the right players, and drafting the right players, and extend the right player is a struggle too

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

I think Pagano and Reich have to go. McCoy gets another year. We've got to get him some help with good offseason moves in the trenches on both sides of the ball. OL and all defense in this next draft. Rivers can make it work with just about anyone. But he needs a line to make it workand to get value out of Gordon. And he needs a defense that can get stops, get off the field and brings something to the table.
                        Last edited by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR; 10-16-2015, 08:40 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X