• Show
Clear All
  • Bearded14YourPleasure
    Fluent in Sarcasm
    • Jun 2013
    • Iowa
    • Man of the People
    • Send PM

Now that’s the 4th has played out it’s pretty easy to see Woods wasn’t an ‘overdraft’. 4 safeties went between 79 and 123 including big names like Percy Butler and Dane Belton. There is 0% chance JT would have been there at 123.

Comment

• Cdn Bolt
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Ontario , Canada
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

The Bills have holes to fill also especially at OL.
      No they don't actually not sure where you get that. Their OL was relatively set from last year, they lost an OG but brought in Roger Saffold and it wasn't even a draft need. They haven't used 1 pick on an OL in the draft either.
      Last edited by Cdn Bolt; 04-30-2022, 11:18 AM.

Comment

• Cdn Bolt
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2019
        • Ontario , Canada
        • Send PM

They only drafted one safety under Staley before this, and he was a 7th rounder.
        Staley has been here for 1 year so not sure why you limit to just his tenure. They have drafted 6 safeties since 2016. Kyzhir White was a S so like I said every year they seem to bring a S.
        Last edited by Cdn Bolt; 04-30-2022, 11:18 AM.

Comment

• equivocation
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2021
          • Send PM

They drafted him as a starter, he'll have to earn it though.

Line: Bosa-Johnson-SJD-Mack
          Backers: Tranquill-Murray
          Star: James
          Secondary: ASJ-Adderley-Woods-Jackson

He'll compete with Davis for reps when James moves back to deep safety.

Comment

• Steve
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • South Carolina
            • Meteorologist
            • Send PM

You haven't taken a very close look at the Bills salary cap situation then. A lot of their guys are FA next season. That makes it a pretty big need. Just not an immediate need.

Comment

• Xenos
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Cdn Bolt View Post

Staley has been here for 1 year so not sure why you limit to just his tenure. They have drafted 6 safeties since 2016. Kyzhir White was a S
              White was not a S. Phillips and Jenkins were gone by the time Staley was here.

Comment

• Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

I never play the trade-game because you can know if anyone is willing to trade down for standard compensation
                but I hear you, I thought for sure we would trade up to the top of round 3
                It's not Woods fault that Tom reached, so I'll be rooting hard for the kid.
                We do know that the pick (#75) could have been had in a trade because it was had in a trade. Houston traded into that pick and offered less than what our pick offer would have been as we had the better picks in rounds 3 and 5 to offer. The only issue could have been DEN not wanting to trade within the division, but they would have had to sacrifice draft value to not trade within the division.

Comment

• Originally posted by Xenos View Post

What if we didn’t want Jones?
                  We took Ogbonnia, a much lesser version of Travis Jones, so there goes that idea.

Comment

• Cdn Bolt
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Ontario , Canada
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                    You haven't taken a very close look at the Bills salary cap situation then. A lot of their guys are FA next season. That makes it a pretty big need. Just not an immediate need.
                    No one had OL as a draft need for them this year. Maybe perhaps next year if they have trouble w their cap but through 5 rnds they have signed no Ol.

Comment

• Originally posted by ghost View Post

Stills thinks this is a Craig Mager thread.....

Still is clueless.

Comment

• Cdn Bolt
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Ontario , Canada
                        • Send PM

White was not a S. Phillips and Jenkins were gone by the time Staley was here.
                        White was a S in college - they have drafted 5 w out him. I don't care about since Staley was here. Mgmt has drafted a lot of safeties over the recent years. 5 of them. 2 in the last 2 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post
                          I get the disappointment. I had never heard of this guy. If I were running the draft and had stayed at our selection I would have picked Nakobe Dean.

I was initially disappointed, but then I reminded myself that players such as Dean and Travis Jones, both of whom were projected to go much earlier, fell to the third round for a reason. There's no guarantee on any of these guys starting in the NFL or even playing beyond three years.
                          There are never guarantees about any players, but risk can be minimized. We were obviously interested in a big DT as we selected Ogbonnia. The fact remains that we could have had Travis Jones at #75 and we do not have to guess about the original owner of that pick trading it because they did trade and traded it for less than what we would have offered.

When people on our forum complain that we are so close and are only a player or two away, they should remember scenarios like this one where that player or two were lost. That, more than anything, is my point. It is not a knock on Woods as a player. It is a knock on our poor draft strategy.

Comment

Working...
                          X