• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

Main difference between the 2 is vision. Gordon has none.
    I'll think the difference is Spiller will have a better OL. Gordon long speed is better and he has been pretty good in Denver averaging 4.6.YPC and 1904 yards in his 2 seasons there.

Hopefully Spillers style and moves will traslate well to the NFL as he was elusive in college. Look forward to seeing him.
    11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia (plus AZ 2025 1st)
    35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
    37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
    66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
    69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
    100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
    110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
    140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
    181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
    225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

• Bolt Dude
      Draftnik
      • Oct 2020
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I'll think the difference is Spiller will have a better OL. Gordon long speed is better and he has been pretty good in Denver averaging 4.6.YPC and 1904 yards in his 2 seasons there.

Hopefully Spillers style and moves will traslate well to the NFL as he was elusive in college. Look forward to seeing him.
      Spiller has great feet, good hands, good vision, good size, decent burst, and decent contact balance.

I was down on him at first because of his combine, but his positives attributes are the ones that can make a good NFL player. We’ll see. I have no doubts he’ll be better than Roundtree and Kelley. I’d be okay with cutting both those guys and rolling the dice with Leddie Brown or Marks. If nothing else, Horvath may develop into a power back.
      Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
        Spiller seems to be a polarizing pick. My YouTube feed is getting vids made by pundits who either think his success in college is going to transfer well into the NFL or who believe his style is not going to be successful in the NFL. At one time, earlier in his college career, he was considered one of the best RBs in the nation. I'm unsure whether he was the first choice of Telesco/Staley at 123. They may have had their eye on another RB, possibly Zamir White, whom the Raiders picked at No. 122. I don't have anything to back that up really, other than Telesco saying after the draft the board didn't fall they way the had wanted. Of course, if Spiller was not Telesco's first choice, that may turn out to be a positive, given Telesco's RB picks in the previous two drafts appear to be complete and total busts. So if Spiller was not Telesco's first choice (again I have nothing substantial to back that up) he'll probably turn out to be pretty good. :biggrin:
        Ahhh yes, this is the time-proven theorem of inversely proportional optimization. if TT’s desired pick is wrong, then the opposite would be right …

george costanza ladies GIF
        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          Day Tripper
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Gordon is not the horrible back his legend here implies. He ran behind the same epically bad OL’s that everyone understood impaired Rivers. He also was not as good as he thinks he was.
          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• sonorajim
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

The team aspect of Staley's coaching style should pay dividends in run blocking. Year two in Lombardi's offense is going to be harder to defend. Good stuff ahead.

Comment

• powderblueboy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2017
              • Send PM

Spiller seemed to have better long speed in 2020.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                Pretty much retired......
                • Sep 2018
                • JoJa
                • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post
                Spiller seemed to have better long speed in 2020.
                We were all faster when we were younger.

Comment

• Parcells
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

What happened to Justin Jackson? The guy was clearly a better RB than Kelley or Roundtree last year. He’s a reasonable backup to Ekeler if he goes down. He’s still unsigned and I’m sure could be had for cheap.

Comment

• sonorajim
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Parcells View Post
                    What happened to Justin Jackson? The guy was clearly a better RB than Kelley or Roundtree last year. He’s a reasonable backup to Ekeler if he goes down. He’s still unsigned and I’m sure could be had for cheap.
                    " Your best ability is availability" Hurt too often, not available.

Comment

• Xenos
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                        Moderate Skeptic
                        • May 2022
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Gordon is not the horrible back his legend here implies. He ran behind the same epically bad OL’s that everyone understood impaired Rivers. He also was not as good as he thinks he was.
                        Gordon's major flaw was his lack of vision (and no - he wasn't horrible, but he wasn't very bright either). I think Spiller has good vision - he doesn't seem to get hit square very often, sees (feels) openings well and runs to where the defenders aren't:2cents:. We don't need a guy to take it to the house on every play (would be nice). What we need are RB's / OL that can pick up 3 yards on 3rd (or 4th) down even when everyone knows your going to run the ball. Help extend drives, keep Herbie on the field more and the defense off it.

Combine a better running game with Staley's penchant for going for it on 4th down and I see the defenses snap count dropping significantly this year (compared to last year).

Comment

• chargeroo
                          Fan since 1961
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Oregon
                          • Retired Manager/Pastor
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Parcells View Post
                          I probably would have brought him back in spite of the injury bug. He was clearly better than the competition and with Spiller coming in, he'd be the #3 back so his playing time world. d help him stay available. I always think what's the hurry to cut last year's players?
                          THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

Working...
                          X