• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AK47
    Registered Charger Fan
    • May 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
    Yeah mostly I see mediocre run blocking and Spiller not havin an extra gear to the outside.
    Spillers ceiling is that of a running back which takes advantage of being patient, savvy vision, and using his blockers to full potential.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post
      If Ekeler gone, Moore or not, a duel threat Spiller and Kelly are not. Never have been, never will be. Which means all faith will be put on Moore to account and adjust for that. We shall see. A dynamic Herbert passing threat won’t open up the running game at times when the next play is an obvious needed run that everyone in the stadium knows is coming. We’ll see if Moore, the O-line and those running backs improve over last years dismal performance. That is…if the year end running stats move up from 30th to at least 25th.
      Ekeler isnt and won't be gone, Spiller is going to make a big leap, and Kelley is a reliable professional RB if given some blocking. Moore will give his RBs moore blooking, its what he does. Cowboys were #8 in rushing 2022, #9 in 2021. Contrary to pop folklore, they do not have an OL stacked with HOF'ers, they had one pro bowler last year.

fun fact: LAC only had 2 pro bowlers. one is named Derwin James lol.
      Did you know? James made his mark in November, becoming the first defensive back in 30 years and the first player in a decade to have 30 tackles, multiples sacks (2), an interception and a forced fumble (2) in the month. He earned AFC Defensive Player of the Month for his effort.​
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Ekeler isnt and won't be gone, Spiller is going to make a big leap, and Kelley is a reliable professional RB if given some blocking. Moore will give his RBs moore blooking, its what he does. Cowboys were #8 in rushing 2022, #9 in 2021. Contrary to pop folklore, they do not have an OL stacked with HOF'ers, they had one pro bowler last year.

fun fact: LAC only had 2 pro bowlers. one is named Derwin James lol.
        Did you know? James made his mark in November, becoming the first defensive back in 30 years and the first player in a decade to have 30 tackles, multiples sacks (2), an interception and a forced fumble (2) in the month. He earned AFC Defensive Player of the Month for his effort.​
        That can't be right. Reliable PFF says he is 10th best
        11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia (plus AZ 2025 1st)
        35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
        37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
        66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
        69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
        100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
        110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
        140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
        181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
        225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

• Highboltage
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

You can't say PFF without it being followed by WTF!

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
            Outback Goon
            • Sep 2018
            • Australia
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

That can't be right. Reliable PFF says he is 10th best
            who picks player of the month? Players/reporters/fans?

Comment

• blueman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

PFFT!!

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                PFFT!!
                This - Thats how i say it.

Idunno who picks player o’ month - it emanates from the bowels of league offices but I know not their secret cabal rituals.

His Pro bowl selection - thats players and coaches, i think? And its for the full 2022 season. The year some think he didnt come close to earning his contract. I just disagree on that, but i will confess he did not make every possible play.
                “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Eurobolt
                  *** Jim Harbaugh ***
                  • Sep 2018
                  • Send PM

If we talk about player evaluation always TPB > PFF.

Comment

• AK47
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • May 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Highboltage View Post
                    You can't say PFF without it being followed by WTF!
                    PFF, WTF, WCW, WWE, WWF, FTW!!!

Comment

• sonorajim
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post
                      If Ekeler gone, Moore or not, a duel threat Spiller and Kelly are not. Never have been, never will be. Which means all faith will be put on Moore to account and adjust for that. We shall see. A dynamic Herbert passing threat won’t open up the running game at times when the next play is an obvious needed run that everyone in the stadium knows is coming. We’ll see if Moore, the O-line and those running backs improve over last years dismal performance. That is…if the year end running stats move up from 30th to at least 25th.
                      You're making assumptions. We will run the ball effectively is my assumption.
                      Based on improved OL personnel (LT Slater,LG Zion,RG Salyer) improved blocking schemes (Moore), improved offense (Moore).
                      We will be @ avg. 12th - 20th, maybe better. Moore's run offense was @ top 10 in Dallas with Elliot. Ekeler, Kelley, Spiller may surprise.

Comment

• SuperCharged
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Sep 2019
                        • Utah
                        • Midnight Toker
                        • Send PM

We're never going to have an elite running offense when you have a freaking stud QB like Herbert. The offense will go through Herbert. The running game will always be a second option with the Chargers.

That being said if we could just get decent production from Spiller or Ek if he's here. Just decent is all we need to take a little pressure off of Herbert. Again I feel that we will see the emergence of our bellcow back in Spiller. I saw flashes from him enough to make me want to see more.

Comment

• Caslon
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Apr 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharged View Post
                          We're never going to have an elite running offense when you have a freaking stud QB like Herbert. The offense will go through Herbert. The running game will always be a secondary…
                          This is true. I’d rather the slider got some movement towards the “run” side of that slide graph tho. Who wouldn’t? Not me.

Comment

Working...
                          X