• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blueman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Is Ekeler going to show up for the OTAs? He hasn't the past few years.
    Even with the new contract perks, report is no.

Comment

• sonorajim
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Is Ekeler going to show up for the OTAs? He hasn't the past few years.
      My bad. No.

Comment

• Velo
        Ride!
        • Aug 2019
        • Everywhere
        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
        • Send PM

Tyler Allgeier (5-11, 220), drafted a round after Spiller, had a good rookie year for the Falcons in 2022 (210 carries, 4.9 yds per, 3 rushing TDs). I don't believe Spiller will get 200 carries splitting time with Ekeler, but if he can come close to providing the kind of punch Allgeier did as a rookie, it will really elevate the offense. Spiller is a bit larger than Allgeier at 6-1 225.

Comment

• powderblueboy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
          Tyler Allgeier (5-11, 220), drafted a round after Spiller, had a good rookie year for the Falcons in 2022 (210 carries, 4.9 yds per, 3 rushing TDs). I don't believe Spiller will get 200 carries splitting time with Ekeler, but if he can come close to providing the kind of punch Allgeier did as a rookie, it will really elevate the offense. Spiller is a bit larger than Allgeier at 6-1 225.
          BTW, Allgeier is a 4.64 fourty guy

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
            Moderate Skeptic
            • May 2022
            • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

BTW, Allgeier is a 4.64 fourty guy
            Good back . . . . . . . but these are the guys that have a hard time making it to their 2nd contract. They're strong powerful guys, but they take a lot of hits . . . . . . Spillar is probably more of the same. NFL defenders are incredibly quick / fast / strong.

Comment

• Velo
              Ride!
              • Aug 2019
              • Everywhere
              • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

Good back . . . . . . . but these are the guys that have a hard time making it to their 2nd contract. They're strong powerful guys, but they take a lot of hits . . . . . . Spillar is probably more of the same. NFL defenders are incredibly quick / fast / strong.
              To that end: Dalvin Cook. The Vikings are supposedly going to release him, they save $9 mil in cap if they release him after June 1. He'll be 28 this season and he has almost 1,300 carries in six seasons. Last year he had 264 carries for a 4.4 average - the lowest YPC of his career. He scored 8 rushing TDs and two receiving. I've read that the Chargers are a possibility if he becomes a FA. Would you pursue him if he's cut? He would earn $11 mil this season under his Vikings contract.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                Moderate Skeptic
                • May 2022
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

To that end: Dalvin Cook. The Vikings are supposedly going to release him, they save $9 mil in cap if they release him after June 1. He'll be 28 this season and he has almost 1,300 carries in six seasons. Last year he had 264 carries for a 4.4 average - the lowest YPC of his career. He scored 8 rushing TDs and two receiving. I've read that the Chargers are a possibility if he becomes a FA. Would you pursue him if he's cut? He would earn $11 mil this season under his Vikings contract.
                I would most definitely pursue Cook, but we can't pay him anything close to 11 mil. Maybe 5 mil this year and 8 mil next year? I still think this money would be better spent on safety and edge depth though. ATM our RB group looks good enough. Passing is our strength - we only need to run well enough to keep the D honest.

Comment

• sonorajim
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

I would most definitely pursue Cook, but we can't pay him anything close to 11 mil. Maybe 5 mil this year and 8 mil next year? I still think this money would be better spent on safety and edge depth though. ATM our RB group looks good enough. Passing is our strength - we only need to run well enough to keep the D honest.
                  We'll run because it's there for us. Unload the box and spread the field with our receivers, pull their eyes back down with the run.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2022
                    • White Rock, BC Canada
                    • Send PM

Agreed...JJ3 and Floyd or Clowney over Cook

Not that Cook wouldn't be fun

Comment

• Heatmiser
                      HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Cook wants big money. Same as Ekeler. He is a great player and would help this team, but you want to give 10-12M a year to a RB? Because that is what it will take minimum. He is not going to sign for bargain basement I don't think. If he was going to do that, he could just stay in Minny and restructure.

TG
                      Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                        Cook wants big money. Same as Ekeler. He is a great player and would help this team, but you want to give 10-12M a year to a RB? Because that is what it will take minimum. He is not going to sign for bargain basement I don't think. If he was going to do that, he could just stay in Minny and restructure.

TG
                        My guess, Cook will get closer to $5m plus heavy incentives.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Send PM

I would most definitely pursue Cook, but we can't pay him anything close to 11 mil. Maybe 5 mil this year and 8 mil next year? I still think this money would be better spent on safety and edge depth though.
                          Provided those players who would help at areas of need don't demand too much money, more money than the front office is able to afford.

Comment

Working...
                          X