Clear All
  • BoltBacker
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Las Vegas, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post
    I see Arian Foster in his game.
    Arian Foster ran a 4.68, had a good NFL career. 40 time for RB's is overrated. This guy has that burst and wiggle which makes him a great find at this point in the draft. Good receiving ability a bonus.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

In the interest of accuracy, this is not a power back. Spiller says he is the next Joe Mixon. Elite short area quickness. Wait. Vision. Jump hop. Back cut.Plus receiver. Vital piece to steal snaps from the great Austin Ekeler.

TBH I was guessing LAC would count on Kelley giving us a boost with a little Zion now happening,
      or at least give Joshua another year to start really bringing it.

Excellent value here...wu is surprised...pleasantly surprised.
      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2020
        • Oklahoma
        • Send PM

Love the pick, especially with Zion now at RG. Means we can run more power to the right in the 1 & 2 hole. This takes some pressure off RT whoever is there.

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Solid pick...instant upgrade over Kelley and Rountree...this could be the end for Kelley...and Rountree is on the ropes...

Comment

• powderblueboy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • Send PM

By Lance Zierlein NFL Analyst Draft Projection Round 3 NFL Comparison Rashaad Penny Overview Volume-carry running back with good size and talent for starting consideration as a pro. He was slowed, at times, by inconsistent run blocking but was still productive and consistent for much of the 2021 season. He has interior vision and loose hips, allowing him to locate and get to run lanes regardless of traffic. Spiller runs with good elusiveness but stays in that mode a little too long, which can affect his ability to finish with authority. He's a solid back but not overly dynamic and lacks the desired third-down value right now.

Comment

• chargeroo
              Fan since 1961
              • Jan 2019
              • Oregon
              • Retired Manager/Pastor
              • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
              In the interest of accuracy, this is not a power back. Spiller says he is the next Joe Mixon. Elite short area quickness. Wait. Vision. Jump hop. Back cut.Plus receiver. Vital piece to steal snaps from the great Austin Ekeler.

TBH I was guessing LAC would count on Kelley giving us a boost with a little Zion now happening,
              or at least give Joshua another year to start really bringing it.

Excellent value here...wu is surprised...pleasantly surprised.
              I see the same things in Spiller - he's patient to wait for a hole to open and is quick through it when it's there. He's shifty in the open field and I see reason to the think he's faster than his 40 time because I see him run away from people once he's in the open.
              I'm really pleased with this pick.
              THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• equivocation
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2021
                • Send PM

Well third straight year with a dead legged RB but at least I got my pass blocking wish.

For the Chubb comparison, Chubb had a 38.5" vert at 227#. Spiller has a 30" vert. That's like 30% less explosive power in the legs.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                  Draftnik
                  • Oct 2020
                  • Send PM

I’ll say Spiller’s athleticism shows a lot more on tape than testing. A 30” vertical? 4.63 speed? Not the traits you’re looking for in a RB. But he’s shifty, especially in the open field. Seems able to read blocks. Somewhat patient.

I’ll keep my powder blue lenses on for this selection.
                  Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Rambler
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • No Cal
                    • Civil Research Attorney
                    • Send PM

Besides Mixon, I've seen comparisons to Lesean McCoy. Outstanding quickness, no long speed. But our offense has other homerun hitters. We need a first and second down back who can also catch, to keep defenses honest. How many plays were wasted when Kelley couldn't break a soft tackle on an inside run, or Roundtree couldn't catch a simple pass? How many third and shorts became fourth down gambles, because we couldn't gain one yard? Zion and Spiller should change that.

Comment

• Parcells
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

My son pointed out, we've had decent luck taking running backs out of Texas.

Comment

• sonorajim
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Solid. We were going to get a RB, Getting Spiller with pick 123 in the 4th was surprising. Good value, good player.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

I see the same things in Spiller - he's patient to wait for a hole to open and is quick through it when it's there. He's shifty in the open field and I see reason to the think he's faster than his 40 time because I see him run away from people once he's in the open.
                          I'm really pleased with this pick.
                          This is change of pace...a different running style.
                          We do not play modern football.

Comment

Working...
                          X