• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fouts2herbert
    Charger Fan since 1978
    • Sep 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post
    Well third straight year with a dead legged RB but at least I got my pass blocking wish.

For the Chubb comparison, Chubb had a 38.5" vert at 227#. Spiller has a 30" vert. That's like 30% less explosive power in the legs.
    he’s no chubb, he won’t break tackles like chubb, but he has amazing vision and will find holes. He’s not going to have negative rushing plays. I think he is a HUGE improvement from what we have. A complete player and he’ll get a lot of playtime because he can pass protect. A fantastic robin for ekeler’s batman!
    "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Parcells
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

He's not Chubb...which means that in the fourth round we didn't get a guy who is as good as one of the five best running backs in the NFL. Chubb was taken at the top of the second round. For a fourth round pick, this was a solid selection. No go get Calvin Austin or Matt Araiza.

Comment

• Riverwalk
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2021
        • Send PM

Isn’t Spiller an unfortunate name for someone whose job is to not drop things? That’s like drafting a QB named Tom Missed or OL named Barry Whiffs.

Comment

• powderblueboy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post
          Well third straight year with a dead legged RB but at least I got my pass blocking wish.

For the Chubb comparison, Chubb had a 38.5" vert at 227#. Spiller has a 30" vert. That's like 30% less explosive power in the legs.
          I gather the Chargers will use him a lot on 3rd and short, and in the red zone.
          He does have nice vision and patience running over center, and the Chargers do have a nice interior.
          Described as loose limbed to manuever in tight quarters.
          He does have nice receiving and pass blocking skills.

If someone is thinking he'll run over people and break a lot of tackles - ain't happening.
          Nothing special running wide and makes few people miss.

Comment

• Xenos
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bearded14YourPleasure View Post
            More of a Ty Chandler fan personally but I get the pick. He can replace one of the other 2 slow RB on the roster.
            Justin Jackson is gone so we may keep all the other slow RBs also lol.

Comment

• Xenos
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Comment

• Xenos
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Comment

• equivocation
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2021
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

he’s no chubb, he won’t break tackles like chubb, but he has amazing vision and will find holes. He’s not going to have negative rushing plays. I think he is a HUGE improvement from what we have. A complete player and he’ll get a lot of playtime because he can pass protect. A fantastic robin for ekeler’s batman!
                  I do agree with that. With our offense we just need a guy to not screw it up. Spiller is solid in every RB skill, including blocking.

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

Wait until you see him play. He is a power back, in addition to the other attributes you mention. Wait until you see him play.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                      Draftnik
                      • Oct 2020
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post
                      Isn’t Spiller an unfortunate name for someone whose job is to not drop things? That’s like drafting a QB named Tom Missed or OL named Barry Whiffs.
                      Pickett seems like an awful name for a QB. I guess Holderman would be pretty bad for a OT, almost as bad as Fluker.
                      Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• northerner
                        Charger fan since '79
                        • Mar 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post
                        good point, but i would be more worried if his name was Isaiah Buttterfingers.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Old enough to remember Steve Stonebreaker...linebacker.
                          Get comfortable with being uncomfortable.
                          Ben Herbert

Comment

Working...
                          X