• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lefty2SLO
    Moderate Skeptic
    • May 2022
    • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

I probably would have brought him back in spite of the injury bug. He was clearly better than the competition and with Spiller coming in, he'd be the #3 back so his playing time world. d help him stay available. I always think what's the hurry to cut last year's players?
    Did JJ play special teams? I'd think that that function would be THE priority for RB3. In that case Horvath is probably better than JJ / Roundtree / Kelley / etc. Horvath also brings a different dynamic to the position than the others (size, power). I'm looking forward to preseason to see if he can be effective at the pro level.

Comment

• chargeroo
      Fan since 1961
      • Jan 2019
      • Oregon
      • Retired Manager/Pastor
      • Send PM

If Horvath can do the job, he's the bigger back we've been missing. I'm all for that!
      THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• sonorajim
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

I probably would have brought him back in spite of the injury bug. He was clearly better than the competition and with Spiller coming in, he'd be the #3 back so his playing time world. d help him stay available. I always think what's the hurry to cut last year's players?
        JJ was an unrestricted free agent that they decided not to offer a new contract. I believe he is still a FA.

Comment

• SuperCharged
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2019
          • Utah
          • Midnight Toker
          • Send PM

Wasn't a big JJ fan. Injuries and when he ran there was no real burst and usual went down with initial contact. I am really looking forward to Spiller. He's going to be an excellent 1st and 2nd down back. He seemed to find gaps in muddied lanes. Good hands as well so Ek will keep some tread on the tires.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2022
            • Send PM

Yeah, I agree. I've been a fan of Justin Jackson since the win over Pittsburgh in 2018. I was hoping he would be one of those late-round gems at the running back position to complement Rivers and then the successor at quarterback.I think Jackson was capable of being close to the level of Ekeler (just with a different style), but injuries have gotten in the way.

Right now, I see no reason to not bring him back and have him compete with Horvath and Roundtree for the #3 running back spot. Kelley can go play in the USFL or XFL.

Comment

• chargeroo
              Fan since 1961
              • Jan 2019
              • Oregon
              • Retired Manager/Pastor
              • Send PM

I just watched a bunch of tape of Spiller. He has good vision, good moves, and it takes a good clean tackle to bring him down. He just runs through arm tackles and such. I think he'll give us a good #2. His top speed is not what you'd like but it's good enough to get us 20/30 yards now and then.
              THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• sonorajim
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

My son told me that he saw a video of Spiller training with tennis balls that really impressed him with his foot speed.
                Any one else seen that?

Here it is. https://www.star-telegram.com/sports...263294458.html

Comment

• chargeroo
                  Fan since 1961
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Oregon
                  • Retired Manager/Pastor
                  • Send PM

He could turn out to be the best tennis player on the team.
                  THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post
                    My son told me that he saw a video of Spiller training with tennis balls that really impressed him with his foot speed.
                    Any one else seen that?

Here it is. https://www.star-telegram.com/sports...263294458.html
                    He doesnt have to be fast though it would be nice but as long as he has quickness, vision and elusiveness, that works too.

Melvin Gordon wsnt the most elusive RB we ever had. He had trouble juking defenders in the open field. Opposite of LT who would break your ankles lol.
                    11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia (plus AZ 2025 1st)
                    35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
                    37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
                    66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
                    69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
                    100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
                    110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
                    140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
                    181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
                    225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

I see Spiller having a very productive rookie year. You can see his desire to excel.
                      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                      The Wasted Decade is done.
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

• kgbpasha
                        #болтап
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Spiller will score a crucial game-deciding touchdown in this season's Super Bowl.
                        You heard it hear first.

Comment

• blueman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by kgbpasha View Post
                          Spiller will score a crucial game-deciding touchdown in this season's Super Bowl.
                          You heard it hear first.
                          I approve of this post!

Comment

Working...
                          X