Welcome Jamaree Salyer, OL, Georgia (R6, #195)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

These credentials alone make him the favorite over Storm Norton, certainly, but Pipkins too. There's no reason to think Salyer can't be a worthy NFL backup, minimum.
    Yep...now in TC we get to find out how much Pip has really improved...line him up vs. Salyer and let's see who comes out on top...

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bearded14YourPleasure View Post

I know there was some questioning his work ethic, if he interviewed poorly in regards to teams asking about that then I can understand the fall.

Sorry Slayer is already taken by Keenan.
      Yeah i heard but to latter 7? There’s something more there that didnt get out.

oh come on - Salyer … Slayer! We gotta!
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
        Fluent in Sarcasm
        • Jun 2013
        • Iowa
        • Man of the People
        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Yeah i heard but to latter 7? There’s something more there that didnt get out.

oh come on - Salyer … Slayer! We gotta!
        I mean work ethic is a pretty big one for me and I imagine for teams. Especially with the OL you want to know what you are getting out of those guys every single play, one play off and that could be your QB out for the season.

Obviously could have been a lot more to his fall, I was also quite surprised by it. Kellen Diesch is another OT I thought would go round 3-4 and he didn’t even get drafted. Marquis Hayes, OG, Oklahoma also went late 7th and I thought he was a 4th round guy.

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2020
          • Oklahoma
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bearded14YourPleasure View Post

I know there was some questioning his work ethic, if he interviewed poorly in regards to teams asking about that then I can understand the fall.

Sorry Slayer is already taken by Keenan.
          Work ethic and likely doesn't have it between the ears, a month or so back somebody posted a vid of him dry humping an opponet on the ground. That knocked him out of the first 5 rounds for me.

Comment

• WindsorUK
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2013
            • Windsor, U.K.
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Leslie Grossman View Post

Work ethic and likely doesn't have it between the ears, a month or so back somebody posted a vid of him dry humping an opponet on the ground. That knocked him out of the first 5 rounds for me.
            I now can't get that image out of my head.....
            :runaway:

Comment

• RTPbolt
              Charger Fan till the end
              • Jun 2013
              • North Carolina
              • Send PM

Seems like a nice pickup for the price. Not relying on him to be the starting RT or guard but if he shows the work ethic and develops in camp who knows. I think us taking him means unless there is a clear RT that gets cut that just cant be resisted I just dont know if I expect any more signing for OL this year prior to the season start, barring injury. Just seems like we are full up.

Comment

• WindsorUK
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2013
                • Windsor, U.K.
                • Send PM

Okay, after watching 30 minutes of tape, Salyer could certainly be in play for one of the starting guard spots( I almost wrote G spots...but that just seemed wrong....especially after Grossmans dry hump video comment...but I digress...)

He seems to have really strong hands at the point of attack AND he actually looked good pulling.

I'm assuming Zion starts at the other guard spot( on our current roster, regardless of the smoke TT and Staley are blowing, Feiler is our best RT option)

Fisrt time in a while we'll have legitimate batte in camp for starting OL positions. This is getting exciting!

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                  Charger Fan since 1978
                  • Sep 2021
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by escoadam View Post
                  Really like this pick. Could be our new RG or possibly RT.
                  TT says they want Salyer to play inside. They drafted two legit starters at the guard positions. The logical thing would be to kick out feiler to RT. Not only do you improve depth at LG and OT but get the best starting 5 combo by making the move. But for some crazy ass reason they’d rather roll with pipkins and norton at RT? This means a guy like Salyer is riding the bench while fuggin pipkins gets to start? It makes no sense unless pipkins has been john spanos’ baby pet project from day one…If feiler didn’t already have over two, TWO YEARS of starting RT tape for the steelers where he graded higher than he graded for us at LG last year. If moving him over to RT was somehow some kind of crazy ass experiment, then maybe I’d understand them refusing to kick him out to RT, but this? None of this makes sense outside of someone in the FO got their panties in a bunch about making true on a bad pick just to save face…

let’s face it, of the two “personnel” men in the FO, only john has the power to dictate to staley, TT can’t do that…
                  "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Leslie Grossman View Post

I’m glad it was only 5 rounds.
                    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                    The Wasted Decade is done.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Xenos
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Bolt-O can you update my thread title with the right round and #. It should be R6, #195. Can’t edit my own thread title somehow lol.

Comment

• Xenos
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post
                        Okay, after watching 30 minutes of tape, Salyer could certainly be in play for one of the starting guard spots( I almost wrote G spots...but that just seemed wrong....especially after Grossmans dry hump video comment...but I digress...)

He seems to have really strong hands at the point of attack AND he actually looked good pulling.

I'm assuming Zion starts at the other guard spot( on our current roster, regardless of the smoke TT and Staley are blowing, Feiler is our best RT option)

Fisrt time in a while we'll have legitimate batte in camp for starting OL positions. This is getting exciting!
                        I think camp will decide who will be RT.

Comment

• Xenos
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

TT says they want Salyer to play inside. They drafted two legit starters at the guard positions. The logical thing would be to kick out feiler to RT. Not only do you improve depth at LG and OT but get the best starting 5 combo by making the move. But for some crazy ass reason they’d rather roll with pipkins and norton at RT? This means a guy like Salyer is riding the bench while fuggin pipkins gets to start? It makes no sense unless pipkins has been john spanos’ baby pet project from day one…If feiler didn’t already have over two, TWO YEARS of starting RT tape for the steelers where he graded higher than he graded for us at LG last year. If moving him over to RT was somehow some kind of crazy ass experiment, then maybe I’d understand them refusing to kick him out to RT, but this? None of this makes sense outside of someone in the FO got their panties in a bunch about making true on a bad pick just to save face…

let’s face it, of the two “personnel” men in the FO, only john has the power to dictate to staley, TT can’t do that…
                          I think they all really like the left side of the OL and want to leave it alone. The ideal situation is to have an active RT competition in camp with Feiler involved. Don’t just give it to Pipkins. Though I still think we get another FA vet after the draft. We need competition in order for people to improve.

Comment

Working...
                          X