• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beachcomber
    & ramblin' man
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

looking over the other teams, would say that the Ravens came closest to running the table, and w/the Pack and Jets doing very well, not too far behind them....

2022 NFL Draft: Final quick-snap grades for all 32 teams

teams that am curious as to how their draft might turn out, aka seems there are some ?s to their haul.... Bills, Commas, Bucs, Colts, and Falcons ?? ??

some drafts left a lot to be desired, but also seemed like quite a few teams did well for themselves, namely the Lions, Pats, Minny, Giants, Texans and Steelers.

specifically will be watching in Atlanta as to how Drake London and DeAngelo Malone fare, and ditto in N'awlins for Penning and D'Marco Jackson ??

also woulda gone Cross instead of Sauce in NY, and the Ravens hit on a very high percentage of their picks, and they had 11 of them to boot.

in GBay would not have traded up in the second, and woulda instead gone Nakobe and Raimann there.

ps. will also add that outside of Zion, and after looking over the other teams drafts, that our haul seemed rather unremarkable 79 and thereafter....
    RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• Tbone33101
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Aug 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by KrazyLegs View Post
      I'll abstain. I don't really see the value in grading a draft before anyone has played a down — especially after the world buried the Chargers two years ago for "reaching" on Herbert,
      My feelings exactly, drafts can’t be graded yet. It’s amazing to here people calling TT stupid for not trading up for their guy. Maybe just maybe it wasn’t Staley/TT’s guy? Let’s see how it plays out and then evaluate. I will admit I wasn’t that high on Herbert and now I can’t imagine the team without him.

Comment

• electricgold
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2020
        • Send PM

I grade this draft: ?

This for sure is TT & Staley's team and their picks! The great thing about this season is everything will be come down to the results meaning if we don't make the playoffs, changes will be made.

This team seems good enough to make the playoffs. IF TT is comfortable risking his career on Pipkins and Storm playing RT, thats on him.

No LB's, RT, or EDGE additions may come back to be an issue, or it may not? At this point good coaching is what is needed for a playoff run. Fingers crossed Staley really is a good coach... We are going to find out soon. Have a great off season everyone.

Comment

• Grinners
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Get exclusive access to the Los Angeles Chargers final team meeting to hear what head coach Brandon Staley said to his team after their loss in the last game...

Comment

• Grinners
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

This Defense is what he is trying to fix and installing the Running game.

Signup to Bounty Sports today at https://bountysports.com/sign-up/QUxFWDU= and use referral code ALEX5 to receive a FREE $5 credit, no deposit necessary! Bou...

Comment

• Riverwalk
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2021
              • Send PM

For those that lowered their draft grade because we didn’t draft an edge……..duh…we used the 2nd round pick for an edge.

I look at the whole picture which includes FA, not just the draft. The offensive and defensive lines have been massively upgraded. DB’s massively upgraded. Special teams…massively upgraded. RB…check. Retaining MW….smart!

With the exception of two years ago when they drafted Herbert….this offseason represents the biggest upgrade season over season the Chargers have had in a couple decades.

so it’s an A+ when you look at it that way.

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
                Fluent in Sarcasm
                • Jun 2013
                • Iowa
                • Man of the People
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post
                For those that lowered their draft grade because we didn’t draft an edge……..duh…we used the 2nd round pick for an edge.

I look at the whole picture which includes FA, not just the draft. The offensive and defensive lines have been massively upgraded. DB’s massively upgraded. Special teams…massively upgraded. RB…check. Retaining MW….smart!

With the exception of two years ago when they drafted Herbert….this offseason represents the biggest upgrade season over season the Chargers have had in a couple decades.

so it’s an A+ when you look at it that way.
                If I include FA and trading for Mack my grade doesn’t change, we STILL don’t have a proven EDGE3 and have 5 total bodies at the position (one from CFL and one that was on PS last year). Considering Staley has spoken about what a premium position he considers that to be I find the lack of improvement in that area alarming. Yes we gained Mack, awesome, but we lost Nwosu and Fackrell. The starting EDGEs are obviously better but if something happens to either of them then we are significantly worse at the position compared to last year.

Comment

• blueman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Grinners View Post
                  This Defense is what he is trying to fix and installing the Running game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHO9nLIYOD4
                  This. Hope it works.

Comment

• Riverwalk
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2021
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bearded14YourPleasure View Post

If I include FA and trading for Mack my grade doesn’t change, we STILL don’t have a proven EDGE3 and have 5 total bodies at the position (one from CFL and one that was on PS last year). Considering Staley has spoken about what a premium position he considers that to be I find the lack of improvement in that area alarming. Yes we gained Mack, awesome, but we lost Nwosu and Fackrell. The starting EDGEs are obviously better but if something happens to either of them then we are significantly worse at the position compared to last year.
                    You say the starting edge’s have been improved while you foam over the “lack of improvement”.

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
                      Fluent in Sarcasm
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Iowa
                      • Man of the People
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

You say the starting edge’s have been improved while you foam over the “lack of improvement”.
                      Because I’m sick of seeing Bosa gassed in the 4th quarter when he’s needed the most because he can’t come off the field. If you think Bosa and Mack are going to play 90% of snaps then I guess you don’t care about depth, but that’s unrealistic. Go watch the Texans game from last year if you think EDGE depth isn’t important.

Comment

• Critty
                        Dominate the Day.
                        • Mar 2019
                        • Send PM

Real grade is TBD. Have to see how they all work out over next few seasons.

Initial/temporary grades

Z.Johnson seems to be an A pick as he should be a solid plug and play starter at OG. Consensus pre draft was Zion is a top 2 player at his position. And some of those that had him #1 OG said he was the best OG prospect since 2018 Q.Nelson. Hope they are right.

Woods is a B as he look to be an upgrade over Gilman and Webb. He has enough versatility to play some CB and slot, plus great speed to cover ground over the top as a single high. Plus Adderley is in final year of his deal, so this may have been a replacement for Adderley pick. If that what this end up being and he is starter in 2023 then this could become an A pick. Adderley was not a Staley pick and I don't see them shelling out any big deal to keep him. That money needs to be spent on a JH10 extension.

Spiller is a C+ as he was rated a top 5 back on many boards. So to get him in Rd4 is a bit of a steal. I think Spiller lack of elite burst and breakaway speed is why he fell but he seems to make up for that lack of burst with great vision and feel running behind block. Looks to be a Josh Kelley talent but see the holes better and catches it a bit better out of backfield.

Otito is a B as he is a good scheme fit. He has the size and strength required to do his job. And I think that all Staley wanted from this pick. A big strong line of scrimmage player who can hold the point of attack vs double team and reset the line of scrimmage, and push a single block Into QB lap.

Sayler is a C+ as he was rated higher than where he was picked.
                        An SEC OL is a good bet. Think there are concerns about staying healthy. He gives the team some solid IOL depth.

Taylor and Leonard are both C.
                        Depth at CB was needed. This adds competition to that group and can help special teams depth as well.

Horvath is a C. Another player who can play on special teams. They only will keep 1FB. So this pick creates good competition for a roster spot.

Overall initial grade B. TBD if this goes up or down per results.

:2cents:
                        Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Riverwalk
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2021
                          • Send PM

w
                          Originally posted by Bearded14YourPleasure View Post

Because I’m sick of seeing Bosa gassed in the 4th quarter when he’s needed the most because he can’t come off the field. If you think Bosa and Mack are going to play 90% of snaps then I guess you don’t care about depth, but that’s unrealistic. Go watch the Texans game from last year if you think EDGE depth isn’t important.
                          We have two premier starters at edge. Last year only one. That IS an upgrade.

sure, we would all like 4 all pro edge players, but with the draft they went for positions where we didn’t have two all pro starters. Edge is loaded with more talent than most positions on the team.

and we have 3 other edge players so Bosa and Mack won’t be playing 90% of snaps. When Bosa or Mack are out they could run a DB blitz and be just as effective with pressure.

Comment

Working...
                          X