• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OhioBolt
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Roster Change

1. The Return game is pathetic it is time, past time to activate Herndon. Jacoby Jones can go on the Inactive list with Donald Brown

2. It is time for Perryman to start when Teo comes back Butler can go to the Bench

3. It is time to make Patrick Robinson the starter at CB and move Flowers to the Nickel/Slot position and if Flower can't make it there, then Derrick Cox his ass at the end of the season

4. Chris Watt when he returns healthy he will be put on notice,

1 & 2 need to happen immediattely

3 I say after next week if we don't see anything different from Flowers its bust a move time

4. Hopefully Chris Watt is view tape while he is getting healthy to see what he can do to improve his game
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

BO is our starting RB. He earned it with his play.

I'm putting Gordon on the bench. In Siberia. He earned it with his play.
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

• RollingThunder
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Flowers, Watt and Butler need to be shipped out or cut. They are all worse than our backups.

Teo and Perryman are our future at LB. Want to see how well they play together.

Comment

• OhioBolt
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
        BO is our starting RB. He earned it with his play.

I'm putting Gordon on the bench. In Siberia. He earned it with his play.

I am going to play Gordon like we played Ryan Mathews he will have to play his way to more playing time.

As I said in the other post Melvin Gordon=Ryan Mathews

1. traded up to get them
        2. they both fumble
        3. they can't pass protect
        4. they are talented but can't put it all together

Gordon get some lead way as a rookie, but he needs to turn it around quick, because when your legacy is compared to that of Ryan Mathews you really don't have a legacy

Comment

• Steve
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • South Carolina
          • Meteorologist
          • Send PM

Watts problem is that he is not healthy. You can see it in his stance. He was only out there because we were so thin.

Flowers has not been the same player since he signed his extension. Robinson is playing the best football of his career.

Perryman was pretty impressive. He was dreadful in preseason and the 1st couple of weeks, but he has been getting better, and with the exception of the big slip play that lead to the last GB TD, he was solid in both coverage and run support. The only issue I have is that with a blatantly as the Packers RT was grabbing and holding our edge rushers (And on every single play too), we should have used him as an inside rusher more.

I don't mind the fact that Jones hasn't broken a long return yet. I mind that his decision making is just awful. I know our ST is not as good as it has been, with so many new players, but he keeps returning balls from deep in the endzone. He also keep retreating on punt returns. You NEVER do either of those things. NEVER. I don't see the point in putting him on the inactive list. Just cut him. The whole point of keeping a guy like Jones is to have someone who may not be as spectacular, but isn't going to be stupid, and that is the opposite of what he is giving us. He was never going to help much as a receiver, and we knew that. But if he can't contribute as a return guy, he is waste of a roster spot. I don't like Herdon as much as a lot of people, but he won't be any worse than Jones and might be a whole lot better. He certainly has more upside.

Comment

• Formula 21
            The Future is Now
            • Jun 2013
            • Republic of San Diego
            • Send PM

Concur on Jones. He's done. Get a young guy in here.
            Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
            The Wasted Decade is done.
            Build Back Better.

Comment

• Steve
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • South Carolina
              • Meteorologist
              • Send PM

Originally posted by OhioBolt View Post
              I am going to play Gordon like we played Ryan Mathews he will have to play his way to more playing time.

As I said in the other post Melvin Gordon=Ryan Mathews

1. traded up to get them
              2. they both fumble
              3. they can't pass protect
              4. they are talented but can't put it all together

Gordon get some lead way as a rookie, but he needs to turn it around quick, because when your legacy is compared to that of Ryan Mathews you really don't have a legacy
              A lot of rookies do that. It isn't unusual.

We need an OL who can start to run block some. It doesn't matter who our RB is, they aren't going to get enough yards to sustain a running game until the blocking gets better. Teams are stacking the line, giving us a great look, but it is man on man, and we lose too many matchups. Pitt spent most of the game in a 6 gap look, and GB used that a lot too. We will keep seeing it until we can find a way to block it well enough to run teams out of it. GB stopped using it more because the pass protection improved, but we aren't going to see the number decrease till we can get them blocked.

Comment

• KNSD
                Registered Charger Hater
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Only good thing about Jones returning kicks is that Keenan Allen isn't.
                Prediction:
                Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
                Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
                Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

• Steve
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • South Carolina
                  • Meteorologist
                  • Send PM

But also not much incentive to keep him, it if Herdon is available.

Comment

• KNSD
                    Registered Charger Hater
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

I'd rather see Herndon in there as well.
                    Prediction:
                    Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
                    Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
                    Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Hire Mike Tyson as punt returner. He may only get one run before being suspended for life, but at least he'll take a few Raiders with him.
                      The following week, hire Chuck Norris, then The Rock Obama.
                      Eventually the rest of the league will catch up to us with the injury count.

Comment

• TTK
                        EX-Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • America's Finest City
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by OhioBolt View Post
                        1. The Return game is pathetic it is time, past time to activate Herndon. Jacoby Jones can go on the Inactive list with Donald Brown

2. It is time for Perryman to start when Teo comes back Butler can go to the Bench

3. It is time to make Patrick Robinson the starter at CB and move Flowers to the Nickel/Slot position and if Flower can't make it there, then Derrick Cox his ass at the end of the season

4. Chris Watt when he returns healthy he will be put on notice,

1 & 2 need to happen immediattely

3 I say after next week if we don't see anything different from Flowers its bust a move time

4. Hopefully Chris Watt is view tape while he is getting healthy to see what he can do to improve his game
                        Couldn't agree with this more.

Comment

Working...
                        X