• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • homeless simpson
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Why is it that with woodhead and Oliver there seems to be more plays (screens, dumpoffs etc.) but with Gordon it's 90% handoff from shotgun? There aren't even any pitches, misdirection, heavy power formations ( extra linemen instead of the very rare occasions we use Johnson as a FB) to be fair we haven't done some of these even when Whiz was here.

Comment

• KNSD
      Registered Charger Hater
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Gordon doesn't have the same skill set at Oliver/Woodhead.

Oliver's pass blocking has improved over last year - he goes to the right spot - but he still whiffs. Woodhead is nails. Gordon doesn't know where to go.

If/when Gordon pass blocks like Woodhead, he'll be in the game much more often.
      Prediction:
      Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
      Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
      Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
        BO is our starting RB. He earned it with his play.

I'm putting Gordon on the bench. In Siberia. He earned it with his play.
        Yep. We can't run anyway with that OL. No reason to waste Gordon's talent and not a bad idea to make him earn his playing time going forward. I was very pleased to see McCoy wasn't the milquetoast and benched his ass for laying the ball on the ground twice. No free rides here, not even for #1 picks.

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
          I don't mind the fact that Jones hasn't broken a long return yet. I mind that his decision making is just awful. I know our ST is not as good as it has been, with so many new players, but he keeps returning balls from deep in the endzone. He also keep retreating on punt returns. You NEVER do either of those things. NEVER. I don't see the point in putting him on the inactive list. Just cut him. The whole point of keeping a guy like Jones is to have someone who may not be as spectacular, but isn't going to be stupid, and that is the opposite of what he is giving us. He was never going to help much as a receiver, and we knew that. But if he can't contribute as a return guy, he is waste of a roster spot. I don't like Herdon as much as a lot of people, but he won't be any worse than Jones and might be a whole lot better. He certainly has more upside.
          Agree 100%. I don't care whether the guy is going to be Dante Hall. I just want him to do no harm and keep KA and BO out of the return game. But right now he's just a waste of a spot. Cut his ass.

Comment

• KNSD
            Registered Charger Hater
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

I lol'd:

Retweeted matthew stanley (@boltfanindenver):
            Jacoby Jones, still less effective than fair catches
            Prediction:
            Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
            Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
            Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡
            👍