• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blueman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

Teams' defenses have adapted and put a wrench at Tyreek Hill or other fast players like him. You don't need to have the speedsters, you just need players who are just fast enough.

Really? I thought KC was in the AFCCG with a suspect Oline, a weakened D, and Hill. Wonder who made those dang plays anyway?

Comment

• Velo
      Ride!
      • Aug 2019
      • Everywhere
      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
      • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

Teams' defenses have adapted and put a wrench at Tyreek Hill or other fast players like him. You don't need to have the speedsters, you just need players who are just fast enough.

This is my assessment too. The ability to get open and dominate at the point of catch are more important than pure speed IMO.

Comment

• eaterfan
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2020
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
        I worry a bit about all of KA's drops last year + age and if we are about to see a sudden decline from him. Hopefully it was just a flukey year from him. Still wish we had a true speed guy but the WR corps is overall fine as it is.
        Drops aren't really consistent from year to year. I expect them to go down to normal. Also, look at the drops leaderboard each year and you'll see it's full of the best WRs in the league. In general, the hard part is getting open and getting the ball thrown to you. If you get open 25% more often than the next guy and drop 10% of your passes the team is still better off anyway.

I was a big proponent of getting a WR at 17 if one fell. This team could use a speed element and/or YAC guy who is better than Guyton. But if a potential impact future #1 WR wasn't there then it's not worth it.

This is a very good group of WRs. It's good enough to win the SB with, but if it could be improved I'm not against it. I just don't see what's available out there for cheap at this point as being better than Palmer and Guyton.

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
          • Send PM

Is Jalen Guyton poised for a breakout season in 2022? This guy thinks so.

One of the hardest things to account for in any given NFL season is the progression or regression of a player. Development is rarely linear, so it's not as if the previous season ends and everyone is suddenly better on day one of the next season...

Guyton, an undrafted free agent from North Texas in 2019, is knocking at the door of a breakout. He's quickly established himself as a premier part-time player, averaging 16.3 yards per catch between 2020 and 2021. The growth as a reliable receiver increased in year three, though, as he caught 64.6 percent of targets compared to 50.9 percent in 2020.

The 6'1", 212-pound burner should benefit from the Chargers' continued investment into the offensive line. Giving Justin Herbert more time to throw with more receivers on the field is one way to increase the upside to the offense. Guyton is primed to be a featured piece in this offense if given the opportunity.

Comment

• blueman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Doesn’t really base it on anything. Chain, is that you??

Comment

• sonorajim
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
              9-8, no playoffs, Herbie with the ball in his hands and??? Where’s the fucking TD?? Blame Herbie? I hear some blaming the OL but fucking Superman Herbie doesn’t need OL, he fucking invented scrambling.

Our WR made their bread and butter on third and long, which is great in one sense but sucky we needed them for that. Maybe a better run game unleashes them for scoring, I dunno. The league is built for two minutes left, hot QB has the ball looking to score…and if we ain’t getting it done then there’s something to be addressed, not ignored. Running game upgraded, check. Parham back healthy, Everett on board, check. Palmer second year confidence, check. Lombardi second year, check. Lots of good signs, but - it’s really gonna suck if we go .500 in close games this season, better D and run game and all. Because the part of the team that HAS to win those games, that HAS to go Kupp on the other team, we did nothing to improve.

All the shit that happens in a game, every game good and bad, and it will still come down to 120 seconds most games. Do we have it?

Last game: OT, both teams are spent, our D - our sucky, maligned, soon to be rebuilt D - holds LV to a FG, gifting our top 5 O the opportunity to vault us into the playoffs in Staley’s rookie season. And they fizzle. Spent? Sure, but so were the Raiders, and they - the effing Raiders secondary - kept us out of the end zone. I hope Staley’s right, and our WR corps is fine. I hope a top rookie OG rights those wrongs, a much improved D and running game obliterates the W/Ls. I hope. I’ll believe it when I see it.
              Better blocking, improved run game, MUCH better D really should impact W / L.
              I agree, seeing is believing.
              Go Bolts!

Comment

• foreigner
                Tom Telesco is gone
                • Sep 2013
                • Send PM

We need T-Billy back....

Comment

• blueman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by foreigner View Post
                  We need T-Billy back....
                  Why do I think Woods would make an excellent T-Billy 2.0? Run fast, catch ball.

Comment

• 21&500
                    Bolt Spit-Baller
                    • Sep 2018
                    • A Whale's Vajayjay
                    • CMB refugee
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Why do I think Woods would make an excellent T-Billy 2.0? Run fast, catch ball.
                    Awesome gadget play in an emergency situation or hail mary.
                    I always just assume DBs can't catch but that would be nice to see.
                    Gimmie Bower Power!!

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                      French Speaking Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Québec city
                      • Send PM

I just saw again last year CLE and PIT games.
                      J. Guyton was not bad at all !

Comment

• eaterfan
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2020
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by foreigner View Post
                        We need T-Billy back....
                        Jalen Guyton had 9 individual games last season with more yards than T Billy had all year.

Comment

• RobH
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Tokyo, Japan
                          • University English Lecturer
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Awesome gadget play in an emergency situation or hail mary.
                          I always just assume DBs can't catch but that would be nice to see.
                          What do you mean DBs can’t catch? Don’t you remember Jammer and his ever so soft hands? :shock:

Comment

Working...
                          X