• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hadl2Alworth
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2017
    • Send PM

Our WR's

At this moment we have the following WR's on our roster...

Michael Williams
    Keenan Allen
    Jason Moore, Jr.
    Joe Reed
    Jalen Guyton
    Michael Bandy
    Joshua Palmer
    Maurice Ffrench
    Deandre Carter

If anyone has any knowledge on Moore, Reed, Bandy, Ffrench, or Carter please tell us here. Right now I just see a bunch of guys after Williams and Allen. Guyton is okay but would anyone want him playing full-time in the event of an injury to either of our two starters? Then there's Palmer. Palmer seems to be more of a possession WR. Do any of these guys have elite speed? I ask because we seem to be making a run at the playoffs this season. Yet I got to ask if this WR group is sufficient enough to get us there. Is it? I don't see it. Supposedly we play in a passing league so wouldn't you want/need high quality WRs for a playoff run? Certainly more than two given injuries over a long season...Yes? I could be missing something here. So I'm asking for help from you all. What am I not seeing?
  • Xenos
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

You can only do so much with the resources at your disposal. An injury to Slater and Linsley can also derail our SB hopes this year.

Comment

• blueman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Looking for a very much better year from Palmer, I think the confidence boost being a year in the system will pay dividends for us.

Moore is a big MWill type, not sure what to expect from him but he likely will see some snaps if Allen or MWill miss any time.

Guyton is Guyton and Carter is Carter and neither should be starting. The rest are meh. But also young, let’s see what another TC for them yields.

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2017
        • Send PM

I would love to see Palmer catch some deep balls this season. If he can show that then maybe we got something. I still remember that one deep ball last year that he appeared to have possession of but let it get stripped by the defender. Hopefully he can put that behind him. He's a good kid and a hard worker from what I read so...

Comment

• RTPbolt
          Charger Fan till the end
          • Jun 2013
          • North Carolina
          • Send PM

Herbert was 2nd in yards with that same crew of likely to play wrs….im not really worried. But you know who is worried? Opposing dbs.

we had much larger corrections to make this year and keeping Williams really was an important move. I expect maybe next year we pick up another wr with Allen getting near his end of likely time playing.

Comment

• MagicMamba88
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Sep 2019
            • Send PM

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by RTPbolt View Post
              Herbert was 2nd in yards with that same crew of likely to play wrs….im not really worried. But you know who is worried? Opposing dbs.

we had much larger corrections to make this year and keeping Williams really was an important move. I expect maybe next year we pick up another wr with Allen getting near his end of likely time playing.
              If Williams and Allen stay healthy the whole way this coming season as they were for much of last season I would agree that there's nothing to worry about. But should we count on that?

Comment

• Bolts4ever213
                Day One...
                • Mar 2019
                • Brentwood, 94513
                • Send PM

I really feel Palmer is going to continue to grow with Herbert. If they continue to stay after practice working on timing, they will show us how good they can be.

Comment

Originally posted by Hadl2Alworth View Post
                  At this moment we have the following WR's on our roster...

Michael Williams
                  Keenan Allen
                  Jason Moore, Jr.
                  Joe Reed
                  Jalen Guyton
                  Michael Bandy
                  Joshua Palmer
                  Maurice Ffrench
                  Deandre Carter

If anyone has any knowledge on Moore, Reed, Bandy, Ffrench, or Carter please tell us here. Right now I just see a bunch of guys after Williams and Allen. Guyton is okay but would anyone want him playing full-time in the event of an injury to either of our two starters? Then there's Palmer. Palmer seems to be more of a possession WR. Do any of these guys have elite speed? I ask because we seem to be making a run at the playoffs this season. Yet I got to ask if this WR group is sufficient enough to get us there. Is it? I don't see it. Supposedly we play in a passing league so wouldn't you want/need high quality WRs for a playoff run? Certainly more than two given injuries over a long season...Yes? I could be missing something here. So I'm asking for help from you all. What am I not seeing?
                  Ffrench runs a 4.4 40 and was a projected round 4/5 draft pick in 2020 but went undrafted. He signed as an UDFA with KC, but was let go. He runs well with the ball and has some experience as a return man from his college days. I kind of like his traits as a player, but if we only keep 5 WRs on the 53 man roster, it will be tough for him to take a spot.

Joe Reed has some appeal as he has some return man ability and might be able to handle some RB carries as a change of pace. Reed runs a very respectable 4.47. That said, Reed has not emerged so far as much of a receiver for us for whatever reason even though he has some some physical gifts.

Carter is the return man we signed from WAS this offseason. Unlike Roberts last year, and despite being small, Carter plays some WR snaps during games and he had over 40 targets last year. Carter ran a 4.48 at the combine and 4.44 at his pro day. He also produced a 1.45 10 yard split, making him very, very quick from a dead stop.

Bandy is a slow slot possession receiver (4.62) with not a great deal of athletic talent in NFL WR terms.

Moore is a big bodied, but slower WR (4.57).

Guyton and Palmer are legitimate NFL reserves and Guyton did play over 900 snaps in 2020 when we had injuries to Williams and/or Allen. Guyton is the clear #3 WR in terms of snap count (155 more than Palmer last year). Guyton is also the team's fastest WR as he runs in the 4.3s. He is particularly good in the deep passing game with Herbert and has good contact balance.

Palmer is a solid and well rounded reserve WR and a better route runner than Guyton overall. He is not totally slow (4.51). He is decent at several things, but does not really excel at anything. He faired better in the deep passing game in college than he did last year as two deep balls that Palmer could have made a play on turned into INTs.

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2017
                    • Send PM

Great report, Crusher!

Thank you

Comment

• Craig440
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Apr 2019
                      • Send PM

I felt like I saw some improvement from Guyton last year from the year before in his route running. Deep he is pretty good and when on the field they better cover him deep opening up others.

oh and some improvement in his drops form 2020 to 2021

Comment

• sonorajim
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Hadl2Alworth View Post

If Williams and Allen stay healthy the whole way this coming season as they were for much of last season I would agree that there's nothing to worry about. But should we count on that?
                        We always want depth at every position and hope we don't need it.
                        Ekeler is our #3 receiver production. TEs Everett, Parham, McKitty will contribute.
                        Palmer & Guyton are not KA & MW but aren't too shabby. Carter is good for an occasional play..
                        Moore was a college TD machine, hasn't seen the field much with LAC.
                        Ffrench, Bandy, Reed, Bradford ?

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        😂
                        🥰
                        😘
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😞
                        😡