• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

That is interesting, but it is all about the price.
    What if Bradberry is released by the Giants - does another CB move up the chart over say RT, Edge or DL depth?

Granted, for one James Bradberry- can probably fill multiple depth roles for cheaper

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
      Charger Fan since 1978
      • Sep 2021
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

That is interesting, but it is all about the price.
      Normally on 1 year deal I would say he’d cost around 7-9 million but he’s coming off of an injury so he’s looking at a lower deal with incentives. It’s hard to say how much he would cost because edge players tend to be expensive…

last year the ravens got a veteran for 2.5 but it was the reduced salary cap edition, the steelers gave melvin ingram 4.5 again it was a weird offseason last year because of the cap. It’s rumored they might be looking at fackrell 2.0 AKA morgan fox, if that’s turns out to be true then the deal will be cheap, probably bet minimum like it was for fackrell. Hopefully they want more from their Edge3 this year than they got last year…but that costs money…
      "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Chargers8491
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2022
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

LOL, I’m baffled by the obsession so many charger fans have with WR, just completely baffled. Herbert is breaking every record in charger history passing for 5k yards throwing most TDs in charger history etc… And for some fuggin reason charger fans are convinced our WR room is not good enough and that we’re missing something, what am I missing here?!

I just don’t understand that mess…
        I'm baffled as well. Staley mentioned that WR core is the most complete unit right now and the are very happy with the group. It isn't a high priority for them.
        1- #11 Bowers TE 7a- #225 Boyd DT
        2a- #33 Cooper LB 7b- #253 Vidal RB
        2b- #37 Fiske DT
        3a- #66 Puni OT
        3b- #69 Sainristill CB
        4a- #105 Rice WR
        4b- #110 Lloyd RB
        5- #140 Green CB
        6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• eaterfan
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2020
          • Send PM

LOL, I’m baffled by the obsession so many charger fans have with WR, just completely baffled. Herbert is breaking every record in charger history passing for 5k yards throwing most TDs in charger history etc… And for some fuggin reason charger fans are convinced our WR room is not good enough and that we’re missing something, what am I missing here?!

I watch Joe Burrow get mentioned in the same breath as Herbert... He's not on the same level of QB Herbert is, but he has three great wide receivers. Having a 3rd will take the offense to another level.

This isn't to say anyone would be an improvement, but I wanted a WR in the draft if we could pick up Williams or Olave in the 1st or Austin in the 4th. They would have brought something special to this offense. I don't think any FA WR at this point would bring enough that it's worth the money.

Also, a FA WR is a priority behind edge 3 and RT.
          Last edited by eaterfan; 05-03-2022, 01:25 PM.

Comment

• Velo
            Ride!
            • Aug 2019
            • Everywhere
            • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
            • Send PM

I'm with you 100 percent. I chalk it up the "grass is always greener" syndrome. In most cases the grass is not actually greener, and this is one of those cases because from top to bottom, the Chargers have one of the deepest, if not the deepest, WR corps in the league. At the top, the Chargers have not one but two WRs in the top 12. No other team had this 2021. Twenty-one of the 32 teams in the league don't have a WR as good as Keenan Allen or Mike Williams. The results speak for themselves - the Chargers had the No. 2 passing offense in the league last season, and that with a 2nd year QB in a new system with new OC and a first-time head coach. Adding another stud WR isn't going to vastly improve an offense that is already loaded. The needs and priorities are elsewhere.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Normally on 1 year deal I would say he’d cost around 7-9 million but he’s coming off of an injury so he’s looking at a lower deal with incentives. It’s hard to say how much he would cost because edge players tend to be expensive…

last year the ravens got a veteran for 2.5 but it was the reduced salary cap edition, the steelers gave melvin ingram 4.5 again it was a weird offseason last year because of the cap. It’s rumored they might be looking at fackrell 2.0 AKA morgan fox, if that’s turns out to be true then the deal will be cheap, probably bet minimum like it was for fackrell. Hopefully they want more from their Edge3 this year than they got last year…but that costs money…
              Good point about Fox being cheap. But this time of the year you are getting a veteran player like JPP, Hughes, Houston, Ingram (but with that tender, probably out) or a guy like Fox

Looks liek they are signing Bryce Callahan - more DB depth

Comment

• sonorajim
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargers8491 View Post

I'm baffled as well. Staley mentioned that WR core is the most complete unit right now and the are very happy with the group. It isn't a high priority for them.
                Justin Herbert threw for the 2nd most passing yards, 5th most passing TDs and there was not a large margin between him and 1st in either.
                It's always good to improve depth but WR wasn't a priority. RG, RB2, DB, DL depth were.

Comment

• equivocation
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2021
                  • Send PM

Next year is likely to have minimal FA signings so 1 year deals that trigger comp picks should be a priority.

Comment

• equivocation
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2021
                    • Send PM

For me the WR room is missing certain skills and routes. It is good overall, but it could be more conplete and that will help the offense.

YAC (Everett helps there) and the ability to run deep breaking routes are both absent. Maybe Palmer can fill in the latter.

Comment

• eaterfan
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2020
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post
                      Next year is likely to have minimal FA signings so 1 year deals that trigger comp picks should be a priority.
                      The comp picks will be a year after. So we're looking at 2024 comp picks. Don't get me wrong, those are good, but that won't help us in the 2023 offseason.

Comment

• equivocation
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2021
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by eaterfan View Post

The comp picks will be a year after. So we're looking at 2024 comp picks. Don't get me wrong, those are good, but that won't help us in the 2023 offseason.
                        I know. Always have a plan for the future.

Comment

• blueman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post
                          For me the WR room is missing certain skills and routes. It is good overall, but it could be more conplete and that will help the offense.

YAC (Everett helps there) and the ability to run deep breaking routes are both absent. Maybe Palmer can fill in the latter.
                          Nothing to see here, move along.

Comment

Working...
                          X