• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • equivocation
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

But, the comment today says that he profiles as a starter with the Chargers......Khalil Mack will be coming off the bench????
    I think he fills gaps in the lineup depending on injuries and performance. In the base set I would keep him edge3 to keep bosa and mack fresh.

Comment

• Fleet 1
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Kauai
      • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

But, the comment today says that he profiles as a starter with the Chargers......Khalil Mack will be coming off the bench????
      Pretty bad. lol Definitely thought more a long the lines of Bosa inside with Kyle off the edge. Maybe a 4 man front with Bosa/Mack and KVN. But he wont be starting. lol

My point was just how opposite the 2 takes were by that publication.

Comment

• blueman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Really like what TT/Staley are doing right now, not just sitting doing nothing but still bringing in quality guys who can give good snaps. Talk about rebuilt D.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
          Charger Fan since 1978
          • Sep 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
          Really like what TT/Staley are doing right now, not just sitting doing nothing but still bringing in quality guys who can give good snaps. Talk about rebuilt D.
          I wonder how much they paid these two? I’m curious to know if they have enough left for a veteran RT signing?
          "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

They discovered what didn't work on defense last year spectacularly well. I'm glad they are giving the defense a makeover. It was sad and very bad.

Comment

• rikardo
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

I wonder how much they paid these two? I’m curious to know if they have enough left for a veteran RT signing?
              Great question, and agree we need to sign a vet ROT

And I cant see anything else we trully need

Maybe a speed WR but thats last priority IMO, RT does worry me...

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                Charger Fan since 1978
                • Sep 2021
                • Send PM

Originally posted by rikardo View Post

Great question, and agree we need to sign a vet ROT

And I cant see anything else we trully need

Maybe a speed WR but thats last priority IMO, RT does worry me...
                even if pipkins is being given a shot to prove he can handle the RT spot, I’d feel better if a veteran RT was brought in for depth and to push him in camp…I haven’t checked recently to see who’s still a available but just like a week ago riley reif, eric fischer, and daryl williams were still out there…
                "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Bolt-O
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

even if pipkins is being given a shot to prove he can handle the RT spot, I’d feel better if a veteran RT was brought in for depth and to push him in camp…I haven’t checked recently to see who’s still a available but just like a week ago riley reif, eric fischer, and daryl williams were still out there…
                  I think they are done with adding bodies to the OL. It's now to figure out what is optimal, but I think they can scheme around any weakness on by the RT, who ever its is. We'll see in mini-camp.

Comment

• blueman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Staley is rolling with Norton, and if anybody beats him that’s fine too. Top five O, here we come!

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

I had the Chargers with approximately $6.5m of cap space after the future commitments are allocated for (Rookies, PS and In Season IR) -

So if each cost $2.5m - that would be $1.7m to the cap - so $3.4m in total against the cap

Conservatively, that would leave the Chargers with $3m still of cap space .

Dennis Kelly signed last year for $1.3m - that would be a net of $500k against the cap

As for the moves - I like it. Never enough CB or Edge depth.

This is a pretty solid roster. RT is still out there - but on paper - this is a 12-13 win team in my opinion

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      😂
                      🥰
                      😘
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😞
                      😡
                      👍