• richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Chargers open as a 5 pt favorite over the Raiders

Discuss (along with MakoSharks requests):

Originally posted by MakoShark View Post
    The over/under on total Charger injuries.

The over/under on Charger Oline injuries.

The over/under on turnovers.

Odds that Gordon gets his 1st NFL TD.
  • Stinky Wizzleteats+
    Grammar Police
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Macosharks over under, 3-2-3
    Go Rivers!

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

5 points not good enough. Must destroy Raiders. Must embarrass Raiders. Must humiliate Raiders. Must wipe ass with Raiders logo.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2013
        • Send PM

The Raiders are coming off a bye week and probably pretty healthy while we are struggling to put up a team of real NFL players because of injury.

I don't want to think of any more injuries. I'll have to bypass the over/under on that. Nauseating.

Turnovers - I'll go with one (Chargers).

Gordon needs to find another gear for him to be effective running the ball for us. I'm speaking of in his initial acceleration from the backfield. He needs more power. He can't escape first tacklers very well. I'm very unimpressed by him in that regard. He's playing much closer to a 4th or 5th round running back IMO - if that. There's no way I'll be predicting a TD for him. A fumble? Yes, he could do that alright. I'm sorry FLEET. It's no reflection on you. I just don't like what he's shown so far overall.

Too many injuries to say we'll win by more than a FG. I would take Oakland and the 5 points.
        Last edited by Millionaire Wussy; 10-18-2015, 05:39 PM.
        For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by alex View Post
          The Raiders are coming off a bye week and probably pretty healthy while we are struggling to put up a team of real NFL players because of injury.

I don't want to think of any more injuries. I'll have to bypass the over/under on that. Nauseating.

Gordon needs to find another gear for him to be effective running the ball for us. I'm speaking of in his initial acceleration from the backfield. He needs more power. He can't escape first tacklers very well. I'm very unimpressed by him in that regard. He's playing much closer to a 4th or 5th round running back IMO - if that. There's no way I'll be predicting a TD for him. A fumble? Yes, he could do that alright. I'm sorry FLEET. It's no reflection on you. I just don't like what he's shown so far overall.

Too many injuries to say we'll win by more than a FG. I would take Oakland and the 5 points.
          Raiders suck.

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

Justin Tuck got put on the IR for them last week.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Tuck sucks.

Comment

• TTK
                EX-Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • America's Finest City
                • Send PM

Originally posted by alex View Post

The problem is they run Gordon out of the shotgun all the time. He can't get a head of steam going and not to mention he gets hit right when he gets the ball all the time.

He looks better when they run out of the pistol and he gets a running start.

IMO they're just using him incorrectly.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

The problem with Gordon right now is he fumbles. You can't blame that on the offensive line.

Comment

• TTK
                    EX-Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • America's Finest City
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Engine Engine Number 420 View Post
                    The problem with Gordon right now is he fumbles. You can't blame that on the offensive line.
                    This is true but defenders are just teeing off on him on those draw plays. He's often a sitting duck while they're nailing him at full speed.

I wish they would try some power running with him. Watch his Wisconsin highlights.

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by TTK View Post
                      The problem is they run Gordon out of the shotgun all the time. He can't get a head of steam going and not to mention he gets hit right when he gets the ball all the time.

He looks better when they run out of the pistol and he gets a running start.

IMO they're just using him incorrectly.
                      We run everybody out of the shotgun, and it's just not working. We ran 21 times for 60 yards today - a 2.9 YPC average.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                        Grammar Police
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

The "Lee Press on Offensive Line" cannot run block zone or power, as the will not practice it and if they did it would not work the way they blow assignments.

Go Rivers!

Comment

Working...
                        X