Go Rivers!

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 2h2 hours ago
      #Chargers WR Keenan Allen suffered a hip injury this week, but it's described as just a sprain. Should be good to go this week.
      104 retweets 196 favorites

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

Spread down to 4

Comment

• MakoShark
          Disgruntled
          • Jun 2013
          • North Alabama
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
          I'm hoping Gordon gets his first splinter in his ass.
          Giving up on the kid already? I hate the fumbles, but I can't fault the kid for trying to prove his worth and putting forth so much extra effort. He's got to be frustrated behind this patch work Oline.
          sigpic

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

Originally posted by MakoShark View Post
            Giving up on the kid already? I hate the fumbles, but I can't fault the kid for trying to prove his worth and putting forth so much extra effort. He's got to be frustrated behind this patch work Oline.
            Clearly the fumbles are a huge issue, but he is averaging more per carry than Woodhead and Oliver so if he can hold onto the ball it would be silly not to play him more. But that is a big IF.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
              Grammar Police
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Ex-McCoy pupil Beurlein lauds Bolts coach
              By Tom Krasovic | 4 p.m. Oct. 23, 2015

Chargers coach Mike McCoy looks on during the Packers game. The Packers won 27-20. — K.C. Alfred
              ��
              ✉⎙
              Fifteen year later, Steve Beurlein can still see the wide-eyed look on Mike McCoy's face.

McCoy often exuded confidence, but on this October day in 2000, the rookie quarterbacks coach had learned that his boss with the Carolina Panthers, offensive coordinator Bill Musgrave, had quit following a tiff with head coach George Seifert.

The Panthers still had 12 games to play, and McCoy was in his first coaching job.

"Mike was looking at me with this look of panic on his face like, 'What are we going to do?' " Beurlein said.

Beurlein, who was in his 13th NFL season and seven years older than McCoy, reassured the 28-year-old coach.

"I remember patting him on the shoulder and saying, 'Don't worry about his, young buck. We'll figure it out. We'll be all right.' "

Sunday brings a reunion at Qualcomm Stadium.

McCoy will be coaching the Chargers, Musgrave will be calling plays for the Raiders and Beurlein, an analyst for CBS, will be in the broadcasting booth.

When Musgrave resigned, McCoy assumed a greater role on Carolina's offensive staff while receivers coach Richard Williamson took on the coordinator job. Carolina split the final 12 games to finish 7-9.

Earning greater responsibility, McCoy would remain with Carolina through 2008. After four seasons as a Denver Broncos assistant, he took over the Chargers in 2013.

"I'm really proud of him and happy for him," Beurlein said.

Beurlein played just the one season under McCoy, yet his description of him still fits.

"He is so consistent," he said. "You know what you're going to get every single day from him. He's never going to waver is his philosophies or his beliefs -- or his delivery. He's always going to be very stoic. I get excited when I see him show emotion on the sideline because I'm not used to seeing it. But he's just a really consistent guy that, you know what you're going to get every single day. I've always had great respect for him."

Beurlein said it was Musgrave who brought McCoy, a former quarterback, to the Panthers in 2000.

Musgrave would coach at the University of Virginia before returning to the NFL. He is with his fifth NFL club since leaving Carolina.

Sunday's game will mark the first time Musgrave has coached against McCoy's Chargers. It would seem McCoy owes Musgrave a favor or two -- the Chargers hope the football gods don't pay it by steering the Raiders, a four-point underdog, to victory.
              Go Rivers!

Comment

Working...
              X