• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stinky Wizzleteats+
    Grammar Police
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Y'all Have Me Convinced...

After this obviously terrible draft that even common fans case look up pundit projections and measure exactly what the team needs without the intimate knowledge what millions of dollars in research and background investigation let alone scheme fit brings to a draft board, without consideration that each team has a much smaller list of draftable players than us fans... Without having been in the interviews, that this draft is a hopeless failure so please sell your season tickets sell your valuable collectables at a very low price and let me know so I can pick them up at a good price!!! I'll wait.
    Go Rivers!
  • blueman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Right? Pretty laughable.

Comment

• RobH
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Tokyo, Japan
      • University English Lecturer
      • Send PM

Once a Stinky, always a Stinky. Good one JH.

Comment

• TTThunder
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2013
        • Send PM

I do believe we will make some noise in the playoff this year!

Go Bolts!!!

Comment

• johnnywyoming
          Eeyore is Joey's #1 fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Oregon
          • Retirement
          • Send PM

Hey Stinky, I've got Staley's barely used Etch-A-Sketch up for grabs... Best offer takes her. Still has the box too!!:koolaid:
          Thank God for morons. Without them who would the rest of us have to blame things on?

Comment

• RockyMtnBoltFan
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2022
            • Send PM

It is kind of funny how people put so much weight on the draft. The statistics show that only about 25% of players drafted become starters and/or meaningful contributor. Less than 10% become Pro Bowlers. So for a typical draft if you get 2 quality starters out of it you are coming out ahead. Seems like typical fan expectations for Telesco is much higher than that.

Comment

• Riverwalk
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2021
              • Send PM

Majority of National reviews I’ve seen give Chargers high marks on the draft.

Yet some take one slight out of 100’s of praises and turn it into severe butt hurt.

who cares what one or two internet trolls think? If you are satisfied with the draft stop seeking confirmation from the internet because you are never going to get unanimous approval and it’s meaningless to boot.

whether through the draft or FA, I wanted a lot more help in the trenches,an improved pass rush, DB improvement and depth, improvement at TE, and backup for Ekeler.

every single box was checked and I have no doubt the team is vastly improved over last season.

I don’t need NFL pundits to confirm or deny that. I’ve got enough sense to figure it out for myself.

Comment

• jamrock
                lawyers, guns and money
                • Sep 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
                After this obviously terrible draft that even common fans case look up pundit projections and measure exactly what the team needs without the intimate knowledge what millions of dollars in research and background investigation let alone scheme fit brings to a draft board, without consideration that each team has a much smaller list of draftable players than us fans... Without having been in the interviews, that this draft is a hopeless failure so please sell your season tickets sell your valuable collectables at a very low price and let me know so I can pick them up at a good price!!! I'll wait.
                Don’t be such a cheapskate. Pay full price or save the rant

Comment

• Chargerfreak
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Sep 2018
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by RockyMtnBoltFan View Post
                  It is kind of funny how people put so much weight on the draft. The statistics show that only about 25% of players drafted become starters and/or meaningful contributor. Less than 10% become Pro Bowlers. So for a typical draft if you get 2 quality starters out of it you are coming out ahead. Seems like typical fan expectations for Telesco is much higher than that.
                  That means we'll have 20% pro bowlers to offset the raiders 0%.

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                    • Send PM

It wasn't a sexy draft, it was a workman's draft. And that has a lot of people thinking the draft was not good. I did read comments by Telesco that indicated the board did not fall the way he had hoped, and he may have missed out on some players he wanted and settled for alternatives. But that may turn out to be a good thing, given Telesco's miss rate on later round draft picks.

Comment

• eaterfan
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2020
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
                      I'm very confused by what your argument is here. Are you saying a front office that has made the playoffs once in its tenure and never won the division in that time despite having Rivers and Herbert that whole period is so smart that its draft can't be questioned or criticized?

Comment

• Classic
                        Hall Of Fame
                        • Dec 2014
                        • Send PM

Season is over before it begin because we drafted a guard. Lol Maybe 2023 will be better.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        😂
                        🥰
                        😘
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😞
                        😡
                        👍