• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blueman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

From what I saw of Daniel last year, he is not a better player then Stick.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

If we need to replace Herbert for one or more games, Stick is the better QB.
      Meanwhile Daniel is the better player / coach.
      We're entering year 2 of Lombardi / Staley / Saints / Chargers Offense and I suspect that Daniels with his NO exoerience aids the process.
      Just my 2 cents.
      How is the better player not the better QB - I’m not understanding what other factor you are thinking about?

I have no idea if he is a good coach and I don’t know how you know that - but Staley can hire him as a coach if he thinks he’s good at it. An asst-junior-QB coach doesn’t cost $2M+ and doesn’t count against the team cap.

Coaches agreed with you last year and they know more than I. But if he is the guy that knows the Lombardi offense the best, why did he play the worst? I didnt’ see him able to translate his reported knowledge onto the field, so why is anyone sure he can translate it in QB rooms or sideline chats? Maybe you guys know something I don’t know? Curious.
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Boltsfan70
        East Coast Chargers Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • PA transplant living in S. Carolina
        • Send PM

The saying goes those that cant play coach. That fits Daniels role. Coach in a players uniform

Comment

• sonorajim
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltsfan70 View Post
          The saying goes those that cant play coach. That fits Daniels role. Coach in a players uniform
          We resigned Daniels & kept Stick. It'll be interesting to see who starts at QB when we're 15 - 0.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltsfan70 View Post
            A lot of great coaches can’t play. A hell of a lot more guys that can’t play also can’t coach.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2022
              • Send PM

I don't know how Daniel adds anything at this point. Is it unrealistic to think Herbert has mastered the offense by now?

Comment

• powderblueboy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post
                I don't know how Daniel adds anything at this point. Is it unrealistic to think Herbert has mastered the offense by now?
                The schemes Herbert will be going up against will always be changing and evolving each week....unless going up against Gus.
                An experienced quarterback like Daniels is someone Herbert will bounce a lot of ideas off concerning what opponents are trying to do and how to defeat it,
                in game and during the week of preparation.

The qb coach works on Herbert's technique, if anything is off.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2022
                  • Send PM

[QUOTE=powderblueboy;n1354573]

The schemes Herbert will be going up against will always be changing and evolving each week....unless going up against Gus.
                  An experienced quarterback like Daniels is someone Herbert will bounce a lot of ideas off concerning what opponents are trying to do and how to defeat it,

So how much longer do we fill that #2 backup spot with Daniel and accept that we'll most likely lose at least one game if Herbert goes down early? And how long do we keep three quarterbacks on the roster because Daniel is incapable of winning at least two or three games for us?

I think it's time to set Herbert free on his own.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                    Moderate Skeptic
                    • May 2022
                    • Send PM

[QUOTE=DerwinBosa;n1354583]
                    Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

So how much longer do we fill that #2 backup spot with Daniel and accept that we'll most likely lose at least one game if Herbert goes down early? And how long do we keep three quarterbacks on the roster because Daniel is incapable of winning at least two or three games for us?

Agreed, but I think Daniels has one more year as Herbert's spear carrier - then he's gone.

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

[QUOTE=DerwinBosa;n1354583]

"FREE HERBIE" --- coming soon to a stadium near you!

Comment

• powderblueboy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

What stud do you have in mind to backup Herbert?

They'll win more games with Herbert getting good advice and a fresh perspective
                        than whatever backup one can dig up and who will contribute nothing unless he plays.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

The qb coach works on Herbert's technique, if anything is off.
                          What does Daniel know about new changing evolving schemes that Herbert will go up against?

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡