Clear All
  • Boltx
    Dominate the day
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Darren Sproles up the gut

I mean, Woodhead up the gut.

Twice.

I get trying it ONCE...to see if you can catch their defense napping. But twice? Especially with your QB already red hot? And with a bunch of 6'4" and taller targets??

I agree with what others have said - proud of their fight today, but moral victories in the end ring pretty hollow. Especially when you waste one of the most epic days by a QB ever. Dude's career is quickly heading towards irrelevance.

6-10 over the last 16. This is who we are. Just give Rivers the MVP every year because this team would truly be 0-16 every year without him. Rivers will never come out and say it or even imply it - but if he is getting anxious for a title he needs to get out of San Diego ASAP because it will absolutely NOT happen here.
    ESPN Screename: GoBolts02
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Considering he just extended his contract, I guess he answered the question about whether he wanted to get out of San Diego.

Comment

• Boltx
      Dominate the day
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
      Considering he just extended his contract, I guess he answered the question about whether he wanted to get out of San Diego.
      Enjoy being without a ring, then.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
        Grammar Police
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Someone is bitter....

Use some preparation H on that Boltx. Not nice to start a thread and blast the first honest reply...
        Go Rivers!

Comment

• homeless simpson
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Fullback dive and dumpoffs to LoNeal. Those were the days.......

Comment

• Boltx
            Dominate the day
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
            Someone is bitter....

Use some preparation H on that Boltx. Not nice to start a thread and blast the first honest reply...
            I didn't blast him at all.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
              No Sir, I Dont Like It
              • Jun 2013
              • Section 457
              • Migrant Film Worker
              • Send PM

Mods, please change to Sproles Up The Butt.
              Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
              sigpic

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

One of the handoffs was after a Rivers' audible. I don't think it was called by the coaches.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                  Grammar Police
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
                  Enjoy being without a ring, then.
                  So this is not a blast?

It was taken from The Cannons top ten retorts.
                  Go Rivers!

Comment

• homeless simpson
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

I would say since 2013, this is the most finesse team when it comes to running when it is close to the goal line. we use a fb/hb like only 3% of the time in 3 years, never use our starting rbs near the goalline ( except maybe Oliver...but that's because mathews and woodhead were on IR), no power running/ extra blockers formation or packages. Punching it in is just not in this teams identity. AT ALL.

Comment

• TTK
                      EX-Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • America's Finest City
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by homeless simpson View Post
                      I would say since 2013, this is the most finesse team when it comes to running when it is close to the goal line. we use a fb/hb like only 3% of the time in 3 years, never use our starting rbs near the goalline ( except maybe Oliver...but that's because mathews and woodhead were on IR), no power running/ extra blockers formation or packages. Punching it in is just not in this teams identity. AT ALL.
                      Completely agree. If you want to run the ball at the goal line, bring in the heavy personnel and ram it down the defense's throat. Don't do this draw play garbage with your 3rd down back.

Other than that, it was an incredible performance by Rivers, Reich and the rest of the offense.

Comment

• Steve
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2013
                        • South Carolina
                        • Meteorologist
                        • Send PM

I don't have a problem with the call per say, but you have to at least do something to give it a chance. Sure, Gates was running interference, but he is only taking his guy away, he is not an option on the play. That route only works if there is more room to the wide side of the field an Woodhead has a chance to beat the guy to the corner. Woodhead ran out of room and gave the defender a chance to break on the ball.

I kinda miss the bunch package that we used down on the goalline a couple years ago that got us out of our scoring funk in McCoy's first year. Bunch to one side, Woodhead in an offset to the other, with a split receiver isolated on the backside (usually running a fade). You can run a bubble screen to the bunch, or go backside to either the iso or to Woodhead. Not sure why we didn't come out and run that personnel group 4 times in the final series. Lots of options out of that package, just let Rivers call it at the line.

Comment

Working...
                        X