• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KNSD
    Registered Charger Hater
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Artifact of beat up OL. It's not like the pass plays down there were any more successful.
    Prediction:
    Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
    Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
    Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

Originally posted by KNSD View Post
      Artifact of beat up OL. It's not like the pass plays down there were any more successful.
      Losing Allen hurt - they don't have to fear Inman like Allen for obvious reasons and can focus on Gates and Woodhead more.

Comment

• OhioBolt
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Norv Turner lives!!!

Sproles, and Woodhead aren't the guys you want to pound it in with at goal line, or on 3rd and short, or 4th and short.

We haven't had a back since LT (Not old LT before he went to the Jets) to get short yardage. You would think someone athletic as Gordon should be able leap over like LT, but hell we can't trust him to hang on to the ball. I love some Sproles in the day and Woodhead but not running in short yardage plays period.

Comment

• KNSD
          Registered Charger Hater
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

You could also blame it on Rivers for those plays. He has choice of audibling out of the run play.
          Prediction:
          Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
          Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
          Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

• homeless simpson
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
            I kinda miss the bunch package that we used down on the goalline a couple years ago that got us out of our scoring funk in McCoy's first year. Bunch to one side, Woodhead in an offset to the other, with a split receiver isolated on the backside (usually running a fade). You can run a bubble screen to the bunch, or go backside to either the iso or to Woodhead. Not sure why we didn't come out and run that personnel group 4 times in the final series. Lots of options out of that package, just let Rivers call it at the line.
            Bunch formation was another thing we used to do under whiz that seems to no longer exist after he left.

Comment

• Iowachargers
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2013
              • Dow City, Iowa
              • Send PM

When the Chargers beat the Bengals in the playoffs two years ago the Bengals used a defensive lineman in the backfield to block for the running back to gain a couple of first downs and a touchdown, and I asked how come the Chargers don't ever do that. I mean just blow a frickin hole in the wall. Hell put two of them in the backfield in front of the running back. Ala Refrigerator Perry.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by Iowachargers View Post
                When the Chargers beat the Bengals in the playoffs two years ago the Bengals used a defensive lineman in the backfield to block for the running back to gain a couple of first downs and a touchdown, and I asked how come the Chargers don't ever do that. I mean just blow a frickin hole in the wall. Hell put two of them in the backfield in front of the running back. Ala Refrigerator Perry.
                Our defensive linemen can't even play defense. You expect them to play offense?

Comment

• Iowachargers
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2013
                  • Dow City, Iowa
                  • Send PM

All it is is hit the first guy you see wearing a different jersey. It's not rocket science.

Comment

• Iowachargers
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2013
                    • Dow City, Iowa
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Engine Engine Number 420 View Post
                    Our defensive linemen can't even play defense. You expect them to play offense?
                    Truthfully I think that was the response to my question two years ago. Was that you?

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by Iowachargers View Post
                      Truthfully I think that was the response to my question two years ago. Was that you?
                      Possibly. We still have the same crappy D-linemen. And I tend to forget I already typed something.

Dave's not here, man.

Comment

Working...
                      X