• Show
Clear All
  • La Costa Boy
    Pretty much retired......
    • Sep 2018
    • JoJa
    • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
    • Send PM

Kelley has flashed a little but very little to stick around IMHO. The guy is always dinged up and unavailable it seems. I believe he and Nabors are goners. Roundtree is a bit beefier so I think he stays as the last RB option or maybe even PS. Time for some serious changes behind Eke.

Comment

• Velo
      Ride!
      • Aug 2019
      • Everywhere
      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
      • Send PM

My preference would be...

Ekeler
      Spiller
      Jackson
      Horvath (if he's good enough to make the roster)

The others I don't care about. I don't think they should fool around with Kelley, or Rountree, for that matter. They aren't NFL running backs. I'd rather they find further RB depth among the UDFAs. It can't be too hard to find better talent than Kelley and Rountree.

Comment

• cmplxgal
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2017
        • New Jersey
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
        My preference would be...

Ekeler
        Spiller
        Jackson
        Horvath (if he's good enough to make the roster)

I'd love to see Jackson back as RB3 but I don't know if it makes any financial sense. He was their second-best back when he was healthy.

Comment

• blueman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Jackson is a FA, if nobody else works out for us I would expect he’d still be available..

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

I don't know if they will keep Nabers if Horvath makes the roster. My feeling is they drafted Horvath to replace Nabers because Horvath is an actual RB who can carry the ball while Nabers is not a running back and never has been. I could be wrong, I've been wrong before. I don't think there are enough roster spots available to keep them both though. I kind of see Horvath in a role similar to Kyle Juszczyk's role with the 49ers.
            Yep...always thought Nabors was kind of a waste of a roster spot...hardly ever used the dude, and when he WAS in there, it was a two-back set, and we were telegraphing to the other team, "it's a running play with Nabors as lead blocker"...so the opposing team just stacks the box and stuffs the run most of the time...at least with Horvath in there, we can occasionally fake to Ekkie and give the rock to Zander, who has proven he can actually produce as a RB...

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
              Jackson is a FA, if nobody else works out for us I would expect he’d still be available..
              Not so sure about that...Bolts haven't signed him yet, and the RB room is suddenly kind of crowded...even IF we cut Kelley and Rountree...plus there's JJ's injury history...not a very good ROI...

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by cmplxgal View Post

I'd love to see Jackson back as RB3 but I don't know if it makes any financial sense. He was their second-best back when he was healthy.
                That's a mighty big "when"...

Comment

• Eurobolt
                  *** Jim Harbaugh ***
                  • Sep 2018
                  • Send PM

Jackson will not be back he had too much in his leg after college 4 full over 1000 yards each seasons...

Kelly is a goner waste of pick.

Comment

• PR#1
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Eurobolt View Post
                    Jackson will not be back he had too much in his leg after college 4 full over 1000 yards each seasons...

Kelly is a goner waste of pick.
                    Kelly is another miss by telesco

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Yep...always thought Nabors was kind of a waste of a roster spot...hardly ever used the dude, and when he WAS in there, it was a two-back set, and we were telegraphing to the other team, "it's a running play with Nabors as lead blocker"...so the opposing team just stacks the box and stuffs the run most of the time...at least with Horvath in there, we can occasionally fake to Ekkie and give the rock to Zander, who has proven he can actually produce as a RB...
                      Nader is such a negligible offensive threat, defenses don’t need to worry about or scheme for him. I hope Horvath can block, because he can sure run and catch better than Nabors. Nabors isn’t even great at 3rd and 1 jumbo package A gap FB dive. If there’s a hole he gets thru, any back would have gotten thru. If there’s not a hole, he doesnt get that yard on his own. Horvath looks like a power back that could, but thats playing against college kids. We’ll have to see him play against a couple pros before we know if we have anything.

I didn’t realize JJ was unsigned FA and not on the roster. I’d have predicted Eke, Spiller, JJ and Horvath but if he’s not signed … well, Spiller may just replace him and they keep Kelly or Rountree. Or Rountree and Kelly both go to PS, unless the RB they signed UDFA surprises. Lombardi system knowledge is a useful plus to the team if they ever need to dive into the PS bin for an emergency replacement
                      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by PR#1 View Post

Kelly is another miss by telesco
                        Yep...along with Tillery, Murray, Rountree, Reed, Hill, Pip, Cantrell, Lamp, Feeney, Tevi, Tuerk, Perry, Brown, D. Watt, Mager, AttOUCHu, C. Watt, Fluke and Teo...a sorry non-hit parade of busts and semi-busts. Between this year and last year's draft, looks like Staley & Staff have asserted themselves well and vetoed any of TT's lame choices for draft picks...

Comment

• Velo
                          Ride!
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Everywhere
                          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                          Yeah, I hope the re-sign JJ. Yes he has a long injury history but he has been a decent back when he's available and and he's had a few playmaker moments.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍