• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt-O
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

2019 Draft Class Contract Season

The Tillery Topic is getting a bit "circular", but probably shouldn't be closed. But it is the Contract Season for his classmates as well

Broughton is gone, but the rest are still on the team. No poll, but who is worth keeping around if they have great seasons? Egbule, Stick and Tillery are marginal to me, Pipkins is a toss up, but Adderley and Tranquill may be worth the second contract
  • Velo
    Ride!
    • Aug 2019
    • Everywhere
    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
    • Send PM

Not sure what the purpose of keeping Stick is. Stickman may actually be pretty decent if he got an opportunity to play with a first team unit, but we'll probably never know because he's buried deep on the depth chart.

Comment

• Critty
      Dominate the Day.
      • Mar 2019
      • Send PM

Considering none of these players were Staley picks, I think they all are in prove you can get the job done and we should bring you back. And even then, they may be let go since none of them have shown they are difference makers.

I really wouldn't be surprised to see them all gone.

Tillery option was declined. He is going to hit the market.

Adderley has been inconsistent. He has the athletic traits Staley like, so they could bring him back. But, I think JT Woods may have been drafted to replace him. I don't see them giving Adderley any big money to come back.

Pipkins. He has yet to earn a job. If he does it this year, I doubt they give him any good deal to come back.

Tranquill is a solid player, they should bring back, but he is replaceable. And I would not expect any good money used to keep him.

Stick and Egbule are unlikely to remain. Unless it's cheap depth on minimum contracts.

Spending any money on bringing any of them back has to happen after they give JH10 an extension of 12year/500m 250m guarantee this off-season. They should not delay and do a 5th year option with Herbert and try to figure this out after 2023 or 2024. That would be a bad move, IMO. They should make an offer immediately after this 2022 season is over and get him locked in until 2035.

So this 2019 class can all kick rocks.
      Thor needs to get his money.
      That should be the #1 priority after this season.
      Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Xenos
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
        Considering none of these players were Staley picks, I think they all are in prove you can get the job done and we should bring you back. And even then, they may be let go since none of them have shown they are difference makers.

I really wouldn't be surprised to see them all gone.

Tillery option was declined. He is going to hit the market.

Adderley has been inconsistent. He has the athletic traits Staley like, so they could bring him back. But, I think JT Woods may have been drafted to replace him. I don't see them giving Adderley any big money to come back.

Pipkins. He has yet to earn a job. If he does it this year, I doubt they give him any good deal to come back.

Tranquill is a solid player, they should bring back, but he is replaceable. And I would not expect any good money used to keep him.

Stick and Egbule are unlikely to remain. Unless it's cheap depth on minimum contracts.

Spending any money on bringing any of them back has to happen after they give JH10 an extension of 12year/500m 250m guarantee this off-season. They should not delay and do a 5th year option with Herbert and try to figure this out after 2023 or 2024. That would be a bad move, IMO. They should make an offer immediately after this 2022 season is over and get him locked in until 2035.

So this 2019 class can all kick rocks.
        Thor needs to get his money.
        That should be the #1 priority after this season.
        Assuming all our FA pickups work out this year and we win a SB, we should just concentrate on taking care of the most important internal FA first ie. Herbert and Derwin, pick up cut guys in FA, and let guys that want too much in FA go so we can get comp picks in return. Basically do what the Rams and Ravens have been doing. I feel like it’ll be necessary given our cap situation next year.

Comment

• powderblueboy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
          Assuming all our FA pickups work out this year and we win a SB, we should just concentrate on taking care of the most important internal FA first ie. Herbert and Derwin, pick up cut guys in FA, and let guys that want too much in FA go so we can get comp picks in return. Basically do what the Rams and Ravens have been doing. I feel like it’ll be necessary given our cap situation next year.
          That's a fairly safe assumption: Baltimore, Cleveland & Buffalo will be dangerous.

I can think of no other teams on the same level as those 4.

Back to the question: Adderly is probably the best of that group....maybe Tranquil

Which of them doesn't have a backup waiting in the wings?

I'd say maybe RT, unless Jaimes/Salyer surprises; but Pip will move on for one reason or another.

Probably zero: that is generally what happens from a Tom Telesco draft class.

Comment

• Xenos
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

That's a fairly safe assumption: Baltimore, Cleveland & Buffalo will be dangerous.

I can think of no other teams on the same level as those 4.

Back to the question: Adderly is probably the best of that group....maybe Tranquil

Which of them doesn't have a backup waiting in the wings?

I'd say maybe RT, unless Jaimes/Salyer surprises; but Pip will move on for one reason or another.

Probably zero: that is generally what happens from a Tom Telesco draft class.
            I feel like Lamar is too inconsistent to ever make the Ravens a real threat in the AFC. I also think Watson will blow up in Cleveland’s face. Agree about the Bills. The other two AFC teams have to be the Bengals and the Chiefs.

Comment

• Eurobolt
              *** Jim Harbaugh ***
              • Sep 2018
              • Send PM

I feel like Lamar is too inconsistent to ever make the Ravens a real threat in the AFC. I also think Watson will blow up in Cleveland’s face. Agree about the Bills. The other two AFC teams have to be the Bengals and the Chiefs.
              I know the hate but why everyone is sleeping on Broncos.

Chiefs
              Bengals
              Bills
              Broncos

Those are 4 teams that will try to stop us this season.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Try to keep on topic, please.

Comment

• 21&500
                  Bolt Spit-Baller
                  • Sep 2018
                  • A Whale's Vajayjay
                  • CMB refugee
                  • Send PM

No must-keepers
                  .005 Brock Bowers, TE/HB/SR Georgia
                  .037 Braden Fiske, DT Florida St.
                  .069 Mike Sainristil, CB Michigan
                  .105 Brenden Rice, WR USC
                  .110 Mason McCormick, OG/OC S. Dakota St.
                  .140 Zak Zinter, OG Michigan
                  .181 Nehemiah Pritchett, CB Auburn
                  .225 Ainias Smith, WR Texas A&M
                  .253 Carson Steele, RB UCLA

Comment

• Xenos
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Tranquil and Adderly are the only possibilities. Maybe Pipkins if he blows everyone away as RT.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2022
                      • Send PM

Of those players, I would like to keep Adderley, Tranquill, and Stick beyond this season. If Pipkins can win out the right tackle job and prove to be reliable, I would like to have him beyond this season, too.

I think Stick was the second-best quarterback on the roster last season, but Lombardi favors Chase Daniel because of his connection to him in New Orleans, and Chase's knowledge of the offense was obviously helpful to Herbert. But come on: do we really need to waste a roster spot on Daniel again with Herbert going into his second season in the offense? Stick has some upside, and I'm hoping he could be our Earl Morrall, Jeff Hostetler, or Nick Foles if Herbert were to suffer a season-ending injury. There's no chance with Daniel, in that regard. If he has to play a significant amount of time, the season is over.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2017
                        • Send PM

Chiefs are a name brand whose quality has gone south.
                        Losing Hill gives them zero chance to go the Super Bowl.

Bengals are not going to surprise anyone this year.

Cleveland had a ridiculous number of injuries last year; they don't need to lean on Watson

You might be right about Jackson; however, Peyton Manning won his first playoff game at the age of 27.
                        Even then, Manning was never a great playoff qb; same thing with PR....neither had cannons.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        😂
                        🥰
                        😘
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😞
                        😡
                        👍