• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt-O
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post
    Of those players, I would like to keep Adderley, Tranquill, and Stick beyond this season. If Pipkins can win out the right tackle job and prove to be reliable, I would like to have him beyond this season, too.

I think Stick was the second-best quarterback on the roster last season, but Lombardi favors Chase Daniel because of his connection to him in New Orleans, and Chase's knowledge of the offense was obviously helpful to Herbert. But come on: do we really need to waste a roster spot on Daniel again with Herbert going into his second season in the offense? Stick has some upside, and I'm hoping he could be our Earl Morrall, Jeff Hostetler, or Nick Foles if Herbert were to suffer a season-ending injury. There's no chance with Daniel, in that regard. If he has to play a significant amount of time, the season is over.
    I'd rather have Stick as the b/u QB, but we really don't have a good handle of what he would for a short term starter. We already know of Daniel's performance, so go with the cheaper unknown, hoping that he isn't used. If Pipkins is a decent swing , maybe they keep him, I do have to see what's up during pre-season and if he did really improve with his off-season training.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
      Brock Bowers N.M.W.
      • Feb 2019
      • McLean Illinois
      • Pipefitter Illinois State University
      • Send PM

Some will laugh at this....some will cry...but I think Pipkins is the most likely to be back, if I had to choose just one....but that is me projecting him to finally "get it". Next would be Adderley...I think Staley likes him, but there is a reason he is cycling in a ton of fast, young talent to that secondary...they cant afford to pay everybody. Finally, Tranquil is a possible stay as a terrific team player...but it would have to be a humble deal.

The rest are gone.
      Mock version 3.0-The "Double Mitchell"
      (Assumes "fantasy" trade with Vikes)

11. Q. Mitchell CB
      23. A. Mitchell WR
      37. K. Jenkins DT
      69. C. Beebe OG -105. C.Gray LB
      110. R. Davis RB -140. J. Jones Slot CB
      181. T. McLachlan TE -225. J. Jean-Baptiste Edge
      253. K. Vidal RB

Comment

Working...