• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Charge!
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Aug 2019
    • Send PM

Are Chargers NFL's most exciting team?

Here is an entertaining video of good, bad, exciting and frustrating plays, but they are all exciting:

TWITTER: https://twitter.com/BrickwallblitzPATREON: https://www.patreon.com/brickwallblitzTIKTOK: https://www.tiktok.com/@brickwallblitz_?lang=en&is_copy_url...

The narrator has some good points.

• blueman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

What’s funny/sad/I dunno is, we’re all kinda used to these amazing plays. Winning, that’s still a stranger.

Comment

• Bolt-O
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Last season, no lead was safe on either side (except Houston). If the refreshed D can hold a lead, I would be less anxious, and would love to be unexcited for a change.

Comment

• Bolts4ever213
        Day One...
        • Mar 2019
        • Brentwood, 94513
        • Send PM

I saw that a few months ago. It’s quite true. Sometimes you just have to face the truth. Hopefully we switch those things up this year with a more complete team.

Comment

• Charge!
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Aug 2019
          • Send PM

I agree with all of those comments. That's really been the Chargers for my entire life. Many times we have had great offenses or good to great defenses or special teams but never all at same time. Its obvious from the off season moves so far that Staley is trying very hard to change our history and improve all areas of the team so we are no longer a one dimensional team.

I'm really looking forward to this coming season!

Comment

• RTPbolt
            Charger Fan till the end
            • Jun 2013
            • North Carolina
            • Send PM

I saw that as well a while back. He made a lot of good points. That said it was based on last years undermanned defense that really had a lot to do with the roller coaster games of last year that were based on keeping more of the prior defense. I expect better after all our adjustments specific to what Staley wanted in FA and the draft and now post draft signings. Lets hope its even more exciting to watch with even just a good defense in the middle of the pack as i think that turns half those games into wins.

That was entertaining though. Herbies 1st year felt like watching the playoffs each week just with his heroic games and numbers. I had so much fun even losing….that was entertainment.

Comment

• Boltgang74
              We Are The Storm!
              • Aug 2018
              • Send PM

Originally posted by RTPbolt View Post
              I saw that as well a while back. He made a lot of good points. That said it was based on last years undermanned defense that really had a lot to do with the roller coaster games of last year that were based on keeping more of the prior defense. I expect better after all our adjustments specific to what Staley wanted in FA and the draft and now post draft signings. Lets hope its even more exciting to watch with even just a good defense in the middle of the pack as i think that turns half those games into wins.

That was entertaining though. Herbies 1st year felt like watching the playoffs each week just with his heroic games and numbers. I had so much fun even losing….that was entertainment.
              It was very entertaining watchin Herb but now its time to win a trophy.For as long as we have Herbert at QB anything less is a failure.Time to put up or shut up Chargers.

Comment

• RTPbolt
                Charger Fan till the end
                • Jun 2013
                • North Carolina
                • Send PM

Some things just take time to build and refine. With the cap and escalated salaries for certain positions now its really a tough game to manage all the moving parts. Throw in coaching, and how players develop or don't develop according to expectations, injuries, and pure luck and its IMO tough to have a "put up or shut up" attitude to any team with so much variables NOT in a coaches or gm's control. I want to win a Superbowl... dont get me wrong but it takes so many things to go right and often in the right order to even get to the Superbowl.

Case in point Cincinatti last year....they were by no means the top AFC team IMO but just happened to do enough on defense and some offense during the last games to really squeak out wins....it wasn't some miraculous QB performance or anything...just a few things lined up well for them in opponents and matchups and sometimes dumb luck and they made it. I frankly put it on their Defense that really made the stops when the needed it to hold onto wins.

Most teams that weren't already in playoff shape it takes a few years with a new staff to analyze, tweak rosters and game philosophies before they can get all the pieces in place to their system before meaningful and repeatable performance is realistic. I sure wanted Staley to have a #1 D last year but shit we really didn't have all the pieces like he walked into the Rams D situations to get it optimized to be a #1 D. I expect a better D this year but replacing 1/2 the D players doesn't automatically mean they will play great team D immediately either. If we get them working well by midseason I think we can make a push to make the playoffs but there is risk that we may even need another FA/Draft to really get all the pieces in place.

What does it mean to "Shut Up" anyways? If they don't make the playoffs or Superbowl what are you really expecting them to do or are you going to bail? Honestly I'd like to know what that statement really means to you. I can try that with my kids but I sure dont expect that to drive any real change! 8^)

Comment

• sonorajim
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                  Last season, no lead was safe on either side (except Houston). If the refreshed D can hold a lead, I would be less anxious, and would love to be unexcited for a change.
                  Winning is exciting!
                  Knowing that your team will win isn't as anxiety ridden but does invoke a very deep & satisfying pleasure.
                  We don't know that the Chargers will win, only that they should.
                  Exciting!!!

Comment

• Charge!
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Send PM

Some things just take time to build and refine. With the cap and escalated salaries for certain positions now its really a tough game to manage all the moving parts. Throw in coaching, and how players develop or don't develop according to expectations, injuries, and pure luck and its IMO tough to have a "put up or shut up" attitude to any team with so much variables NOT in a coaches or gm's control. I want to win a Superbowl... dont get me wrong but it takes so many things to go right and often in the right order to even get to the Superbowl.

Case in point Cincinatti last year....they were by no means the top AFC team IMO but just happened to do enough on defense and some offense during the last games to really squeak out wins....it wasn't some miraculous QB performance or anything...just a few things lined up well for them in opponents and matchups and sometimes dumb luck and they made it. I frankly put it on their Defense that really made the stops when the needed it to hold onto wins.

Most teams that weren't already in playoff shape it takes a few years with a new staff to analyze, tweak rosters and game philosophies before they can get all the pieces in place to their system before meaningful and repeatable performance is realistic. I sure wanted Staley to have a #1 D last year but shit we really didn't have all the pieces like he walked into the Rams D situations to get it optimized to be a #1 D. I expect a better D this year but replacing 1/2 the D players doesn't automatically mean they will play great team D immediately either. If we get them working well by midseason I think we can make a push to make the playoffs but there is risk that we may even need another FA/Draft to really get all the pieces in place.

What does it mean to "Shut Up" anyways? If they don't make the playoffs or Superbowl what are you really expecting them to do or are you going to bail? Honestly I'd like to know what that statement really means to you. I can try that with my kids but I sure dont expect that to drive any real change! 8^)
                    those are good points. Some things take time and changing out half the defense in one off season is not likely to cause a jump to number one or top 5.....but with better players, our defense should have more playmakers which means that a good play or big play can happen far more often and in close games, it may come down to ONE great play or bad play that determines who wins..... one sack, fumble pick, a tipped/batted ball, or even a tackle short of line to gain, on a critical play can win a game....

and my assumption is that if the guys stay healthy, the defense should get better and better as the season goes along and the players learn the system and how to play together better..... so our bet play will be at end of season and playoffs where it is most needed.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                      We Are The Storm!
                      • Aug 2018
                      • Send PM

It means if we dont go deep in the playoffs THIS year at the very least TT should be shitcanned.Put up or shut up.

Comment

• JPPT1974
                        April Showers and Easter
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

It is about getting in the playoffs that will set the tone as well as winning!

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        😂
                        🥰
                        😘
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😞
                        😡
                        👍