First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xenos
    replied
    Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post

2 PO appearances in 9 years Aint Gangsta.
    The point is that we need more gangsta offseasons like this one from Telesco.

Leave a comment:

• Xenos
    replied
    Originally posted by Velo View Post
    Maybe you are beginning to understand why winning is the only thing that is important in the NFL. The Raiders maintain a fan base in Los Angeles because they won a SB 40 years ago. That is the power of winning.
    So we just need to win a SB and can be perennial losers the next 40 years? Do you see how absurd your ONLY statement is? The Raiders maintained a fan base because of marketing despite losing and no longer being in the city. There are very few Raider fans who remember that SB.

Leave a comment:

• Velo
    replied
    Originally posted by Xenos View Post

But do you see why your response contradicted that winning is the ONLY thing that matters? You can’t just have an arbitrary date that cuts off and have losing be okay once you get a SB. A SB earned almost 40 years ago none the less. It shouldn’t still make the Raiders relevant alone. They had to continue marketing their brand and past achievements.
    Maybe you are beginning to understand why winning is the only thing that is important in the NFL. The Raiders maintain a fan base in Los Angeles because they won a SB 40 years ago. That is the power of winning.

Leave a comment:

• Xenos
    replied
    Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post

Because they built a loyal fanbase thru.......winning.Superbowls cure all ailments.
    But do you see why your response contradicted that winning is the ONLY thing that matters? You can’t just have an arbitrary date that cuts off and have losing be okay once you get a SB. A SB earned almost 40 years ago none the less. It shouldn’t still make the Raiders relevant alone. They had to continue marketing their brand and past achievements.

Leave a comment:

• Boltgang74
    replied

Answer me this then. If winning is the only thing that matters, why is a team like the Raiders still relevant even though they haven’t won a playoff game in 20 years? They’ve had five winning seasons since 2000, and a W/L record of 143-210.
    Because they built a loyal fanbase thru.......winning.Superbowls cure all ailments.

Leave a comment:

• Boltgang74
    replied
    The irony of saying that the Chargers are only known for an anime video is that if you surveyed every expert about our offseason, this would be at the bottom of the list. It’s only getting attention because the draft is over and we’re in the slow part of the year.

But if you go by what others would say for our offseason overall, it would be contender for SB title. Staley brought his killer instincts to this team last year, and it’s reflected in this aggressive offseason and defensive roster change. It helped changed Telesco too.

Speaking of which, this Tweet of gangster Tom is what we should be known for now lol:
    2 PO appearances in 9 years Aint Gangsta.

Leave a comment:

• Xenos
    replied
    Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

I agree about winning.
    Curious about "local fan base"? Sports in general? NFL fans? Rams fans? SD Charger fans?
    A lot of people are making money or otherwise benefiting from LAC. They like us. Women. My granddaughters who were indifferent to the NFL just love LAC's QB. And the brand just looks good. Powder Blue, Bolts, etc.
    The FA signings are recognizeable names.
    We're getting new fans for a variety of reasons.
    The only answer to winning over hard core NFL fans and creating new hard core LAC fans is winning.
    No one is arguing that winning is not the most important thing in football. But the disagreement is that it’s the only thing that matters. It doesn’t reflect the reality of the NFL, and I would say every expert would disagree with what Velo said.

Leave a comment:

• sonorajim
    replied

I worked in public relations in the last half of my career, so I daresay I have a better understanding of marketing than most on this board. In the NFL the only marketing that is effective is winning. That's it. Win, and the fans will follow. It's only when you don't win that you have to beef up your marketing and do thinks like create anime just to get noticed. The Chargers are in a tough situation in LA. Most of the of local fan base doesn't even want them here. The only thing that is going to change that is winning. Not marketing videos. I know you already know that and I can't believe I have to spell it out for you bro. I want the Chargers to create buzz by winning, not for doing videos. It's really not that controversial of a position.
    I agree about winning.
    Curious about "local fan base"? Sports in general? NFL fans? Rams fans? SD Charger fans?
    A lot of people are making money or otherwise benefiting from LAC. They like us. Women. My granddaughters who were indifferent to the NFL just love LAC's QB. And the brand just looks good. Powder Blue, Bolts, etc.
    The FA signings are recognizeable names.
    We're getting new fans for a variety of reasons.
    The only answer to winning over hard core NFL fans and creating new hard core LAC fans is winning.

Leave a comment:

• Xenos
    replied
    Right here is where we are different bro and we will never see eye to eye on this issue. In the NFL, winning isn't everything, it's the only thing.
    Answer me this then. If winning is the only thing that matters, why is a team like the Raiders still relevant even though they haven’t won a playoff game in 20 years? They’ve had five winning seasons since 2000, and a W/L record of 143-210.
    Last edited by Xenos; 05-22-2022, 11:52 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Velo
    replied
    Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Velo does not understand marketing 101. They don’t need to market to TPB members, they don’t even need to make announcements for us. TPB members will to go their facility, peer thru the windows with their camcorder, and post Charger bootleg info. They will hack into the NFL servers and suck out the schedule before its published. TPB members need no marketing.

They are marketing to the rest of the 12 million LA county residents that are either not tuned in to the Chargers or not tuned in to football at all. Posting a football centric collateral is not going to maximize new attention. There well could be more anime fans in LA that we realize. I’m not an anime fan. But my son and his friends sure are. If you don’t get anime, you won’t get this video. I myself don’t get it on a personal level.

And its not like they decided “should we win or should we post anime? Fuck winning, lets make a “cartoon”. I think they want to do both. They have not been good at winning, no doubt. That doesnt mean they don’t want to and aren’t trying to.
    I worked in public relations in the last half of my career, so I daresay I have a better understanding of marketing than most on this board. In the NFL the only marketing that is effective is winning. That's it. Win, and the fans will follow. It's only when you don't win that you have to beef up your marketing and do thinks like create anime just to get noticed. The Chargers are in a tough situation in LA. Most of the of local fan base doesn't even want them here. The only thing that is going to change that is winning. Not marketing videos. I know you already know that and I can't believe I have to spell it out for you bro. I want the Chargers to create buzz by winning, not for doing videos. It's really not that controversial of a position.

Leave a comment:

• Xenos
    replied
    The irony of saying that the Chargers are only known for an anime video is that if you surveyed every expert about our offseason, this would be at the bottom of the list. It’s only getting attention because the draft is over and we’re in the slow part of the year.

But if you go by what others would say for our offseason overall, it would be contender for SB title. Staley brought his killer instincts to this team last year, and it’s reflected in this aggressive offseason and defensive roster change. It helped changed Telesco too.

Speaking of which, this Tweet of gangster Tom is what we should be known for now lol:

Leave a comment:

• Velo
    replied
    ..I completely reject your old school and baseless argument that winning is the only thing that matters.
    Right here is where we are different bro and we will never see eye to eye on this issue. In the NFL, winning isn't everything, it's the only thing.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X