Clear All
  • Velo
    Ride!
    • Aug 2019
    • Everywhere
    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
    I let it go previously when you thought anime and cartoons were the same thing. But now deliberately misspelling anime is just disrespectful.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comme...ing_and_heres/
    Anime and cartoons are the same thing, and here's why:
    https://www.quora.com/Is-anime-a-cartoon
    No matter how you look at it, an anime is a cartoon. The main difference is that an anime is considered a Japanese style of cartoons in the West. Many English-language dictionaries define anime as "a Japanese style of motion-picture animation" or as "a style of animation developed in Japan."

That’s it, Japanese cartoons/animations are called Animes.
    Anime is a unique style of cartoon, but it is a cartoon.

Comment

• Budsman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
      I want the Chargers to make headlines for kicking ass on the field and winning championships, not for juvenile animated schedule releases. Sorry, not sorry. I'm old school.
      Can we have both?

Comment

• foreigner
        Tom Telesco is gone
        • Sep 2013
        • Send PM

I love it!

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Budsman View Post

Can we have both?
          We don't have both though. I really don't care if the Chargers' marketing department wants to create cartoons. And they did get a lot of buzz for it. But I'd rather the Chargers create buzz by winning than for social media. Like I said, I'm old school. Winning is all that matters.
          Last edited by Velo; 05-16-2022, 11:59 AM.

Comment

• foreigner
            Tom Telesco is gone
            • Sep 2013
            • Send PM

I see it more like a sign from God... like The Bears Super Bowl Shuffle...

Comment

• BlazingBolt
              SLAM DUNK!
              • Jun 2013
              • East County San Diego
              • Bolt fanatic
              • Send PM

We don't have both though. I really don't care if the Chargers' marketing department wants to create cartoons. And they did get a lot of buzz for it. But I'd rather the Chargers create buzz by winning than for social media. Like I said, I'm old school. Winning is all that matters.
              You can’t wait to market the team till after you win the Super Bowl. There is value in marketing for any professional sports team in existence in the entire world whether they are winning or not. It’s mind boggling that you don’t understand this. Hell you probably believe advertising doesn’t effect you.

clearly you do care because you are shitting still in this celebration thread.

this video isn’t goood because Spanos only cares about marketing and spends the most so no need to be mad. This video is good because people who work for the team did a great job.
              migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Send PM

Originally posted by BlazingBolt View Post
                There is value in marketing for any professional sports team in existence in the entire world whether they are winning or not.
                The LA market is hostile to the Chargers. No amount of marketing is going to change that. No amount of winning awards for social media is going to create a single new Chargers fan in the Los Angeles area. The only chance the Chargers have of winning new fans in LA is to win on the field.

Comment

• foreigner
                  Tom Telesco is gone
                  • Sep 2013
                  • Send PM

The LA market is hostile to the Chargers. No amount of marketing is going to change that. No amount of winning awards for social media is going to create a single new Chargers fan in the Los Angeles area. The only chance the Chargers have of winning new fans in LA is to win on the field.
                  Many people NOT from LA are starting to like the Chargers just for the video.

Comment

• SuperCharged
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Sep 2019
                    • Utah
                    • Midnight Toker
                    • Send PM

https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comme...ing_and_heres/

Answer (1 of 25): (Edit: I have made a mistake guys, sorry, you please disregard the following text as some cartoons and animes contradict .Now I'd just say, as a comment down below mentioned, the only thing that really makes something an anime is the Japanese influence, forgive me for making a m...

Anime is a unique style of cartoon, but it is a cartoon.
                    Factually this is wrong. 90% of Anime come from Manga. Manga is like a comic book on steroids. Manga is massively popular outside of America and the best sellers almost always get an anime series. Animated Comic book would be closer than cartoon. Hence the nickname Anime.

Comment

• Velo
                      Ride!
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Everywhere
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharged View Post

Factually this is wrong. 90% of Anime come from Manga. Manga is like a comic book on steroids. Manga is massively popular outside of America and the best sellers almost always get an anime series. Animated Comic book would be closer than cartoon.
                      Animated comic book = cartoon.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

Again, you couldn't be more wrong. Here is a story from February in the Las Vegas newspaper that will help you understand why the Raiders, who played in LA until '94, remain popular in Los Angeles. https://www.reviewjournal.com/sports...-town-2528596/

Mark Davis understands why the Raiders still have a fan base in LA, and that is why he was rooting for the Bengals to win.

In the '80s, the Raiders has a gangsta persona, under Al Davis, it's one reason why Marty Schottenheimer didn't like the Raiders or Al Davis, which fueled his motivation to beat them - Raiders week. The Raiders' gangsta persona cemented itself with a certain type of fan in L.A. that has carried over from previous generations.

This is what I'm talking about. No silly amine marketing gimmick is going impress a single football fan in LA.

Again, everything hinges on just one thing:
                        They are going for the “Rams are old guy football, Chargers are hip cool kids football”. Their marketing is too subtle, scattershot and ineffective for that to work imo. Best plan would be to just win more.

Raiders have a national following as faux criminals. wannabes that want to pretend they are tough guys and bad boys want to be associated with Raiders. I know a few of them, every Raider fan I personally know are wannabe bad boys. Their staying power is the eternal presence of delinquents. Jmo, what do I know eh?
                        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

unrelated - i turned on NFL Network last night and they were airing the final raider game. I turned that shit off before they managed to run one fucking play. I’m moving forward.
                          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡