• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Xenos
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

I just think it's trivial and misguided, and not the mark of a franchise with a winning culture.

"We've never won a Super Bowl, and we haven't been able to win despite having a generational talent at QB, but hey our marketing department is kick ass."
    So let me get this straight: even though the FO/coaching staff did a lot this offseason to improve this team, you know, the actual people responsible for prioritizing winning on the field. You instead are going to be mad at the social media team for doing their job and think that has anything to do with a winning culture?

Comment

• Velo
      Ride!
      • Aug 2019
      • Everywhere
      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

So let me get this straight: even though the FO/coaching staff did a lot this offseason to improve this team, you know, the actual people responsible for prioritizing winning on the field. You instead are going to be mad at the social media team for doing their job and think that has anything to do with a winning culture?
      I'm not mad, I just think it's the hallmark of a losing franchise to put so much energy into a marketing gimmick. You don't see the Rams, Bucs, Chiefs or Patriots doing amine schedule releases. You know why? Because they win, they don't need marketing gimmicks. As for improving the team, well, yes, they made a lot of changes, but it remains to be seen whether the team is improved.

Comment

• Xenos
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

I'm not mad, I just think it's the hallmark of a losing franchise to put so much energy into a marketing gimmick. You don't see the Rams, Bucs, Chiefs or Patriots doing amine schedule releases. You know why? Because they win, they don't need marketing gimmicks. As for improving the team, well, yes, they made a lot of changes, but it remains to be seen whether the team is improved.
        So much energy? Once again, it’s two completely different and separate things. Just because our social media team is damn good at their job, it doesn’t take away the resources from the other part of the team. Speaking of which, the other winning NFL teams you mentioned have their own marketing gimmicks. It’s just ours is the best.

Comment

• SuperCharged
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2019
          • Utah
          • Midnight Toker
          • Send PM

What a fascinating thread.:smoking::smoking:

Back to what it's about. I personally am an anime geek and have one thing to say. It's going viral. Mission accomplished....

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
            Fluent in Sarcasm
            • Jun 2013
            • Iowa
            • Man of the People
            • Send PM

Name any major corporation you want and go look at how much they spend on marketing. Marketing is about getting people into your product, in this case the product is Chargers football. Do you not think we could use more people interested in Chargers football? Cause personally I’m sick and tired of HOPING that we have an even split of chargers fans vs opponent fans at home games.

You don’t like the team ‘focusing’ their efforts on an anime video because it takes away from the focus on winning? Well while they’ve been working on this video we have had the best offseason I can remember… If the two are somehow magically related then I hope they do an anime video every single off season so we can duplicate this one.

You don’t like the video, that’s fine. But let’s not pretend that it has in any way taken away from the teams ability to be competitive or even improve. I can also tell you that other teams fans WISH they had a social media team like the Chargers. My brother-in-law is a Packers fan and is constantly lamenting how boring their social media is and wishes the team would give him some content like the Chargers do.

The social media team is the only part of this organization that he actually won a trophy…. Maybe the rest of the team should be putting in work like them.

Comment

• PhilaBoltster
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Mar 2019
              • Send PM

The effort that was put into this video has no bearing on how much or little effort the franchise puts into the on field product, so there is no reason to get upset over it. It would be like getting upset that the team store in the stadium was too nice or the bathrooms were too fancy.

Secondly, in a roundabout way, the more young fans the Chargers can drum up now with stuff even like this will only help the team in the future. More fans = better (actual?) home field advantage.

Comment

• Xenos
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bearded14YourPleasure View Post

Name any major corporation you want and go look at how much they spend on marketing. Marketing is about getting people into your product, in this case the product is Chargers football. Do you not think we could use more people interested in Chargers football? Cause personally I’m sick and tired of HOPING that we have an even split of chargers fans vs opponent fans at home games.

You don’t like the team ‘focusing’ their efforts on an anime video because it takes away from the focus on winning? Well while they’ve been working on this video we have had the best offseason I can remember… If the two are somehow magically related then I hope they do an anime video every single off season so we can duplicate this one.

You don’t like the video, that’s fine. But let’s not pretend that it has in any way taken away from the teams ability to be competitive or even improve. I can also tell you that other teams fans WISH they had a social media team like the Chargers. My brother-in-law is a Packers fan and is constantly lamenting how boring their social media is and wishes the team would give him some content like the Chargers do.

The social media team is the only part of this organization that he actually won a trophy…. Maybe the rest of the team should be putting in work like them.
                Game Show Thank You GIF by Kinda Funny

Comment

• Velo
                  Ride!
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Everywhere
                  • Send PM

The social media team is the only part of this organization that he actually won a trophy….
                  Exactly, this is my point. This is a football team, not a marketing firm. What happened to football?

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
                    Fluent in Sarcasm
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Iowa
                    • Man of the People
                    • Send PM

Exactly, this is my point. This is a football team, not a marketing firm. What happened to football?
                    Your point is that they’re doing their job really well so they should stop doing their job? Amazon isn’t a delivery company, I really wish they would stop delivering my packages so quickly!!

Comment

• equivocation
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Apr 2021
                      • Send PM

Comment

• Velo
                        Ride!
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Everywhere
                        • Send PM

Your point is that they’re doing their job really well so they should stop doing their job? Amazon isn’t a delivery company, I really wish they would stop delivering my packages so quickly!!
                        I want the Spanoses and Telesco to make the Chargers known for winning at football, not social media. And you're wrong about Amazon, they are one of the biggest if not the biggest delivery company in the world.

Comment

• BlazingBolt
                          SLAM DUNK!
                          • Jun 2013
                          • East County San Diego
                          • Bolt fanatic
                          • Send PM

You do realize the Chargers are a PROFESSIONAL football team. They are a business.

if you only care about the team winning and not being successful in any other way you are kind of just being a partial fan.

The social marketing team is part of the franchise, rooting against their success is kind of anti-charger

denying marketing success helps build a fan base is, well dense.

the opinion here is basically that the team shouldn’t market on social media and that is pretty dumb not old school. The marketing success is based on actual chargers, people professionally employed by the team are just as much a part of it as any other part. This is like rooting against the secretary and the janitor. It’s stupid and negative.

even chargers haters are enjoying this and yes clearly it’s helping create fans because everybody is not as weird to have such a silly opinion of I want my team to win on the field and suck at everything else

Posting so much in this thread to shit on the schedule release video and bash the franchise is a wonderful thing to build your reputation and camaraderie among your fellow fans.

verbal diarrhea, what is the point of shitting in this happy thread

migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍