Clear All
  • SuperCharged
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2019
    • Utah
    • Midnight Toker
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
    I want the Chargers to make headlines for kicking ass on the field and winning championships, not for juvenile animated schedule releases. Sorry, not sorry. I'm old school.
    Just for you Velo :shifty:

Check out the best reactions to the Chargers viral anime schedule release video from its first week, including clips from The Pat McAfee Show, ProFootballTalk, and more.

Comment

• Velo
      Ride!
      • Aug 2019
      • Everywhere
      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
      • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharged View Post
      I never contended that the vid didn't create a little buzz, the buzz is why I mentioned it in the first place. Because I want the Chargers to create buzz for kicking arse on the field and winning, not for making animated videos. It makes me roll my eyes to be frank. And while Mike Florio and some other pundits in the NFL universe might make note of it, it's not going to make them Chargers fans. A video is not going to create a single new Chargers fan. Only winning will do that.
      Last edited by Velo; 05-20-2022, 06:49 AM.

Comment

• Budsman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

I never contended that the vid didn't create a little buzz, the buzz is why I mentioned it in the first place. Because I want the Chargers to create buzz for kicking arse on the field and winning, not for making animated videos. It makes me roll my eyes to be frank. And while Mike Florio and some other pundits in the NFL universe might make note of it, it's not going to make them Chargers fans. A video is not going to create a single new Chargers fan. Only winning will do that.
        That’s a silly take and you’ve been ratioed hard on here. Luckily it doesn’t require you to like the video for it to create buzz and more fans. No one needs to convince you of its effectiveness because it’s obvious for the world to see, you just choose to see it differently, it makes no difference. It is what it is and your take is yours and everyone else can see what the real impact is.

The Los Angeles Chargers' schedule release video for the 2022-2023 season came in the form of a colorful anime opening. The video was tweeted on Thursday by the NFL team's official Twitter account and has amassed over 4.7 million views. Like any other anime opening tracks, the introduction also comes with a J-pop theme, Hideuki Asada's “Dream Within a Dream.

The Los Angeles Chargers have officially raised the bar for schedule release videos – and took some impeccable shots at other teams in the process.

From Urban Meyer to Kyler Murray, no one was safe from the Chargers social team with their amazing anime schedule release video.

The Chargers 14-member video/social team in creating the social video trumpeting the release of the team's schedule put together a work of art in what has become a highly competitive business.

Obama Mic Drop GIF by Mashable

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Send PM

Again, I never said it didn't get some attention, I know it did, and that is why I spoke up about it. Again, I would rather the Chargers create buzz by winning. A football team creating an animated video is the mark of a loser culture IMO. The Chargers were all about "the fight for LA" when they moved here five years ago. They lost that fight. The Rams have been to two Super Bowls, winning one. The Chargers haven't been able to get into the playoffs despite lucking into a generational talent at QB in Herbert. They have to do something go get noticed some how, so they make a video. I don't care who agrees or disagrees with me. I admit I am old school. A lot of these new generation fans don't think winning is important apparently, they more interested in social media and videos and seem to believe that marketing is going to grow a fan base. But in the NFL winning still matters. It's not the most important thing, it's the only thing. And that is what is going to grow the fan base, not videos or any amount of marketing. Winning.

Comment

• Boltgang74
            We Are The Storm!
            • Aug 2018
            • Send PM

Again, I never said it didn't get some attention, I know it did, and that is why I spoke up about it. Again, I would rather the Chargers create buzz by winning. A football team creating an animated video is the mark of a loser culture IMO. The Chargers were all about "the fight for LA" when they moved here five years ago. They lost that fight. The Rams have been to two Super Bowls, winning one. The Chargers haven't been able to get into the playoffs despite lucking into a generational talent at QB in Herbert. They have to do something go get noticed some how, so they make a video. I don't care who agrees or disagrees with me. I admit I am old school. A lot of these new generation fans don't think winning is important apparently, they more interested in social media and videos and seem to believe that marketing is going to grow a fan base. But in the NFL winning still matters. It's not the most important thing, it's the only thing. And that is what is going to grow the fan base, not videos or any amount of marketing. Winning.
            Gotta admit as negative as it sounds this here sums it up.Win.Period.

Comment

• Bolt-O
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

The Chargers aren't just a "Just Win, Baby" organization, otherwise they would have produced the crap Release Video that the Raiders put out ... just a video that looked like it was created by the Greater Las Vegas Tourism Board.

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post

Man, I hope Staley can change the culture in the organization. IMO, the Spanos family is too used to losing and that's all they know. Telesco has been GM so long through so many losing seasons he doesn't know how to build a winning culture. Staley is their last best hope IMO.

Comment

• Budsman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

So an anime kid who isn’t much into football but sees this and decides to like the chargers isn’t valuable for the team? Not every football fan is a diehard forum member. If you don’t think the buzz this causes can help create a better home field advantage and even away team advantage for the chargers I don’t know what to tell you. The Chargers pr team did a good job here and actively helped the team on the field. This is a huge win and it created national buzz for the team that will translate to more eyeballs and people who will root for the team. Sure it won’t create die hard fans but it will give the chargers more younger followers.

Comment

• Xenos
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post

The problem is that Velo is confusing two separate things. No one is disputing that winning on the field is important. What people like myself is saying that there’s nothing wrong with marketing as well because it helps bring in new fans, which is also important. Velo can’t seem to understand that for some reason.

Comment

• Xenos
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Winning isn’t the only thing. This is why people like me are giving you grief. There’s so many different components to running a business like an NFL team. You are being too narrow minded in your thinking. I disagree with you because you’re wrong.

Comment

• Xenos
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Winning is the most important thing. But it’s not the only thing needed to grow and sustain a fan base. If it was the only thing, the Rams wouldn’t still be struggling with opposing fans invading their stadium. The NFL is the most popular sport in America and yet, despite the recent two SB visits and a ring, the Rams are still way below the Dodgers, Lakers, USC, etc. If winning was the only thing, why are the Rams wasting time making a Top Gun commercial?

Comment

• Xenos
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Rams only care about winning. Oh wait….

Comment

Working...
                          X