• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ChargersPowderBlue
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Aug 2019
    • Send PM

I had a look at these videos telling what the anime references are.

I did an edit of the LA Chargers 2022 Schedule#anime #edit #NFL #Football #demonslayer #OnePiece #JOJO #AOT #LA #LAChargers #FoodWars #meme

I show all the references I could find in the Chargers incredible schedule release anime opening. Let me know which ones I missed in the comments.

They gave you some names. But there's still others that aren't clearly known.

The week 11 Chiefs game is Odd Taxi. The week 2 Chiefs is probably Neon Genesis Evangelion, Gurren Laggann, or Tenkai Knights.

Jo Jo's Bizarre Adventure is the Texans game.

Asuna and Sword Art Online seems to be the reference for the week 5 game against the Browns.

The Jaguars one looks like Beastars. If it isn't Beastars then I don't know what it is.

The Seahawks one might be a reference to Cowboy Bebop, but I'm not too sure about it. There's many anime where a character goes to the graveyard.

Colts game might be A Silent Voice.

People say the Dolphins one is My Senpai Is Annoying.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Aug 2019
      • Send PM

I checked out other teams' videos for their schedule release. I have to say that the schedule release video for other teams are boring. I guess the people doing the Chargers' anime video have something good going. Something that will catch on and garner new fans. I'm going to disagree about winning being the sole thing to bring in new fans. The Chargers have certain things going for them to build the fanbase. Something like what the social media team is doing with the video could add on to them.

Since this topic involves the talk of anime I think this can be a place to talk about it. When the Chargers went 14-2 in the 2006 season, anime was still having a breakthrough in becoming known. When the anime for Death Note came out, it coincided with the time of the Chargers 2006 season. Anime has gotten even bigger now. It is much more popular now than it was in the past.

I'm not a fan of stuff like My Hero Academia, JoJo Bizarre Adventure, Fist of the North Star, or One Punch Man. There's a lot of good series besides the mainstream anime series. From among those I like Dragon Ball Z/ Dragon Ball Super. I've always liked the franchise. A couple of series I find myself liking are Kaguya-sama: Love is War and Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai. Things about these shows stand out to me. Then there's many other anime series I like too. There's a lot of good stuff.

Comment

• Xenos
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post
        I checked out other teams' videos for their schedule release. I have to say that the schedule release video for other teams are boring. I guess the people doing the Chargers' anime video have something good going. Something that will catch on and garner new fans. I'm going to disagree about winning being the sole thing to bring in new fans. The Chargers have certain things going for them to build the fanbase. Something like what the social media team is doing with the video could add on to them.

Since this topic involves the talk of anime I think this can be a place to talk about it. When the Chargers went 14-2 in the 2006 season, anime was still having a breakthrough in becoming known. When the anime for Death Note came out, it coincided with the time of the Chargers 2006 season. Anime has gotten even bigger now. It is much more popular now than it was in the past.

I'm not a fan of stuff like My Hero Academia, JoJo Bizarre Adventure, Fist of the North Star, or One Punch Man. There's a lot of good series besides the mainstream anime series. From among those I like Dragon Ball Z/ Dragon Ball Super. I've always liked the franchise. A couple of series I find myself liking are Kaguya-sama: Love is War and Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai. Things about these shows stand out to me. Then there's many other anime series I like too. There's a lot of good stuff.
        haikyuu is also pretty amazing. It’s a volleyball anime and is referenced in the video.

Comment

• equivocation
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2021
          • Send PM

Apparently this is the Browns/Watson reference.

Comment

• Xenos
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post

Apparently this is the Browns/Watson reference.
            This makes it even more amazing.

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡