First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bearded14YourPleasure
    replied
    Originally posted by Velo View Post

I'm not mad, I just think it's the hallmark of a losing franchise to put so much energy into a marketing gimmick. You don't see the Rams, Bucs, Chiefs or Patriots doing amine schedule releases. You know why? Because they win, they don't need marketing gimmicks. As for improving the team, well, yes, they made a lot of changes, but it remains to be seen whether the team is improved.
    Name any major corporation you want and go look at how much they spend on marketing. Marketing is about getting people into your product, in this case the product is Chargers football. Do you not think we could use more people interested in Chargers football? Cause personally I’m sick and tired of HOPING that we have an even split of chargers fans vs opponent fans at home games.

You don’t like the team ‘focusing’ their efforts on an anime video because it takes away from the focus on winning? Well while they’ve been working on this video we have had the best offseason I can remember… If the two are somehow magically related then I hope they do an anime video every single off season so we can duplicate this one.

You don’t like the video, that’s fine. But let’s not pretend that it has in any way taken away from the teams ability to be competitive or even improve. I can also tell you that other teams fans WISH they had a social media team like the Chargers. My brother-in-law is a Packers fan and is constantly lamenting how boring their social media is and wishes the team would give him some content like the Chargers do.

The social media team is the only part of this organization that he actually won a trophy…. Maybe the rest of the team should be putting in work like them.

Leave a comment:

• SuperCharged
    replied
    What a fascinating thread.:smoking::smoking:

Back to what it's about. I personally am an anime geek and have one thing to say. It's going viral. Mission accomplished....

Leave a comment:

• Xenos
    replied

I'm not mad, I just think it's the hallmark of a losing franchise to put so much energy into a marketing gimmick. You don't see the Rams, Bucs, Chiefs or Patriots doing amine schedule releases. You know why? Because they win, they don't need marketing gimmicks. As for improving the team, well, yes, they made a lot of changes, but it remains to be seen whether the team is improved.
    So much energy? Once again, it’s two completely different and separate things. Just because our social media team is damn good at their job, it doesn’t take away the resources from the other part of the team. Speaking of which, the other winning NFL teams you mentioned have their own marketing gimmicks. It’s just ours is the best.

Leave a comment:

• Velo
    replied
    Originally posted by Xenos View Post

So let me get this straight: even though the FO/coaching staff did a lot this offseason to improve this team, you know, the actual people responsible for prioritizing winning on the field. You instead are going to be mad at the social media team for doing their job and think that has anything to do with a winning culture?

Leave a comment:

• Xenos
    replied

I just think it's trivial and misguided, and not the mark of a franchise with a winning culture.

"We've never won a Super Bowl, and we haven't been able to win despite having a generational talent at QB, but hey our marketing department is kick ass."
    So let me get this straight: even though the FO/coaching staff did a lot this offseason to improve this team, you know, the actual people responsible for prioritizing winning on the field. You instead are going to be mad at the social media team for doing their job and think that has anything to do with a winning culture?

Leave a comment:

• Velo
    replied
    Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
    If you're going to do anything, including schedule releases, shouldn't you strive to be the best?
    I'm genuinely puzzled by the protest against anything we do well.
    Off season boredom I suppose?

Come on man, let's boltup together, it's the best way!!
    I just think it's trivial and misguided, and not the mark of a franchise with a winning culture.

"We've never won a Super Bowl, and we haven't been able to win despite having a generational talent at QB, but hey our marketing department is kick ass."

Leave a comment:

• 21&500
    replied
    Originally posted by Xenos View Post
    Thank you for getting the obvious.
    That's the only area I feel confident in, everything else I defer to Lord Freak to tell me how to think.

Leave a comment:

• Xenos
    replied

Any team that has a department within its organization that doesn't prioritize winning is doomed.
    Marketing’s priority isn’t winning football games. I don’t understand why you’re having such a difficult time comprehending this.

Leave a comment:

• 21&500
    replied
    If you're going to do anything, including schedule releases, shouldn't you strive to be the best?
    I'm genuinely puzzled by the protest against anything we do well.
    Off season boredom I suppose?

Come on man, let's boltup together, it's the best way!!

Leave a comment:

• Velo
    replied
    Originally posted by equivocation View Post

I can walk and chew bubble gum at the same time. They paid someone to do this. They got more views than the Formula 1 race in Miami for a tiny fraction of the cost. F1 is doing those races as a loss leader strategy.

Okay, really really done.
    See, this is where I don't get it. Getting views on social media for a marketing gimmick is pointless IMO, if you are serious about building a winning football team.

Leave a comment:

• Xenos
    replied
    Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

You want the marketing team to focus on football?
    shouldn't we just leave that to the coaches, players and front office?
    I'm old school like that.
    Thank you for getting the obvious.

Leave a comment:

• Xenos
    replied

Anime is going to recruit new fans? I must be really old school, because here I was under the belief that winning was the way to build a fan base

The Chargers drafted maybe the best QB talent this century. After two record-breaking seasons, the team still hasn't made the playoffs and it has a losing record over those two seasons. But hey the marketing department makes the best cartoons in the league.
    Maybe we shouldn’t have switched back to powderblue uniforms then since that obviously was a waste of time according to you.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X