• Show
Clear All
  • QSmokey
    Guardedly Optimistic
    • Jun 2013
    • Kuna, Idaho
    • Retired
    • Send PM

Another good signing. I see no rush to trade Tillery; not sure he'd fetch all that much, anyway. Rather keep him around, for cheap, and see if he can at least offer some injury insurance.

Comment

• Heatmiser
      HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

I liked Fox a lot on the Rams, especially during the Staley year and I was saying to myself at the time, “Why can’t the Chargers get a player like that?” I did not watch him last season at all so don’t know what his deal is. But if he is close to what he was for Rams he is a great situational backup who can log snaps during every game and also start in a pinch. Great signing. And he can, indeed, play inside. Just is not a space eating NT

TG
      Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
        Brock Bowers N.M.W.
        • Feb 2019
        • McLean Illinois
        • Pipefitter Illinois State University
        • Send PM

This is what championship depth looks like...."decent" seasoned vets backing up stars or very solid journeyman, so they can lick their wounds and rest mid to late season, and be effective down the stretch/playoffs...and if god forbid we lose a man or two, we won't be leaning on street FA's and undrafted rookies...and these last three signings have been shrewd capwise. Nothing to throw a party over, but very reassuring.

Ourlads isn't perfect...Fox is edge/interior rush piece...not a backup DT.
        The TPB makes plans....

And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Comment

• Heatmiser
          HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

I think the 260 listing may be a bit light. He is built a lot like Bosa and he can provide inside pass rush. If you watch some of his rams highlights he gets to the QB, even when Donald is not on the field.

TG
          Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Aug 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Well currently we have 4 at edge with Mack, Bosa, Rumph, and Fox. Maybe KVN will flex between edge and LB.

With DTs, the top 5 are SJD, Johnson, Otito, Covington, and Tillery.
            Fox appears to be an inside player to me. I don't want to experiment with slow players on the edge like Rochell again, no thanks.

Covington isn't a guarantee to make the roster. Same reason as Storm Norton or other players who came back on a one year deal. Covington may have played for the team last year, but he has to prove himself again. I prefer the upside of Gaziano, Fehoko, and Merrill to Covington who may have just peaked. Fox is good competition to push the guys already on the roster. We all have our opinions on who should make the official roster. Ultimately, it's Staley's decision.

Comment

• chargeroo
              Fan since 1961
              • Jan 2019
              • Oregon
              • Retired Manager/Pastor
              • Send PM

Well currently we have 4 at edge with Mack, Bosa, Rumph, and Fox. Maybe KVN will flex between edge and LB.

With DTs, the top 5 are SJD, Johnson, Otito, Covington, and Tillery.
              Who dat -KVN?
              THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
                Fluent in Sarcasm
                • Jun 2013
                • Iowa
                • Man of the People
                • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                Who dat -KVN?
                Kyle Van Noy

Comment

• SuperCharged
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Sep 2019
                  • Utah
                  • Midnight Toker
                  • Send PM

Yet more depth. TT really loaded up the trenches this year. I am so thankful. I can't wait to see year #2 with Staley's D and Lombardi's O.

I think we're going to have a wicked D. You can't sleep even on the rotation guys :koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::drool::drool::drool:

Comment

• powderblueboy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • Send PM

I see him as edge depth than an interior DL. He’s only listed as 260 lbs.
                    That's okay,
                    many people here want him to gain 40 pounds and trade Tillery for a punter.

Comment

• Boltnut
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

The 1 thing I thought we lacked was a good pass rushing 4i opposite Tillery. Now we have one. Nice pick-up.
                      One of the menacing defensive fronts that the Rams used to put out there on passing downs was a 4-2 disguised as a 5-1.
                      They'd put pass rushers up against the guards and tackles... then feign bringing a LB against the center. Most of the time they'd drop the LB into coverage post-snap.
                      Because the center had to account for the possible LB blitz, it left the guards and tackle one-on-one vs the 4i's and OLB's.

Bosa ^ Tillery ^ Fox ^ Mack

That should be a nightmare to block on 3rd-and-long.
                      The DL is now very deep.

Comment

• equivocation
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2021
                        • Send PM

Remember last year when we were excited about Forrest Merril? Yeah...

I don't know who all is making the final 53 but I expect much fresher legs in the trenches this year.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bearded14YourPleasure View Post

Kyle Van Noy
                          Chargeroo meant what about KVN at edge?

In effect, they have 5 players at edge.

Comment

Working...
                          X