• Show
Clear All
  • Steve
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • South Carolina
    • Meteorologist
    • Send PM

Fox is more of an inside player than outside, or at least that is how NFL teams have used him.
    According to PFF he has lined up at:
    Career........................NT 85, DT 445, over OT 803, and outside 386.
    In 2021 for Carolina...NT 29, DT 113, over OT 266, and outside 152.
    In 2020 for the Rams..NT 9, DT 90, over OT 172, and outside 73.

Watching him play some, he lack the speed and burst to be a great edge rusher. Not really big or quick enough to be a great inside rusher. While he is not great, he does get some push on his pass rush and he may not get to the QB but he does take good angles and can force the QB to get rid of the ball some. He can play along the line, but he is a DE/DT tweener. He can be used to compliment better players, but the more he plays the less you notice him.

Someone above said he was 260, but PFF has him listed at 275 lbs. That being said, he is too small to be an every-down 34 DE, so he mostly plays in pass rush (nickel and dime) getting about 20-25 plays per game. The Rams used him so they could move their better players around, and he lined up to allow that to happen. He is not a guy you scheme around (he isn't good enough), but his position flexibility allow you to do that with others. His sacks were not him winning plays but he can get by OL in man-on-man situations and finish up when others forced the QB off his mark or the QB holds the ball too long.

Comment

• 21&500
      Bolt Spit-Baller
      • Sep 2018
      • A Whale's Vajayjay
      • CMB refugee
      • Send PM

My analysis determined that he will NOT be the white guy wearing 97 for us.
      more to come....
      .005 Brock Bowers, TE/HB/SR Georgia
      .037 Braden Fiske, DT Florida St.
      .069 Mike Sainristil, CB Michigan
      .105 Brenden Rice, WR USC
      .110 Mason McCormick, OG/OC S. Dakota St.
      .140 Zak Zinter, OG Michigan
      .181 Nehemiah Pritchett, CB Auburn
      .225 Ainias Smith, WR Texas A&M
      .253 Carson Steele, RB UCLA

Comment

• Charge!
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Aug 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post
        In 2020 with the Rams and Staley he had 6 sacks, which is way higher than any other year. While it pays to line up with Aaron Donald, it seems that BS knew where to put him so he could succeed. I like the signing. Time to trade Tillery???
        Trade tillery for a RT

Comment

• Charge!
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Aug 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Fourth member of the 2020 Rams to join Coach Staley across the parking lot.
          Another Great add!

With the many players that they have added shows how much Staley realized our defense needed major improvement....

Comment

• Formula 21
            The Future is Now
            • Jun 2013
            • Republic of San Diego
            • Send PM

In 2020 with the Rams and Staley he had 6 sacks, which is way higher than any other year. While it pays to line up with Aaron Donald, it seems that BS knew where to put him so he could succeed. I like the signing. Time to trade Tillery???
            I’d suspect you could get more trading Norton than Tillery. Both are poor performers, but Norton plays a harder to fill position
            Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
            The Wasted Decade is done.
            Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
              The Future is Now
              • Jun 2013
              • Republic of San Diego
              • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

Fox appears to be an inside player to me. I don't want to experiment with slow players on the edge like Rochell again, no thanks.

Covington isn't a guarantee to make the roster. Same reason as Storm Norton or other players who came back on a one year deal. Covington may have played for the team last year, but he has to prove himself again. I prefer the upside of Gaziano, Fehoko, and Merrill to Covington who may have just peaked. Fox is good competition to push the guys already on the roster. We all have our opinions on who should make the official roster. Ultimately, it's Staley's decision.
              I’ll be watching Gaziano, Fehoko, and Merrill in traning camp and hoping one can take a big step up this year. I like power guys on the DL.
              Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

Cam Thomas would sure look great on this DL.
                Build Back Better.

Comment

• eaterfan
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2020
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

I’d suspect you could get more trading Norton than Tillery. Both are poor performers, but Norton plays a harder to fill position
                  Haha. I was just going to post that the only RT Tillery could bring back in a trade would be Norton. But I think you are right that Norton probably is more valuable at this point.

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Who would want him? "Titanic" Tillery not exactly a hot commodity...

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post
                      Remember last year when we were excited about Forrest Merril? Yeah...

I don't know who all is making the final 53 but I expect much fresher legs in the trenches this year.
                      Now that the Bolts have Mack at the other edge, if they rotate Merrill with Tillery/Fox once in a while, Fireplug Forrest might actually show a few MORE flashes...

Comment

• powderblueboy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2017
                        • Send PM

Staley said that they had plans for Tillery this year. Fox replicates Tillery's skill set as a primarily inside pass rusher.

I wonder if Tillery's recent foray in the New York real estate market had anything to do with the signing?

It kind of indicates a not too complete focus on the upcoming season.

Comment

• equivocation
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Apr 2021
                          • Send PM

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘