• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eaterfan
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2020
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
    Someone posted this in another forum but Fox has 7th highest double team rate.. not great win rate. But eats up double teams which should help our other guys.

I wonder how often he was doubled on the Rams and what his pass rush win rate looked like there. I think he will face fewer double teams playing with Mack and Bosa... Not that Burns is a slouch, but having 2 guys who need lots of attention instead of 1 makes a big difference, I think.

Comment

• blueman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Anybody who can take on a double, yes please. Tired of watching one blocker take out two of our guys..

Comment

• Velo
        Ride!
        • Aug 2019
        • Everywhere
        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
        • Send PM

I'm confused whether Morgan Fox is a DE or a DT. I see him listed as a DE, and he doesn't really have the mass in the a** to be an interior DL.

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post
          If I were Tillery I would be making sure this is the year I figured it out and put it all together or people like Fox and other signings will be taking my place.
          How prophetic this comment turned out to be.

Comment

• Velo
            Ride!
            • Aug 2019
            • Everywhere
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
            Fox is more of an inside player than outside, or at least that is how NFL teams have used him.
            According to PFF he has lined up at:
            Career........................NT 85, DT 445, over OT 803, and outside 386.
            In 2021 for Carolina...NT 29, DT 113, over OT 266, and outside 152.
            In 2020 for the Rams..NT 9, DT 90, over OT 172, and outside 73.

Watching him play some, he lack the speed and burst to be a great edge rusher. Not really big or quick enough to be a great inside rusher. While he is not great, he does get some push on his pass rush and he may not get to the QB but he does take good angles and can force the QB to get rid of the ball some. He can play along the line, but he is a DE/DT tweener. He can be used to compliment better players, but the more he plays the less you notice him.

Someone above said he was 260, but PFF has him listed at 275 lbs. That being said, he is too small to be an every-down 34 DE, so he mostly plays in pass rush (nickel and dime) getting about 20-25 plays per game. The Rams used him so they could move their better players around, and he lined up to allow that to happen. He is not a guy you scheme around (he isn't good enough), but his position flexibility allow you to do that with others. His sacks were not him winning plays but he can get by OL in man-on-man situations and finish up when others forced the QB off his mark or the QB holds the ball too long.
            Excellent. This answers my questions about Fox.

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
              Fluent in Sarcasm
              • Jun 2013
              • Iowa
              • Man of the People
              • Send PM

Fox will be wearing #56. Maybe he changes back to a number in the 90s after cuts.

Comment

• Bayareaboltfan
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Aug 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Well currently we have 4 at edge with Mack, Bosa, Rumph, and Fox. Maybe KVN will flex between edge and LB.

With DTs, the top 5 are SJD, Johnson, Otito, Covington, and Tillery.
                Lets not forget Fehoko! He was absolutely solid for us last year!

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                  Beef Before Gazelles
                  • May 2021
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bayareaboltfan View Post

Lets not forget Fehoko! He was absolutely solid for us last year!
                  With the experience that in-their-prime guys like Joseph-Day and A.Johnson bring, plus the re-signing of Covington, IMO Ogbonnia would have to play REALLY well to earn reps that would take snaps away from guys who are already proven to be system-worthy. I figure the same is true for Fehoko, albeit he has a year of the system under his belt.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                    Beef Before Gazelles
                    • May 2021
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bearded14YourPleasure View Post
                    Fox will be wearing #56. Maybe he changes back to a number in the 90s after cuts.
                    The "numbers things" is pretty curious.

Dozens of NFL players switched to single digit numbers, once the rules permitted it. Newcoming TE Gerald Everett is wearing '7', after wearing numbers in the 80s during his previous 6 NFL seasons. Derwin James is now wearing '3'. He chose to wait a season before making the switch, allowing the officially licensed manufacturers of jerseys to sell out their pre-made stock of 33's. James would otherwise have been obligated to buy that stock out himself!

Other non-QBs and Kickers who wear single digits with the Bolts: Kenneth Murray (9), Kyle Van Noy (8) and Josh Palmer (5).

I'm guessing that the NFL rules do not permit wearing '0' or '00', because we'd undoubtedly be seeing plenty of it, if it WERE permitted.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Personally, the old number scheme made it easier to watch the game, particularly of other teams, but it really doesn't matter (except for offensive lineman, for the officials sake.). The Chargers generally don't reserve numbers now, beside the retired 14, 19, 21 and 55,

I would have liked Kenneth Murray to earn the 9, though.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                        French Speaking Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Québec city
                        • Send PM

Morgan Fox ?
                        I prefer Megan Fox !

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
                          Fluent in Sarcasm
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Iowa
                          • Man of the People
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

The "numbers things" is pretty curious.

Dozens of NFL players switched to single digit numbers, once the rules permitted it. Newcoming TE Gerald Everett is wearing '7', after wearing numbers in the 80s during his previous 6 NFL seasons. Derwin James is now wearing '3'. He chose to wait a season before making the switch, allowing the officially licensed manufacturers of jerseys to sell out their pre-made stock of 33's. James would otherwise have been obligated to buy that stock out himself!

Other non-QBs and Kickers who wear single digits with the Bolts: Kenneth Murray (9), Kyle Van Noy (8) and Josh Palmer (5).

I'm guessing that the NFL rules do not permit wearing '0' or '00', because we'd undoubtedly be seeing plenty of it, if it WERE permitted.
                          To be fair to Fox his previous numbers of 97 and 91 are taken, along with all other numbers in the 90s. The numbers thing in the NFL doesn’t really bother me since college has always been a free for all with numbers. At least the NFL is keeping it to one of each number per team unlike college where you can have the same number for a guy on offense and on defense.

Comment

Working...
                          X