Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heatmiser
    replied
    I think the 260 listing may be a bit light. He is built a lot like Bosa and he can provide inside pass rush. If you watch some of his rams highlights he gets to the QB, even when Donald is not on the field.

TG

Leave a comment:

• Lone Bolt
    replied
    This is what championship depth looks like...."decent" seasoned vets backing up stars or very solid journeyman, so they can lick their wounds and rest mid to late season, and be effective down the stretch/playoffs...and if god forbid we lose a man or two, we won't be leaning on street FA's and undrafted rookies...and these last three signings have been shrewd capwise. Nothing to throw a party over, but very reassuring.

Ourlads isn't perfect...Fox is edge/interior rush piece...not a backup DT.

Leave a comment:

• Heatmiser
    replied
    I liked Fox a lot on the Rams, especially during the Staley year and I was saying to myself at the time, “Why can’t the Chargers get a player like that?” I did not watch him last season at all so don’t know what his deal is. But if he is close to what he was for Rams he is a great situational backup who can log snaps during every game and also start in a pinch. Great signing. And he can, indeed, play inside. Just is not a space eating NT

TG

Leave a comment:

• QSmokey
    replied
    Another good signing. I see no rush to trade Tillery; not sure he'd fetch all that much, anyway. Rather keep him around, for cheap, and see if he can at least offer some injury insurance.

Leave a comment:

• Xenos
    replied
    Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
    According to Ourlad, M. Fox is the 2nd backup to A. Johnson after C. Covington.
    That makes no sense whatsoever. Ourlad is just making it up now.

Leave a comment:

• Xenos
    replied
    Originally posted by PR#1 View Post

Have the Chargers signed enough Beef right up the middle ?

That is the question
    Well currently we have 4 at edge with Mack, Bosa, Rumph, and Fox. Maybe KVN will flex between edge and LB.

With DTs, the top 5 are SJD, Johnson, Otito, Covington, and Tillery.

Leave a comment:

• Maniaque 6
    replied
    According to Ourlad, M. Fox is the 2nd backup to A. Johnson after C. Covington.

Leave a comment:

• PR#1
    replied
    Originally posted by Xenos View Post

I see him as edge depth than an interior DL. He’s only listed as 260 lbs.
    Have the Chargers signed enough Beef right up the middle ?

That is the question

Leave a comment:

• Xenos
    replied
    Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post
    If I were Tillery I would be making sure this is the year I figured it out and put it all together or people like Fox and other signings will be taking my place.
    I see him as edge depth than an interior DL. He’s only listed as 260 lbs.

Leave a comment:

• Bearded14YourPleasure
    replied
    There are going to be some serious camp battles going this year. I honestly can’t remember the last time we had quality depth at so many positions. Usually we’re talking ourselves into a few UDFAs making the roster but this year we are going to be cutting guys that will go on to contribute to other teams.

Leave a comment:

• chargeroo
    replied
    It seems like TT is playing this FA season like a Stradivarius.

Leave a comment:

• La Costa Boy
    replied
    In 2020 with the Rams and Staley he had 6 sacks, which is way higher than any other year. While it pays to line up with Aaron Donald, it seems that BS knew where to put him so he could succeed. I like the signing. Time to trade Tillery???

Leave a comment:

Working...
X