• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sonorajim
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Slater & Pipkins are training with Manyweather during the break. https://www.boltsfromtheblue.com/202...ke-manyweather

Comment

• chargeroo
      Fan since 1961
      • Jan 2019
      • Oregon
      • Retired Manager/Pastor
      • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post
      Slater & Pipkins are training with Manyweather during the break. https://www.boltsfromtheblue.com/202...ke-manyweather
      Young guys that are willing to work at it during their "off-season". That's a good sign.
      THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• DerwinBosa
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2022
        • Send PM

Just read an article in The Athletic about it. Pipkins sounds like a player who's hungry to win a starting job and keep developing into a very good offensive lineman. If he has a good year perhaps we can sign him to a cap-friendly extension and have one of the best offensive lines for the next handful of seasons.

I have given up on Storm Norton. I have seen enough.
        Pipkins credits his training in Texas with offensive line coach Duke Manyweather and other offensive linemen for changes in his game.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          Day Tripper
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

Just read an article in The Athletic about it. Pipkins sounds like a player who's hungry to win a starting job and keep developing into a very good offensive lineman. If he has a good year perhaps we can sign him to a cap-friendly extension and have one of the best offensive lines for the next handful of seasons.

I have given up on Storm Norton. I have seen enough.
          I second this. I don’t know why I think this is the year we see Pipkins make that leap to credible consistent RT starter. I just got this feeling. I’ve got nothing more than a feeling. I too have seen enough of Norton - I think we know his ceiling and its not championship level. Its a liability that requires assistance.
          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Maniaque 6
            French Speaking Charger Fan
            • Jan 2019
            • Québec city
            • Send PM

RT is the only ? I have for this offense.
            If Pip is able to do the job, I would be very pleased.
            But I doubt it.

Comment

• 21&500
              Bolt Spit-Baller
              • Sep 2018
              • A Whale's Vajayjay
              • CMB refugee
              • Send PM

I'm not going to any practices this year but if anyone does, please keep an eye on Pip and let us know what you see as objectivity as possible.
              I'm sure there will be popper's takes, but we would all appreciate collateral perspectives.
              TIA
              Gimmie Bower Power!!

Comment

• sonorajim
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Pipkins played a couple of clean games last year. 1 at LT, 1 at RT. He did not look good on jumbo/ ST blocks.
                I believe that he'll be a better than avg starting RT this year. Add the talented Zion Johnson at RG and we're a complete OL.
                It'll be interesting.

Comment

• chargeroo
                  Fan since 1961
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Oregon
                  • Retired Manager/Pastor
                  • Send PM

I wouldn't bet the farm on Pipkins but it sure would be great if he actually is ready to take over that RT spot and do it well.

Am I the only one a bit bothered by the thought of a rookie RT and an inexperienced RT playing next to each other?

As for Norton, he'll do as swing tackle. We do need depth. We should also allow for the possibility that Norton will come in to TC and be improved. We never know.
                  THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                    French Speaking Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Québec city
                    • Send PM

You mean a rookie RG and an inexperienced RT playing next to each other ?
                    Could'nt be worst than Scho and Norton !

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
                      You mean a rookie RG and an inexperienced RT playing next to each other ?
                      Could'nt be worst than Scho and Norton !
                      I see it as a more talented RG and an improved RT. We were better with Aboushi at RG than Schofield. Our inexperienced rookie LT sure looked good.

We'll see.
                      11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia (plus AZ 2025 1st)
                      35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
                      37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
                      66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
                      69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
                      100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
                      110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
                      140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
                      181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
                      225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

• sonorajim
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                        I wouldn't bet the farm on Pipkins but it sure would be great if he actually is ready to take over that RT spot and do it well.

Am I the only one a bit bothered by the thought of a rookie RT and an inexperienced RT playing next to each other?

As for Norton, he'll do as swing tackle. We do need depth. We should also allow for the possibility that Norton will come in to TC and be improved. We never know.
                        I'm not worried about Zion. He had a lot of fans in draft lead up and is an unusually bright problem solver and worker in an NFL OL body.
                        We could be wrong but he looks pretty good going in. I think Pip gets the RT job. He has some experience and it looks like his time is now.
                        Schofield & Norton set a low bar. Zion & Pip may start at that level but should improve rapidly.
                        Still it's all guess work 'till we see them in pads.

ps: I believe Norton will be improved after his 1st season as an NFL starter. I think Pipkins has more to offer.

Comment

• Charge!
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Send PM

I'm not worried about Zion. He had a lot of fans in draft lead up and is an unusually bright problem solver and worker in an NFL OL body.
                          We could be wrong but he looks pretty good going in. I think Pip gets the RT job. He has some experience and it looks like his time is now.
                          Schofield & Norton set a low bar. Zion & Pip may start at that level but should improve rapidly.
                          Still it's all guess work 'till we see them in pads.

ps: I believe Norton will be improved after his 1st season as an NFL starter. I think Pipkins has more to offer.
                          agree....... not worried about zion....usually the top OG's usually play really well as rookies...... people just sometimes debate using 1st rounders on OG's, but great ones are usually worth it..... OG's, even great ones are usually drafted lower than their talent as players projects, because other positions are viewed as more important to more difficult to fill...... you can get solid OG's in FA......

Comment

Working...
                          X