Clear All
  • captaind
    Cook This Pork Chops
    • Jun 2013
    • Mars
    • Ball Holder
    • Send PM

NFL Will Select New Sunday Ticket Partner by Fall

NFL will select new Sunday Ticket partner by fall, Commissioner Roger Goodell says (cnbc.com)

The National Football League plans to select a streaming service as its new Sunday Ticket partner and will choose a winner by the fall, Commissioner Roger Goodell said Friday.

“I clearly believe we’ll be moving to a streaming service,” Goodell told CNBC’s Julia Boorstin in an exclusive interview at the Allen & Co. Sun Valley conference in Idaho. “I think that’s best for consumers at this stage.”
    Long overdue. I cut the cord a long time ago.
  • Velo
    Ride!
    • Aug 2019
    • Everywhere
    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
    • Send PM

If it's Amazon Prime, which I already have, I might consider it, assuming it will be premium subscription you have to pay extra for. But most likely I will just continue to stream for free from the Reddit links, as I have for the past 4-5 seasons.

Comment

• Boltdiehard
      The Precious
      • May 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by captaind View Post
      Yep and as soon as AT&T bought DTV it went crap in a hurry. They still call me wanting me back.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

Originally posted by captaind View Post
        This would replace the Direct TV NFL ticket, wouldn’t it? E.g. the addicts who want access to 12-16 games a week? They wouldn’t ditch the local (national) broadcasts, would they?

I bought NFL Ticket when I lived in Detroit for 5 yrs so I could watch Chargers … long ago. It was $140 i think. No idea modern rates
        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
          If it's Amazon Prime, which I already have, I might consider it, assuming it will be premium subscription you have to pay extra for. But most likely I will just continue to stream for free from the Reddit links, as I have for the past 4-5 seasons.
          I have Amazon prime as well but watching games on that for me was unwatchable last season.
          The HD wouldn't stay on and it would get all pixelated and have a horrible picture resolution most of the time that was so bad, I couldn't make out where a pass was going.

Using Amazon Prime Video this year for Thursday night football i sure hope they fix whatever the problem was I was having. Cant imagine I was the only one and there was another alternative to go to(Fox). Thinking this year there won't be so they better fix it.

Comment

• johnnywyoming
            Eeyore is Joey's #1 fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Oregon
            • Retirement
            • Send PM

I had Sunday Ticket years ago but ditched it and Direct TV as it grew more expensive every year. Since then, for perhaps five or six years, I have subscribed to Game Pass. I have lived outside of the Charger home broadcast area since 1980 when I left San Diego. Game Pass allows me to watch every Charger game (and any other game) without the commercials and without watching the buffoons on the halftime shows. Game Pass still has a few issues concerning showing other games' scores but they have improved each year. I cover the score crawl at the bottom of the screen and need to be alert to mute the announcers when they blurt out other game scores. I also have to avoid this forum :shrug:until I finish watching the week's AFC West games! For me, it works out great. Off-season I can rewatch any game I like. Yesterday I watched the Bengals game (yep, they still lost). The regular price is $99 but I have been paying $79 since 2020. Last week I received an e-mail stating the Game Pass name would change to NFL+ and once again $79 for the upcoming season. I deleted the e-mail or I would have pasted it here. Not a fit for everyone I realize but it works for me...
            Thank God for morons. Without them who would the rest of us have to blame things on?

Comment

• Velo
              Ride!
              • Aug 2019
              • Everywhere
              • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I have Amazon prime as well but watching games on that for me was unwatchable last season.
              The HD wouldn't stay on and it would get all pixelated and have a horrible picture resolution most of the time that was so bad, I couldn't make out where a pass was going.

Using Amazon Prime Video this year for Thursday night football i sure hope they fix whatever the problem was I was having. Cant imagine I was the only one and there was another alternative to go to(Fox). Thinking this year there won't be so they better fix it.
              I don't remember having that problem watching games on Prime. I've watched other programming where the stream is low quality; I'm watching a documentary series right now that seems slightly out of focus. But I think the NFL games I've watched on Prime have all been good quality. Some times I watch on my laptop, but I also stream Prime on my TV using my fire stick.

Comment

• captaind
                Cook This Pork Chops
                • Jun 2013
                • Mars
                • Ball Holder
                • Send PM

Originally posted by johnnywyoming View Post
                I had Sunday Ticket years ago but ditched it and Direct TV as it grew more expensive every year. Since then, for perhaps five or six years, I have subscribed to Game Pass. I have lived outside of the Charger home broadcast area since 1980 when I left San Diego. Game Pass allows me to watch every Charger game (and any other game) without the commercials and without watching the buffoons on the halftime shows. Game Pass still has a few issues concerning showing other games' scores but they have improved each year. I cover the score crawl at the bottom of the screen and need to be alert to mute the announcers when they blurt out other game scores. I also have to avoid this forum :shrug:until I finish watching the week's AFC West games! For me, it works out great. Off-season I can rewatch any game I like. Yesterday I watched the Bengals game (yep, they still lost). The regular price is $99 but I have been paying $79 since 2020. Last week I received an e-mail stating the Game Pass name would change to NFL+ and once again $79 for the upcoming season. I deleted the e-mail or I would have pasted it here. Not a fit for everyone I realize but it works for me...
                I've had it since 2016. Thanks for the heads-up, I haven't received an email about this yet.

Comment

• captaind
                  Cook This Pork Chops
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Mars
                  • Ball Holder
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

This would replace the Direct TV NFL ticket, wouldn’t it? E.g. the addicts who want access to 12-16 games a week? They wouldn’t ditch the local (national) broadcasts, would they?

I bought NFL Ticket when I lived in Detroit for 5 yrs so I could watch Chargers … long ago. It was $140 i think. No idea modern rates
                  When we had it, the national broadcasts were still on local channels and were blacked out on the DTV channels because local advertisers complained about it.

It was $300 last time we had it, but that was 2015 when we cut the cord.

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

My son was in medical school the past few years and he signed up for Sunday Ticket for students, so I got to watch the Chargers here in Nashville. He just graduated, so this is very good timing!

Comment

• Fleet 1
                      TPB Founder
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Kauai
                      • Send PM

I hope my daughter who hates football can still get her student discount. You know...so she can watch the games for a lot less than the normal cost of ST. lol

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by johnnywyoming View Post
                        What do you watch when the game does go to commercial - just banner screen waiting for them to come back?

I DVR’d most games the last decade to skip commercials and HT, which is why I avoid GDT here most weeks. Its not I don’t want to watch live, but just alot of busy activities on weekends and it’s hard to devote 3:15 minutes in one sitting. A game is under 2 hrs.

This year my new Theater Room is fully operational and it is epic. 120” 4k Laser projector with full surround sound, two rows of theater power recliners (2nd row elevated 1 ft of course), its amazing. Built in frig, popcorn machine, snack bar, ,,, I will probably tune in from opening kickoff and forego the extra hour I would have saved
                        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        😂
                        🥰
                        😘
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😞
                        😡