Clear All
  • 21&500
    Bolt Spit-Baller
    • Sep 2018
    • A Whale's Vajayjay
    • CMB refugee
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltdiehard View Post
    I get where the OP is coming from and I just want a fucking ring. Bad.
    The one in your avi looks nice!
    .005 Brock Bowers, TE/HB/SR Georgia
    .037 Braden Fiske, DT Florida St.
    .069 Mike Sainristil, CB Michigan
    .105 Brenden Rice, WR USC
    .110 Mason McCormick, OG/OC S. Dakota St.
    .140 Zak Zinter, OG Michigan
    .181 Nehemiah Pritchett, CB Auburn
    .225 Ainias Smith, WR Texas A&M
    .253 Carson Steele, RB UCLA

Comment

• chargeroo
      Fan since 1961
      • Jan 2019
      • Oregon
      • Retired Manager/Pastor
      • Send PM

This thread should be taken out behind the barn and shot!
      THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• BlazingBolt
        SLAM DUNK!
        • Jun 2013
        • East County San Diego
        • Bolt fanatic
        • Send PM

I’m just saying this because the team has so much talent and depth there are no excuses this year. I expect a ring this year, this is the highest I have ever been on any chargers team but the division is brutal.

if Staley can’t at least be seriously contending for a Super Bowl this season he shouldn’t get another chance. I like him a lot. I love his press conferences and his leadership personality. But this team is stacked and the defense was awful last year.

this thread is simply saying it’s put up or shut up time for both telescoe and Staley. If they don’t succeed this year there is no salary cap on coaching. Go get Peyton.
        migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

• Grinners
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by BlazingBolt View Post
          Telescoe and Staley must go and Spanos better fucking get Sean Peyton out of retirement. It’s the same offense and a proven winning coach. Could it ever happen ?
          Premature ejaculation

Lets lose our virginity with the girls we got right now............................................... ..

Comment

• JupiterBolt
            ~ Charger Fan ~
            • Sep 2018
            • Jupiter, FL
            • Send PM

Failure is not an option!!

Comment

• blueman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

I will blame BB. He started this thread.

Comment

Telescoe and Staley must go and Spanos better fucking get Sean Peyton out of retirement. It’s the same offense and a proven winning coach. Could it ever happen ?
                I disagree with this kind of blanket statement.

First, what constitutes a "failure" has not been defined.

Once defined, an analysis has to be made of the degree of failure and of the reasons why the season was a failure.

For example, what if Herbert gets injured for the season in week 1? If that happens, our expectations should be adjusted substantially downward and the lesser result would not necessarily be the fault of either Telesco or Staley. Or what happens if everyone stays healthy but we fall just short, losing, say, in Buffalo in overtime in the AFCCG? Is that season a "failure"?

On the other hand, if the Staley defense, even with all of the talent we brought in, fails miserably, I would be fine cutting ties with Staley if we conclude that the issues are scheme related, but my bias is that I prefer more aggressive attacking defenses like those played by BAL and PIT over the years and like we used to play under Wade Phillips. I do not care for our light box, who cares about the run, let them move the ball down the field defense (at least not the way we have played it so far).

If there are key injuries that cost us because we lack quality depth, then I would need to look at why we lacked that quality depth. If the shortcoming is Telesco's fault, then he should be fired. For example, if we sucked at ILB, I would be forgiving of Telesco in part because Murray was a highly rated player entering the league. So, if Murray failed, to me, that is not all on Telesco as a lot of people had that wrong. I differentiate between a pick like that versus some of his big reaches versus consensus big boards when many people viewed the player as being worse and Telesco ignored them and took the player with an earlier than warranted pick anyway. However, if Murray fails because of injury, then I would fault Telesco for the ILB position sucking because based upon the information available, it appears that we could have re-signed Kyzir White for not a lot of money, so that lack of quality depth in an injury to Murray situation is on Telesco.

In any event, I think an analysis of the degree to which the team failed and why the team failed must be performed before any conclusions can be reached.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                  Moderate Skeptic
                  • May 2022
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                  This thread should be taken out behind the barn and shot!
                  I'm in favor of this . . . . .

Comment

• QSmokey
                    Guardedly Optimistic
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Kuna, Idaho
                    • Retired
                    • Send PM

If the team starts firing coaches after 2 seasons, we're going to have a hard time attracting ANYBODY to coach here, no less Payton. As for Telesco, I'm on the fence. I feel as if he has positioned the team, this off-season, to seriously contend. As chaincrusher said, you have to take into account catastrophic injuries but, injuries aside, if a (relatively) healthy Charger team fails to perform next year, well, would that be on Telesco? The coaches?

Comment

• SDBORN
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Not making playoffs within the 3 first years of Herbert at the helm, would truly be a disaster. Hopefully that isn't the case. No excuses this year.

Comment

• Caslon
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2019
                        • Send PM

If the Chargers fail to go into the second round of the playoffs with no multiple catastrophic injuries, then maybe it’s the “intangibles.” Then again we may be entering a new era of wunderkind head coaches who use advanced mathematics, hehe. Whatever gets the job done (4th and 18 from own 20). Staley in just his second year may grow such a radical approach with success. It’s possible.

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Oct 2017
                          • Send PM

I’m just saying this because the team has so much talent and depth there are no excuses this year. I expect a ring this year, this is the highest I have ever been on any chargers team but the division is brutal.

if Staley can’t at least be seriously contending for a Super Bowl this season he shouldn’t get another chance. I like him a lot. I love his press conferences and his leadership personality. But this team is stacked and the defense was awful last year.

this thread is simply saying it’s put up or shut up time for both telescoe and Staley. If they don’t succeed this year there is no salary cap on coaching. Go get Peyton.
                          I still don't like our depth on defense and at WR. But it's always possible some upgrades will be made - if actually needed - up until the trade deadline.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍