Clear All
  • 21&500
    Bolt Spit-Baller
    • Sep 2018
    • A Whale's Vajayjay
    • CMB refugee
    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
    So, i guess no reports from Day1. Here’s to Day2!
    No news is good news??
    (no injuries)
    Gimmie Bower Power!!

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

No news is good news??
      (no injuries)
      Maybe nobody showed up? This is a bad sign … oh dear … oh my …
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Heatmiser
        HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

First day was just rookie reporting and processing, no?

TG
        Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Bolt-O
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
          First day was just rookie reporting and processing, no?

TG
          Yeah, but the TC has to start from something. Hopefully the rooks learned something from mini-camp. 50 days until the NFL season starts.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post

He got a couple mentions. Most here were not looking IOL in round 3. I think wu maybe?
            He’s mentioned in 3 posts prior to draft. One in December, the other two in March. He wasn’t the focus of any of them, but a one of many side note type of mention. One did suggest 2nd or 3rd round, but the others are suggesting a late round bench addition. No real follow on discussion to notice about Salyer on any of the three.

So we’re both correct - yes there we’re a couple mentions but no, this forum was not really discussing Salyer. There were a LOT of OL candidates discussed at considerable detail - he wasn’t one of them.

I hope he’s great. He’s a big boy and played big league NCAA football. Thats a good starting point.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

Yeah, but the TC has to start from something. Hopefully the rooks learned something from mini-camp. 50 days until the NFL season starts.
              Oh god, 50 days! At least we have PS games before then - I can pretend its football until the real thing arrives. Its fun to see the guys fight for lower-20 roster spots plus get a feel if our backups match up against the couple teams we play.

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                Every year at this time I'm reminded how stiff and sore my muscles would get for the first 2/3 days. I could hardly walk! I didn't have enough sense to work out ahead of time. Sure was fun though.
                First day of TC! Woo-hoo, Roo! ANOTHER Roo Miracle Milestone met!

Comment

• Xenos
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

No news is good news??
                  (no injuries)
                  Popper is still on vacation. And Gilberto and Fernando are covering other teams now.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                    HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

I will miss Staley calling Gilberto by name at his pressers. I was always impressed by how he took the time to learn their names and to use them in interactions.

TG
                    Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
                      Fluent in Sarcasm
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Iowa
                      • Man of the People
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

He isn’t the reason they are champs. Their defense is the reason they are champs.

I am not saying he’s horrible, but he looked stiff and stilted in the tape I saw. No way he was ready for NFL grade edge rushers. Looks like he needs a lot of work to me. There’s a long list of great Bama teams with shitty LT’s that flamed out in the pros. heck, we drafted one of them, ended up as a decent (average) RG after 6 or so years of development.

As to the 2nd round grade, i read every pre-draft post here, we had like 4 different threads that were “different topics” but all in fact were just draft threads. No one mentioned Salyer before the draft that I saw, did I miss it. He was never considered as a possible 3rd rd pick when the smart guys were going thru all of the possible tackle prospects that might still be available if we didnt pick OL in Rd1. it wasn’t because they thought he’d already be taken. Nobody here was grading him day2. He wasn’t even mentioned as a 4th or 5th rd pick here that I saw, certainly not enough times so I’d notice. So now we got a R2 prospect in the 6th? I personally don’t think so.

I hope he turns out great. I expect nothing in 2022, maybe he’s on the 53, maybe he’s on PS. I expect Pip to start. He’s put in the work, he’s been in the system, he’s learned about playing against elite pros.
                      Not ready for NFL grade rushers? How did he perform against Hutchinson, Ojabo, and Anderson in the CFP? I’m not saying he’s a day one starter at OT in the NFL, but if I remember right he gave up 2-3 total pressures going against the top pass rusher from this draft and next years draft in the 2 biggest games of the year.

I also don’t see how our lack of conversation about a guy have to do with his actual value per the draft? There were 194 guys selected before Salyer, many of whom we also never discussed. Most of us find our 20ish or so favorite prospects and then die on those hills.

Realistically Salyer is a prospect that has a higher floor than your normal 6th round pick but a somewhat limited ceiling due to athletic limitations. If he could develop into an average starter quality OG then it was a great pick. All I really know is that I’d much rather have Salyer for a 6th round pick than draft Cole Strange with a 1st.

Comment

• chargeroo
                        Fan since 1961
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Oregon
                        • Retired Manager/Pastor
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                        I will miss Staley calling Gilberto by name at his pressers. I was always impressed by how he took the time to learn their names and to use them in interactions.

TG
                        I have a close friend that is the Pastor of a church of about 900 and he knows all their names! He even remembers the names of the babies. Some people are blessed with fantastic memory.
                        THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• 21&500
                          Bolt Spit-Baller
                          • Sep 2018
                          • A Whale's Vajayjay
                          • CMB refugee
                          • Send PM

Antonio Cromartie can proudly say that he now can recall ALL the names of his children without the use of a teleprompter.

So proud.
                          Gimmie Bower Power!!

Comment

Working...
                          X