• Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Kind of premature to talk about moving on from Slayer. He does have 3 years left on his current deal...
    He is coming off a season where he had the most catches in his career, good for seventh in the league. Why in the world would anyone want to get rid of a talent like that?

Comment

• Heatmiser
      HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

In addition to being the best WR on this team and one of the top in the league, Keenan is the heart and soul of this offense. He is a team leader. Getting rid of him is just foolishness.

Williams never gets separation. Watch his college play. Watch his NFL play. He makes his living out muscling smaller DBs for contested catches. He has never been a sharp route runner and does not possess the quickness to thrive that way. His game is all physical. The only time he has separation is due to busted coverage or scheme. He cannot do what Allen does or reallly even what Palmer does. Doesn’t mean he isn’t a good WR, just don’t hold your breath waiting for him to suddenly juke corners out of their socks just because he got a new contract.

TG
      Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• pigskin
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Southern Oregon
        • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharged View Post
        Thanks for those clips Fleet.

Man ;that route MW was :shock: sloppy. JC like a blanket on him. If he returns to his pre contract form Im gonna be pissed.

I'm tellin ya JP looks like he really hit the weights hard this off season. I think he takes another step forward. It actually could mean that KA could be expendable. I love KA but in today's NFL you have to move on while there's still tread on the tires and get some value. Just sayin.

I feel pretty confident that next offseason we look for a true #1 WR via FA or draft.
        Move him to safety :couch:

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

He is coming off a season where he had the most catches in his career, good for seventh in the league. Why in the world would anyone want to get rid of a talent like that?
          Yep...don't understand all this trade talk...first it was Tillery, then Pip, then Storm, then Mike Will, now Slayer...who's next?

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
            In addition to being the best WR on this team and one of the top in the league, Keenan is the heart and soul of this offense. He is a team leader. Getting rid of him is just foolishness.

Williams never gets separation. Watch his college play. Watch his NFL play. He makes his living out muscling smaller DBs for contested catches. He has never been a sharp route runner and does not possess the quickness to thrive that way. His game is all physical. The only time he has separation is due to busted coverage or scheme. He cannot do what Allen does or reallly even what Palmer does. Doesn’t mean he isn’t a good WR, just don’t hold your breath waiting for him to suddenly juke corners out of their socks just because he got a new contract.

TG
            Okay, so Mike Will's style is different than Slayer...but...Mike Will DID have 1,100 total receiving yards last season, a career high...just sayin'...

Comment

• powderblueboy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Because he makes a lot of money, and if he is traded the cap space voided get distributed evenly among members here.

Comment

• nomad1946
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2017
                • West Yellowstone, Montana
                • Retired
                • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Because he makes a lot of money, and if he is traded the cap space voided get distributed evenly among members here.
                Trade him, I need my share of the CAP. :Lamp:

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
                  Fluent in Sarcasm
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Iowa
                  • Man of the People
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post
                  BTW, the only reason I have 5 WRs is because that’s what they did last year, instead of keeping 6 WRs and 6 DTs (like I would) they kept 3 QBs and 4 RBs:shock:
                  Don’t forget we carried 4 TEs and 5 ILBs too. The roster construction this year is definitely something to keep an eye on. My understanding is that Swinton had a lot of pull on backend roster decisions last year. Obviously STs are important and need to be considered with the roster but making cuts based solely off STs and then having those players not succeed on ST is one of the big reasons Swinton is gone.

Comment

• Xenos
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Comment

• jamrock
                      lawyers, guns and money
                      • Sep 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Yep...don't understand all this trade talk...first it was Tillery, then Pip, then Storm, then Mike Will, now Slayer...who's next?
                      Herbert. Trade him before the expensive extension

Comment

• 21&500
                        Bolt Spit-Baller
                        • Sep 2018
                        • A Whale's Vajayjay
                        • CMB refugee
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Herbert. Trade him before the expensive extension
                        Imagine all the cap space and picks we'll have!
                        ha.
                        Gimmie Bower Power!!

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Imagine all the cap space and picks we'll have!
                          ha.
                          A lot!

Herbert is so marketable I think we can wait until after the season to ensure we trade to the team with #1 pick.
                          Risky strategy? Sure, but worth it!
                          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

Working...
                          X