• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fouts2herbert
    Charger Fan since 1978
    • Sep 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

I suspected that the pre-draft speculation about the Bolts targeting a wideout at #17 was mostly smoke, but I was *afraid* that speculation WASN'T smoke, and sweated it out for a while!

A wideout was NOT going to improve the offense anywhere near as much as the right O-lineman would. So relieved that Zion was the pick.
    same here, I’ll continue hammering away at the need for OL until they complete the starting lineup. Why? Because herbert, otherwise I mostly gravitate towards drafting defense in the early rounds.

the wideout thing is strange to me especially with so mamy teams finding impact guys outside of round one
    "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
      Charger Fan since 1978
      • Sep 2021
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
      Forgot to post this earlier. Looks like JT Woods is going through rookie pains. But on the bright side the other young guys are finally stepping up, showing that it does take time to acclimate to the NFL. Also updates on Otito and Jaimes.

Makes me wonder just how much he was set back when he was held out of OTA activities by his agent due to some kind of issue regarding a waiver. I think it’s a standard waiver all the draftees sign off on. This happened before with another rookie, I want to say it was merriman but I’m not sure. Anyways, it couldn’t have helped that he missed time in the spring.
      "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Bolt-O
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

Makes me wonder just how much he was set back when he was held out of OTA activities by his agent due to some kind of issue regarding a waiver. I think it’s a standard waiver all the draftees sign off on. This happened before with another rookie, I want to say it was merriman but I’m not sure. Anyways, it couldn’t have helped that he missed time in the spring.
        Defensive Backs have the second biggest learning curve of all positions, behind QBs. But I think he only missed about a week or two of his OTA field practices, and was present. I don't think it this is a huge deal, not surprised that Gilman is getting more snaps as a 2nd year player.

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
          Fluent in Sarcasm
          • Jun 2013
          • Iowa
          • Man of the People
          • Send PM

Interesting that Salyer is now Zion's backup at RG, and Jaimes will back up Feiler at LG.
          Heard that this was a planned switch just to make sure the depth is cross trained and that the guys in the trenches can get some different matchups. They probably switch back next week.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

same here, I’ll continue hammering away at the need for OL until they complete the starting lineup. Why? Because herbert, otherwise I mostly gravitate towards drafting defense in the early rounds.

the wideout thing is strange to me especially with so mamy teams finding impact guys outside of round one
            I would rather get a super-stud RB1 bell cow vs a WR1, as long as they fix RT. We’ll see what Spiller is, i haven’t seen reports he’s shredding camp apart yet.
            “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Parcells
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I would rather get a super-stud RB1 bell cow vs a WR1, as long as they fix RT. We’ll see what Spiller is, i haven’t seen reports he’s shredding camp apart yet.
              Just look at what the top RBs are getting paid vs top WRs. Clearly the league feels differently.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Parcells View Post

Just look at what the top RBs are getting paid vs top WRs. Clearly the league feels differently.
                So does this forum. I see all. I think this team, now, a RB1 super stud would make a much bigger difference than the delta from Slayer to “Prototype WR1”.

Comment

• 21&500
                  Bolt Spit-Baller
                  • Sep 2018
                  • A Whale's Vajayjay
                  • CMB refugee
                  • Send PM

Spiller is young, but given the maturity, work ethic, competitiveness and competency I see and hear about, I strongly believe we found our "bell-cow" that fits our modern offense.
                  just a matter of time.
                  I'll predict he will breakout in playoff game 2 this season.
                  .005 Brock Bowers, TE/HB/SR Georgia
                  .037 Braden Fiske, DT Florida St.
                  .069 Mike Sainristil, CB Michigan
                  .105 Brenden Rice, WR USC
                  .110 Mason McCormick, OG/OC S. Dakota St.
                  .140 Zak Zinter, OG Michigan
                  .181 Nehemiah Pritchett, CB Auburn
                  .225 Ainias Smith, WR Texas A&M
                  .253 Carson Steele, RB UCLA

Comment

• Xenos
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

He only missed a week. It’s just the rookie learning curve right now for DBs. They’re asked to do a lot in Staley’s defense.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                      Beef Before Gazelles
                      • May 2021
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Parcells View Post

Even so, I'd rather add Derrick Henry to the Chargers than another receiver, no matter HOW good... even Jamar Chase good, which is saying a lot.

Can you imagine what the Chargers offense could do with the services of Derrick Henry?!? Sweet Jebus! It would be unstoppable.

Adding Jamar Chase to the Bolts' offense would *NOT* make it unstoppable.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

Even so, I'd rather add Derrick Henry to the Chargers than another receiver, no matter HOW good... even Jamar Chase good, which is saying a lot.

Can you imagine what the Chargers offense could do with the services of Derrick Henry?!? Sweet Jebus! It would be unstoppable.

Adding Jamar Chase to the Bolts' offense would *NOT* make it unstoppable.
                        Thats pretty much how i see it. not that i wouldn’t love Chase - i just think thats a smaller delta to the current team. Maybe Spiller will surprise, but I’m expecting a mid-level able RB (which is an upgrade from our JAGs) but not a total game changer that forces defenses to defend the Chargers in a fundamentally different way.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                          Charger Fan since 1978
                          • Sep 2021
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bearded14YourPleasure View Post

Heard that this was a planned switch just to make sure the depth is cross trained and that the guys in the trenches can get some different matchups. They probably switch back next week.
                          this^^^ they are just getting their guys experience and reps at different spots in case they need them later on due to injuries. I think jaimes played LT for his entire college career but he’s a smart guy that works hard so I’m sure he’d be a decent stopgap RG if the need arose. Salyer I think actually played RG in college for a stretch so he should be okay on either side.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍