• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fouts2herbert
    Charger Fan since 1978
    • Sep 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

He only missed a week. It’s just the rookie learning curve right now for DBs. They’re asked to do a lot in Staley’s defense.
    And it sounds like they threw the whole enchilada at him right off so they obviously have big plans for him right away. Of he’s slow to acclimate woukd they keep 5 safeties? I just don’t see them cutting webb, he’s like the staley prototype for that position. I think gillman is the odd man out but if woods is slow to come around they might end up keeping gillman another year?
    "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

And it sounds like they threw the whole enchilada at him right off so they obviously have big plans for him right away. Of he’s slow to acclimate woukd they keep 5 safeties? I just don’t see them cutting webb, he’s like the staley prototype for that position. I think gillman is the odd man out but if woods is slow to come around they might end up keeping gillman another year?
      Its 8 practices. Im not worried about it and Nas is said to be looking real good. Didnt get to see Webb last season and they say he is looking really good. Woods has time to get acclimated. Hopefully by the end of preseason he is more comfortable.

Im not expecting him to be a stud this season so if he can contribute, that would be great. But agree, Gilman hasnnt been that great and could be the odd man out.

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

Good players are getting cut this year. It’s what talent rich teams do. There was a story yesterday about KC might have to cut 3 talented draftees. It’s a good position to be in.
        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
        The Wasted Decade is done.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
          Beef Before Gazelles
          • May 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
          Gilman hasnnt been that great and could be the odd man out.
          Gilman was playing last season in a depleted secondary that didn't have the benefit of a Front 7 providing good pass pressure.

He's no star, but could be a nice complementary piece, IMO.

It will be interesting to see how much better the play of the Bolts' d-backfield, in general, looks when Bosa, Mack & Assoc. are crushing quarterbacks, and the re-vamped IDL is crushing pass pockets.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

Gilman was playing last season in a depleted secondary that didn't have the benefit of a Front 7 providing good pass pressure.

It will be interesting to see how much better the play of the Bolts' d-backfield, in general, looks when Bosa, Mack & Assoc. are crushing quarterbacks, and the re-vamped IDL is crushing pass pockets.
            Depends on how many they keep. He wasnt very good last season no matter the front 7. If Webb beats him out, IMO thats a good thing. Keep the best players.

Comment

• powderblueboy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

Defensive Backs have the second biggest learning curve of all positions, behind QBs. But I think he only missed about a week or two of his OTA field practices, and was present. I don't think it this is a huge deal, not surprised that Gilman is getting more snaps as a 2nd year player.
              That picture of him with Woods, and then was it Leonard (or Taylor) with whom he had the 5 minute filmed conversation?

He seems particularly locked in on teaching db techniques to rooks.

Comment

• sonorajim
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Depends on how many they keep. He wasnt very good last season no matter the front 7. If Webb beats him out, IMO thats a good thing. Keep the best players.
                Derwin, Nas, JT, locks. Webb, Gilman likely. We probably keep 10 DBs. 5-5. We know DB depth is essential.
                Webb & Gilman both have experience in this system.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                  Charger Fan since 1978
                  • Sep 2021
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

That picture of him with Woods, and then was it Leonard (or Taylor) with whom he had the 5 minute filmed conversation?

He seems particularly locked in on teaching db techniques to rooks.
                  staley understands that the league has gravitated to the passing game more than ever before. It’s really interesting that being a former QB he’s in a unique position to teach defenders how to defeat opposing QBs.
                  "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Heatmiser
                    HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                    Spiller is young, but given the maturity, work ethic, competitiveness and competency I see and hear about, I strongly believe we found our "bell-cow" that fits our modern offense.
                    just a matter of time.
                    I'll predict he will breakout in playoff game 2 this season.
                    I did not realize this, but Spiller is only 20 and is the youngest player drafted this year in the entire NFL. Wow.

TG
                    Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                      HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

I think if Gilman plays a lot on defense (I think he can be a terrific special teams player) it is a very bad sign. He is a very limited player. Smart, but limited.

TG
                      Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Velo
                        Ride!
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Everywhere
                        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                        • Send PM

What's wrong with this story?

Jackson led the league with 23 passes defensed and was second with eight picks as he made his first Pro Bowl last season with the Patriots

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                          IDK...it was a short story, looks good to me.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍