• Show
Clear All
  • DerwinBosa
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2022
    • Send PM

Originally posted by PR#1 View Post
    I wouldn't sign him.

You're going to sign him to a big contract and he's going to be constantly injured.

He's not getting anything younger
    Worth the risk. I'm biased, since he's one of my two favorite players, but safeties of his caliber don't come along often. Hopefully he's over the injuries the way Keenan has been.

Comment

• JupiterBolt
      ~ Charger Fan ~
      • Sep 2018
      • Jupiter, FL
      • Send PM

It’s really more of a Hold In. I am confident that things will get worked out soon and we will have a healthy DJ.

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2017
        • Send PM

I'd rather Derwin not participate in TC or PS. I want to keep him healthy going into the regular season. That alone is my goal with him.

Comment

• boldarblood
          Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Too important of a player to let leave, He will absolutely be extended.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Hold in is such a more pleasant, calming phrase than hold out. The aura is soothing, the deal will be done. Nothing to worry about, we don’t play a real game for a long time.
            “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• JOJAX85
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Sep 2018
              • Irmo, SC
              • Send PM

Injury history or not, he's a difference maker and he's not a malcontent. Get it done and let's Go!

Comment

• Heatmiser
                HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Also the rest of the team is watching. If Chargers don't treat their self admitted superstar heart and soul player fairly, then the rest of the guys stand no chance. I think when AJ pulled his stunt with Gates he lost a lot of respect on the team and never really got it back.

TG
                Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                  Also the rest of the team is watching. If Chargers don't treat their self admitted superstar heart and soul player fairly, then the rest of the guys stand no chance. I think when AJ pulled his stunt with Gates he lost a lot of respect on the team and never really got it back.

TG
                  the number of Chargers that can have hope for an $80 - $90M contract will fit in a Hyundai. These “every player is watching” memes about how horrible the Chargers treat players and are worn out, tiresome, and contradicted by math.

Giving DJ a huge overblown contract does not help his teammates. For 40 of more of the players, DJ’s big contract will pull Benjamins right out of their pocket because there is no infinite moon pie of delight, there is a hard fixed team cap. To give DJ an extra $10M is to take away $1M each from 10 other players. To think that they don’t know this mathematic reality and all they care about is rah rah give DJ everything in the world is to call them stupid pawns. I don’t think they are stupid pawns unaware of the business economics of their profession.

To restate the obvious historic truth more commonly unfairly denied, the Chargers spend up to/near/at the cap every year. They are not cheap on paying players. They have not been cheap on paying players throughout the cap era.
                  “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

Agreed. And James - much as I love the guy's talent - hasn't managed to put together 2 healthy, productive seasons in a row since he was drafted. Not that I'm wishing we do anything but re-sign him, but I wonder if the two sides are at odds over an extension in regards to what James thinks he's worth (based on talent and potential) and what the Chargers think he's worth (based on his health history and overall productivity in his rookie contract).
                    I'm guessing the Bolts are insisting on some language to protect themselves in case of another injury-plagued season, and Derwin probably wants Minkah Money with few if any limitations...

Comment

• jubei
                      Vagabond Ninja
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

He's good when he's healthy. but like a previous poster said...he has to put 2 full seasons together of being healthy to backup the Brinks truck IMO. Even this last offseason there was surgery done on him. he's been better than Verrett but to be paid top safety money you have to be available as well. LOVE the guy, LOVE his energy, his leadership, intangibles...but you gotta be on the field to expect to be paid.

Comment

• jamrock
                        lawyers, guns and money
                        • Sep 2017
                        • Send PM

It’s all about the guaranteed dollars with a guy like Derwin who has missed all of one season and a big part of another. Also had off season surgery. I imagine they are not far apart on the rest

Comment

• chargeroo
                          Fan since 1961
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Oregon
                          • Retired Manager/Pastor
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

TG
                          Agree. AJ really messed up on that one.
                          THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

Working...
                          X