Clear All
  • QSmokey
    Guardedly Optimistic
    • Jun 2013
    • Kuna, Idaho
    • Retired
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Hadl2Alworth View Post

I do not expect Derwin - and I love him - to play every game this year. I would say if he could play 10 games relatively full-strength that would be very good for him. I hope it's enough for us to get into the playoffs. I'm to the point where I'd play Derwin and then sit him the following week to give his body extra rest and healing. Do that throughout the season. I'd be okay if that happened for Derwin (I wish it would) but I know it won't.
    I don't think it's a good strategy to play a guy one week and then sit him the next throughout the entire season. If he's banged up, sure; but not if he's healthy. James is here now, ready to play under his new sweet contract. We didn't sign him to such a big deal for him to play half a season. You just have to let him play and hope for the best. Which is all you can hope for ANY player.

Comment

• Heatmiser
      HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

I am with you Q. Besides a competitor like James is never going to go along with sitting games when he is healthy to rest. He is what 26 years old?

TG
      Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• jamrock
        lawyers, guns and money
        • Sep 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

I don't think it's a good strategy to play a guy one week and then sit him the next throughout the entire season. If he's banged up, sure; but not if he's healthy. James is here now, ready to play under his new sweet contract. We didn't sign him to such a big deal for him to play half a season. You just have to let him play and hope for the best. Which is all you can hope for ANY player.
        Yes, agree. The real idea is to have depth so that a guy can get a breather during the game with subs ocassionally. That's what they do with DL guys, WRs, RBs, and just about every position group except OL

Comment

• 21&500
          Bolt Spit-Baller
          • Sep 2018
          • A Whale's Vajayjay
          • CMB refugee
          • Send PM

I want to remind everyone that we were a relatively healthy squad entering week 18 against the turd-butt-licking-trashy-ass-raiders.
          I think and hope Staley's management has something to do with that.
          Gimmie Bower Power!!

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

I agree. I there is need to extend recovery time for assurance, thats one thing. But sitting healthy players - don’t think so
            “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
              Charger Fan since 1978
              • Sep 2021
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Is it too much to expect this defense to shut out the Raiders Week 1 now that we have the most expensive safety in NFL history, a long with all the other big contract players (Bosa, Mack, Jackson) and shiny new position pieces (Joseph-Day, Johnson, Van Noy, Reeder, Fox, Callahan)?
              Shut out might be unlikely considering the top shelf talent on that offense, the raiders have highly paid guys on offense too, waller and adams are amongst the very best at their respective positions, car is a top 15 QB in the NFL, and their RBs are talented too. Las Vegas has a average offensive line but mcdanals comes from a system where they get rid of the ball quickly which masks some of the deficiencies in the OL. last year’s defense kept them to 14 points at Sco Fi but a lot has changed since then on both sides…we’ll see…
              "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• chargeroo
                Fan since 1961
                • Jan 2019
                • Oregon
                • Retired Manager/Pastor
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                I am with you Q. Besides a competitor like James is never going to go along with sitting games when he is healthy to rest. He is what 26 years old?

TG
                They'll need a tow truck to drag him off the field if he's healthy.
                THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Fleet 1
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Kauai
                  • Send PM

With post June 1st cap savings and dead money.

Screen Shot 2022-08-18 at 12.42.08 PM.png

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Yes, agree. The real idea is to have depth so that a guy can get a breather during the game with subs ocassionally. That's what they do with DL guys, WRs, RBs, and just about every position group except OL
                    OL doesn't get weary like other position groups do. They can play all snaps for an entire game. Another position group that can play all snaps for a game, or almost the whole game, are the cornerbacks and safeties. DBs don't get rotated like DL, WR, and RB do. Sure, you'll see them rotated for sub-packages and stuff, but they don't get weary like the guys up front do. DBs don't need to come off the field to get a breather.

Comment

• Shock&Awe
                      Great White North
                      • Mar 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post
                      With post June 1st cap savings and dead money.

Screen Shot 2022-08-18 at 12.42.08 PM.png
                      If he can't stay healthy it's good to see there is a bit of out in the last two years when the cap hit ramps up.

Comment

Working...
                      X