• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fleet 1
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Kauai
    • Send PM

Would love if we had a little protection in the contract. Lack of availability concerns. I think hes a top 3 Safety when he plays. But how many max contracts have we given out over the years only to have a player never healthy enough to truly earn it? Most of them OL off the top of my head. He is our version of Tatis.

Comment

• Heatmiser
      HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Taylor B is such a pretty young lady and she is really good at her job. But man, she is so thin she looks sickly to me. I hope she is ok.

TG
      Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
        French Speaking Charger Fan
        • Jan 2019
        • Québec city
        • Send PM

She's lovely just like that !

Comment

• jamrock
          lawyers, guns and money
          • Sep 2017
          • Send PM

This is dragging a bit

Comment

• QSmokey
            Guardedly Optimistic
            • Jun 2013
            • Kuna, Idaho
            • Retired
            • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
            This is dragging a bit
            Agreed. And I have been historically unsympathetic to overpaid athletes' demands when it comes to holding out under an existing contract. In many ways, a holdout is harder for me to take than an injury, since there's an able-bodied athlete simply refusing to play the game that he is paid so handsomely to play.

You can only play with the guys who are here and willing, and able, to play. If James doesn't fall into that category, I'm going to lose what little patience I have left with him and simply move on from the distraction. There was some criticism about drafting "another safety" (Woods). Maybe the brass knew they were heading for a showdown with James and decided to play it safe. And yes, I realize that Woods is no James. But James is less than useless sitting on the sidelines.

Comment

• Formula 21
              The Future is Now
              • Jun 2013
              • Republic of San Diego
              • Send PM

Opening game of the season Derwin will be on the field. Making an impact. That’s all that matters to me.
              Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
              The Wasted Decade is done.
              Build Back Better.

Comment

• QSmokey
                Guardedly Optimistic
                • Jun 2013
                • Kuna, Idaho
                • Retired
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                Opening game of the season Derwin will be on the field. Making an impact. That's all that matters to me.
                I'm not so confident. Wishful thinking on your part, F21? These things can get messy.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                  HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

I look at it this way. He is there, he is part of all the installs, he is still leading from the side (literally), his chances of getting a serious injury during practices is reduced and players like Webb and Woods are getting way more reps than they would. As long as he signs a couple weeks before the season starts, I am fine.

TG
                  Last edited by Heatmiser; 08-02-2022, 04:34 PM.
                  Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

I'm not so confident. Wishful thinking on your part, F21? These things can get messy.
                    Both sides want a deal. Derwin is the heart and soul of this D, not reaching a reasonable deal with him sends a bad message to the entire team.
                    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                    The Wasted Decade is done.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Xenos
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Agreed. And I have been historically unsympathetic to overpaid athletes' demands when it comes to holding out under an existing contract. In many ways, a holdout is harder for me to take than an injury, since there's an able-bodied athlete simply refusing to play the game that he is paid so handsomely to play.

You can only play with the guys who are here and willing, and able, to play. If James doesn't fall into that category, I'm going to lose what little patience I have left with him and simply move on from the distraction. There was some criticism about drafting "another safety" (Woods). Maybe the brass knew they were heading for a showdown with James and decided to play it safe. And yes, I realize that Woods is no James. But James is less than useless sitting on the sidelines.
                      I guess I feel the opposite. He’s here working out with the team and coaching the young ones, even though he’s not practicing. Everything seems amicable compared to so many other team dramas in the past. If there’s going to be a hold out, I prefer it to be like this one. Makes me optimistic that everything gets done. And even if it’s not, there’s no hard feelings.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

It’ll be done soon. Its gonna be ok
                        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• jamrock
                          lawyers, guns and money
                          • Sep 2017
                          • Send PM

It’s Derwin’s bday today. Would be good to wrap up a big check with a bow

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍