Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT Padres Discussion - Juan Soto A Padre

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post
    I know its a Padres thread but just wanted to put this here. Very sad we lost a legend.

    Growing up in the San Fernando Valley in the 70's and 80's it was amazing. Vin Scully doing Dodger broadcasts, Chick Hearn with the Lakers and Bob Miller with the Kings.


    Vin was easy-listening. He seemed to believe in himself. I loved Chicky-baby in the 1970's. I was a big Lakers fan then.

    Comment


    • #62
      The game last night was painful. Well, not really pain for me but it was putrid. Several early miscues and bam, its 8-0 already in the third inning. All the new-improved team hype made it very deflating to watch. My jest that maybe they can split a series with the Dodgers now is not looking very funny. The Dodgers aren’t even at full strength, from what announcers were saying. Like i care enough to figure out which Dodgers are on IL

      Comment


      • #63
        Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
        The game last night was painful. Well, not really pain for me but it was putrid. Several early miscues and bam, its 8-0 already in the third inning. All the new-improved team hype made it very deflating to watch. My jest that maybe they can split a series with the Dodgers now is not looking very funny. The Dodgers aren’t even at full strength, from what announcers were saying. Like i care enough to figure out which Dodgers are on IL
        It was certainly deflating. Their pitching staff has been pretty banged up and Justin Turner is out I think, but we're also still missing one of the 5 best players in the game. I try to never read too much into a given baseball game or even a series, the Rockies have dominated us for the better part of two years now and sucked against everyone else.

        Comment


        • #64
          Originally posted by SK21209 View Post

          It was certainly deflating. Their pitching staff has been pretty banged up and Justin Turner is out I think, but we're also still missing one of the 5 best players in the game. I try to never read too much into a given baseball game or even a series, the Rockies have dominated us for the better part of two years now and sucked against everyone else.
          Its just one game, agree. I don’t read more into it, I just was hoping for them to bust on the dodgers and sow doubts in that club. They’ll have to do it tonight.

          Comment


          • #65
            That was painful watching Manaea not sure what is going on with him but he was leaving everything up in the hitters happy zone. I could never figure him out in Oakland and if it continues no way he can be a rotation option in the postseason.

            Comment


            • #66
              Looks like its not happening tonight either. We can only hope this is a good wakeup call for them, those home games against the Rockies were fun but there's still a long way to go.

              Comment


              • #67
                Really hard to watch. We just can't be clutch against the Dodgers ever.

                Comment


                • #68
                  That was painful to have our asses handed to us two nights in a row. Same ol BS versus the Doyers........

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post
                    That was painful to have our asses handed to us two nights in a row. Same ol BS versus the Doyers........
                    No clutch hitting. Cronenworth has been very inconsistant this year.

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

                      No clutch hitting. Cronenworth has been very inconsistant this year.
                      Yeah but giving up 16 runs is all about pitching.......

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post
                        That was painful to have our asses handed to us two nights in a row. Same ol BS versus the Doyers........
                        Yeah I was hoping we put up more of a fight against the Dodgers. Now the best we can hope for is the #4 seed and home games in the first playoff series.

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          I'm not throwing in the towel yet
                          It's not a championship year but we'll make the playoffs and gain much needed experience
                          will be a good taste to end with leading into 2023.
                          Family*Trust*respect
                          Classic 'Roo > time

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X